St Johnstone v Dundee 26/01/22

tucker

Let's get behind the team.We need a win.Callum has St Johnstone in his blood.

Callum please for god sake change the system we no it isn't working you know it isn't

play 433 or 442 

Play muzz and Craig guys who have the club at heart and will kick and fight every ball

Zander

Brown   Clearly  Gordon.  Booth 

Mickey. Craig.   Muzz.  Forrest 

Cifti      May 

Zander 

Brown.  Clearly. Gordon. Booth 

Muzz.   Craig

MacPherson

Mickey if fit.   Cifti.   Forrest

Solid back four and something to attack attack

Sorry but based on tynecastle last week Muzz is past it. Thought Gilmour did ok yesterday. Not sure about Gallacher as a LB but he looked ok going forward.

4-4-2 is worth trying though:

Zander

Brown Cleary Gordon Booth

MOH  Craig Gilmour Middleton

Cifti Kane

Cifti and Kane have to be told to stay more central though and not drift wide and too far apart from one another otherwise they get too easily isolated. 

This is probably a daft suggestion, but if I was the manager I would give the old guard one last chance- fire into them for the next 3 days..... its on you to save the club from relegation. Go 4-4-2 and remind them that this week is their chance to go out and turn the season around. Give them the chance to regain their reputation. Drum it into Gordon, Liam and Murray its time to drag the others around them forward.... give the freedom to ball players out and set the work rate for the game.

Clark

Brown-Gordon-McCart-Booth

MOH-Davidson-Craig-Middleton

Kane-May

For me if we are beat, then we are down. The players must know that and if they care for the club as much as they say they do, I'm sure they can give 90 minutes of blood, sweat and tears.

Edited by SlickDT

2 hours ago, tucker said:

I'm not sure Mickey will make it seen he was subbed off.

Hopefully a few new faces before Wednesday please

Davidson says he hopes to bring in 2 or 3 new players.There is only a week to go ,where is he going get the players in a week that he couldn't get in a month.

Perhaps he will pay over the odds for McPherson & Forrest and parade them as new signings.

All the new signings should have been done in summer. Was it Browns money pinching. Was it CD thinking he had the team to stay in Premiership or was it HoR sheer incompetence ?. Will we ever know.

5 hours ago, SlickDT said:

This is probably a daft suggestion, but if I was the manager I would give the old guard one last chance- fire into them for the next 3 days..... its on you to save the club from relegation. Go 4-4-2 and remind them that this week is their chance to go out and turn the season around. Give them the chance to regain their reputation. Drum it into Gordon, Liam and Murray its time to drag the others around them forward.... give the freedom to ball players out and set the work rate for the game.

Clark

Brown-Gordon-McCart-Booth

MOH-Davidson-Craig-Middleton

Kane-May

For me if we are beat, then we are down. The players must know that and if they care for the club as much as they say they do, I'm sure they can give 90 minutes of blood, sweat and tears.

I like the sentiment behind the idea but we need pace. We need guys who can recover when teams counter and guys who can beat their man in a foot race to get into the box when we are attacking.

8 hours ago, slf said:

Am going in aboot the soapdodgers 

Me too. Every game for the rest of the season will be huge unless it becomes mathematically impossible to stay up. A bit of excitement. Dont want to be winning cups every season anyway.

Got to have the bad times to savour those good times. 

Now that the dust has settled on that debacle on Saturday could there be any better game than against our arch rivals to put a marker down and show our mettle? There is no hiding place now Saints. We NEED to win this or at the very least not lose this game to give us any chance of continuing in the top league.

I don't think Liam has the legs for another key game so soon after the weekend but Muzz will be in there for his battling qualities.

For no sane reason I think we'll win this.

Oh well looks like no change of personnel for Wednesday so how about a change in fortune.

We are 1-0 down in the 80th minute and looking down and out.  A harmless ball is punted upfield and a Dundee defender moves to clear.  For no accountable reason he slips and the ball lands at  May's feet, he has a flashback to 2014 and scores!

5 minutes later we get a free kick just outside the box.  An attempted up and over goes wrong and smashes into the wall.  It hits a Dundee player's hands which are in a natural position protecting his crown jewels.  Nonetheless, the ref gives a penalty, all hell breaks loose and a Dundee player is sent off for protesting.  When the kick is taken Craig scores and full time is blown!

31 minutes ago, south inch said:

Oh well looks like no change of personnel for Wednesday so how about a change in fortune.

We are 1-0 down in the 80th minute and looking down and out.  A harmless ball is punted upfield and a Dundee defender moves to clear.  For no accountable reason he slips and the ball lands at  May's feet, he has a flashback to 2014 and scores!

5 minutes later we get a free kick just outside the box.  An attempted up and over goes wrong and smashes into the wall.  It hits a Dundee player's hands which are in a natural position protecting his crown jewels.  Nonetheless, the ref gives a penalty, all hell breaks loose and a Dundee player is sent off for protesting.  When the kick is taken Craig scores and full time is blown!

In this wee dream of yours, this Dundee player wouldn't be Chick Charnley would it?