The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

54 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

"only the heroics of St Johnstone goalkeeper Scott Sinclair kept the Danes at bay,"

.report from BBC under 21s match last night, How long does Ross have left on his contract, hope we do not let it run out. Is there such a big step from Scotland under 21s to the Premiership

There were 2 saves he made that I doubt Parish would have made. I think he is good enough for the first team. Made one mistake , coming out to punch a corner but the guy got there ahead of him and hit the bar but if he had stayed on his line the guy would have had a free header.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

There were 2 saves he made that I doubt Parish would have made. I think he is good enough for the first team. Made one mistake , coming out to punch a corner but the guy got there ahead of him and hit the bar but if he had stayed on his line the guy would have had a free header.

Would you go into next season with Sinclair as first choice though? He may well be good enough (I've never seen him play personally, so can't say), but I think that would be a brave move. I think we'd be better off trying to get him a loan at a decent level next season, where he'll hopefully play every week, and then assess whether he's ready this time next year.

45 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Would you go into next season with Sinclair as first choice though? He may well be good enough (I've never seen him play personally, so can't say), but I think that would be a brave move. I think we'd be better off trying to get him a loan at a decent level next season, where he'll hopefully play every week, and then assess whether he's ready this time next year.

I would go for him as number 1. I think he is good enough but Davidson is not brave enough. He is ultra cautious hence his treatment of Eetu and most of the other 19 Nineteen players he brought in during this disasterous season.

22 minutes ago, south inch said:

I thought we might have tried for the Swiss guy Siegrist who is out of contract with the Arabs but Celtic have already approached him for the number 3 slot at Parkhead.  Also Sevco now showing interest. 

You thought he'd choose to leave United, who offered him a pay rise and guaranteed first choice, to join us?

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

I would go for him as number 1. I think he is good enough but Davidson is not brave enough. He is ultra cautious hence his treatment of Eetu and most of the other 19 Nineteen players he brought in during this disasterous season.

I think the likely main issue with Eetu and Bair is that they weren’t CD signings. 

7 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I hear on good authority that Callum Hednry has signed for Salford.

Can't be there is nothing on OS :laugh:.

Good luck to Callum. Think he will do well. He might get decent service with them.

Do we get a development fee ?.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:33 PM, RandomGuy said:

You thought he'd choose to leave United, who offered him a pay rise and guaranteed first choice, to join us?

I thought we might have tried to see what his beef with United was.  We could guarantee first choice too but if it is simply down to money I would agree we would be outgunned.  We need a quality replacement for Zander and we are not going to get one by being beat before we start.

If he goes to Celtic and takes the number 2 slot from Bain he will no doubt enjoy playing in the League Cup.  If he has to take the number 3 slot he can hope for the future whilst playing at places like Boness in front of a couple of hundred or so fans and the odd well informed collie dug.

17 minutes ago, south inch said:

I thought we might have tried to see what his beef with United was.  We could guarantee first choice too but if it is simply down to money I would agree we would be outgunned.  We need a quality replacement for Zander and we are not going to get one by being beat before we start.

If he goes to Celtic and takes the number 2 slot from Bain he will no doubt enjoy playing in the League Cup.  If he has to take the number 3 slot he can hope for the future whilst playing at places like Boness in front of a couple of hundred or so fans and the odd well informed collie dug.

His beef with Utd was that he was far too good for them and bigger clubs were interested. He’ll either be at OF or English Championship next season.

4 hours ago, Linky said:

His beef with Utd was that he was far too good for them and bigger clubs were interested. He’ll either be at OF or English Championship next season.

He played for us for 4 seasons, 2 in championship and 2 in the top flight. He was good enough for us and we were plenty good enough for him, or the relationship not have lasted as long as it did.  He leaves Tannadice a better keeper than when he arrived, with best wishes from us all and would be welcome back any time.   

28 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

He played for us for 4 seasons, 2 in championship and 2 in the top flight. He was good enough for us and we were plenty good enough for him, or the relationship not have lasted as long as it did.  He leaves Tannadice a better keeper than when he arrived, with best wishes from us all and would be welcome back any time.   

My point was, he’s not going to leave you to come to us on less money. In other words, his only ‘beef’ with Utd was that he wants to move to a bigger club for more money.

3 hours ago, Linky said:

Well the whole “no signings until Callum is back from his holiday” thing seems to have been true. Meanwhile, rivals like Livi have signed 4 players already.

This is exactly what happened last season. Signs were there for what the season might hold, just about every other club had strengthened their squad much earlier and they didn't even have European football to plan for. 

You expect your big teams announcing signings early on but when those around you, Livi, St Mirren etc start strengthening and no business is done at McD it's a worrying sign.

12 hours ago, Linky said:

Well the whole “no signings until Callum is back from his holiday” thing seems to have been true. Meanwhile, rivals like Livi have signed 4 players already.

Don't worry some here say with modern technology he will be working while on holiday with the powers at be to ensure his identified targets are being persuade. But like every other season I with you we will be at the cows tail picking up what is left and others rejects

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Don't worry some here say with modern technology he will be working while on holiday with the powers at be to ensure his identified targets are being persuade. But like every other season I with you we will be at the cows tail picking up what is left and others rejects

He has been working while on his holiday. He secured Parish for another year. 

40 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

I've not seen any of our rivals sign a decent player yet.

I’d be quite happy with Goncalves. Livi have signed a few other top flight players from abroad that might turn out good. At least they are proactive.

18 minutes ago, Linky said:

I’d be quite happy with Goncalves. Livi have signed a few other top flight players from abroad that might turn out good. At least they are proactive.

Goncalves has wandered round the world for 3 years. He'll be their Ciftci. They've signed squad fillers..one things Saints definitely don't need.

Would you have been happy if we'd signed them?