Ian Flaherty

Mr Dennis Wise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Geoff Brown was good in construction but did that qualify him to run a football club. I feel now people are being negative for the sake of being negative. 

Exactly. It's how the club manages fan relations, merchandising, ticketing as well as results on the pitch that need to be evaluated.

42 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

https://twitter.com/StJohnstone/status/1562832953545089025

Ian Flaherty SaintsTV interview coming this evening at 5.30pm

Decent enough interview - doesn't look comfortable in front of the camera. I wonder how much of this was planned and how much is a reaction to what's been going on this week

• 4 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 8:43 AM, Mr Dennis Wise said:

Ex pro player and manager at pyramid level. Long standing director at multi pound company....a unique mix. 

Saints fan..... ex scone thistle player!

Don't know him , never met him, but that background is not so easy to find in perth

On 7/22/2022 at 10:30 PM, Mr Dennis Wise said:

Who is he and what qualifies him to be running our club? 

Well publicised at the time of his appointment.

Assistant to Gary Bollan at Cowdenbeath and Forfar.

If your desperate to find out you can always Google it.

Hope that helps.

10 hours ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

Well publicised at the time of his appointment.

Assistant to Gary Bollan at Cowdenbeath and Forfar.

If your desperate to find out you can always Google it.

Hope that helps.

Tbf if thats all his qualifications then that makes it worse.

We're an established top flight club, the 2nd most successful in the country in the past decade, with a turnover of £8m, and we're being run by someone whos football experience seems limited to lower league first team management.

Although is Gus MacPherson still at the club?

Sure hes meant to run the football side and Flaherty the other side?

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Tbf if thats all his qualifications then that makes it worse.

We're an established top flight club, the 2nd most successful in the country in the past decade, with a turnover of £8m, and we're being run by someone whos football experience seems limited to lower league first team management.

Although is Gus MacPherson still at the club?

Sure hes meant to run the football side and Flaherty the other side?

Forgot about McPherson. Either he is away or keeping a very low profile.

What was his job again ?.

I know that there is plenty wrong with this whole episode and (over a longer period of time) Saints' inadequacies in fan engagement, but I do think we should give Flaherty credit for phoning fans individually. I dont think many people would do that - he must know that he isn't going to persuade anyone to change their mind, but I think it shows some integrity to actually pick up the phone and have that conversation directly.

22 minutes ago, Dooj said:

I know that there is plenty wrong with this whole episode and (over a longer period of time) Saints' inadequacies in fan engagement, but I do think we should give Flaherty credit for phoning fans individually. I dont think many people would do that - he must know that he isn't going to persuade anyone to change their mind, but I think it shows some integrity to actually pick up the phone and have that conversation directly.

The cynic in me wonders if the phone call approach is to avoid having any of his words in writing which fans would inevitably share on social media and on sites like this one (as we've seen happen this week).

That aside, I do agree with you to an extent and the individual phonecalls and emails can be a nice touch if done well, but in a situation like this one there really needs to be communication with the fanbase as a whole.

It actually beggars belief that the club's approach to this situation appears to be to say absolutely nothing about it publicly. I don't know if that's a Flaherty decision or a Guidi decision or a Brown decision but I do think it's a very bad decision.

Is this the first Saints home fan boycott in history? That's a pretty big deal, and the club needs to be taking that seriously.