Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Draw for fourth round being held after after Ayr v Pollock game tonight.

Hope we don't get an away tie to one of the 3 or 4 junior teams stil in draw. Mind you I don't suppose their pitches are any worse than ours .

Away draw to a junior side would give the manager an opportunity to try his back five formation against non league opposition

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Draw for fourth round being held after after Ayr v Pollock game tonight.

Hope we don't get an away tie to one of the 3 or 4 junior teams stil in draw. Mind you I don't suppose their pitches are any worse than ours .

Not what you want going by Alan Mayburys comments. Knowing you are a bit of a pedant  so not sure if there are any JUNIOR teams involved there are a few East or West of Scotland league teams though :laugh:

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Not what you want going by Alan Mayburys comments. Knowing you are a bit of a pedant  so not sure if there are any JUNIOR teams involved there are a few East or West of Scotland league teams though :laugh:

They will always be juniors to me.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

If we don't do that we'll have an empty stadium. Might as well fill it up a bit and make some money.

Yeah but we share the gate and lots of Saints fans stay away when OF come to town, lots of Saints fans don't get tickets because sale is closed once OF use their allocation. We may see more Saints fans turn up if the ground isn't overtaken by Hnuns. St Mirren restricted OF fans and beat Celtic and would have beat Rangers but for the usual last minute penalty.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Yeah but we share the gate and lots of Saints fans stay away when OF come to town, lots of Saints fans don't get tickets because sale is closed once OF use their allocation. We may see more Saints fans turn up if the ground isn't overtaken by Hnuns. St Mirren restricted OF fans and beat Celtic and would have beat Rangers but for the usual last minute penalty.

I don't think you'd see more Saints fans turn up, regardless of arrangements. Even for league games there are a lot of season ticket holders who don't bother going to these matches. Presumably for this one season tickets won't be valid, so you'll see even fewer regulars turn up than usual. And if the game's shown on TV (which I guess there's a decent chance of) then the number will be even lower.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we'd be close to a lowest ever home support against Rangers for this one.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we'd be close to a lowest ever home support against Rangers for this one.

This went through my mind last night as well. Suppose it depends what day/time kick off is moved to. Will probably help us, in regards of attendance, that the game will be on Viaplay and not the BBC

On 11/29/2022 at 4:00 PM, PSJ.84 said:

This went through my mind last night as well. Suppose it depends what day/time kick off is moved to. Will probably help us, in regards of attendance, that the game will be on Viaplay and not the BBC

I think both games involving the OF will be on Viaplay as I think they usually have the pick of games. I think BBC have Darvil Aberdeen game.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think both games involving the OF will be on Viaplay as I think they usually have the pick of games. I think BBC have Darvil Aberdeen game.

Yeah that’s exactly what’ll happen. BBC will take the Edinburgh derby as well, should Viaplay not take it of course. Probably one of the easier TV picks to predict in recent times

Rangers are a mess. Cant imagine the turmoil they have with new managers coming in and out with new ideas and change.

We just beat them, so we believe again, thats 90% of it for us. Their one world cup player has zero minutes, so we beat them at that as well.

Quite like this draw in an odd way, nothing to lose for us.

• 2 weeks later...