Steve Brown Standing Down

Bruno Strasser

On 4/12/2023 at 8:52 AM, blueheaven said:

There's plenty of people with money in Perthshire/Tayside, but as you say I'm not sure many of them would have an interest in taking on a football club.

There's an interesting look at the local rich list here (albeit from 2019): https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/dundee/2543690/revealed-scotland-rich-list-2019-includes-eight-in-tayside-with-wealth-of-5-2bn/#:~:text=Top of the Tayside and,Bridge of Allan in Perthshire.

FWIW from what I've heard there has been some serious interest in the club, but I've no idea where from.

That rich list is great, shows the money in the area. Money can sort lots of things out, which the Browns will never put in. I suppose now is the time to seek that investment, running a club is not exactly getting cheaper.

But who would be daft enough to buy saints/any football club. Always seems like it's the basket cases who do.

On 4/14/2023 at 1:07 PM, sixties saintee said:

Snap.

Snap me to, and a wee story to that my auld man's boss gave him his car to come and get me it was a left hand drive and I almost crapped myself anytime we passed another vehicle🙄

Edited by john.w

On 4/14/2023 at 1:21 PM, TheMarkChristie said:

In the past 6 months 

Glasgow Clan Ice Hockey and Caledonia Gladiators (Glasgow Rocks)

both minority sports have been purchased for over £1,000,000 so there is money out there to run it correctly 

Both sold for lower than you'd think (and stated) but with the promise of investment.