Rangers V St.Johnstone 28th January

SaintJet

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

... and, yet again, it's all happening without a word of explanation from the club. And this is coming less than two weeks after the chairman claimed feedback surrounding the Rangers game would be taken into account in future. 

They've been caught breaking ticketing rules and not only is that a massive embarrassment but they've now decided their solution is to over-charge their home support.

That expression is basically meaningless though and just used to fob off criticism by looking like people's views are being treated seriously when they're actually not. It's standard PR little pat on the head stuff. 'We took the fan's feedback into account but decided to ignore it as per usual and just set the price we were always going to'. 

20 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64450420

Stuart Dougal a pal with Willie?

What a load of contradictory pish from Dougal. Aside from the Ibrox fiasco what's this "needs to get a feel for the game"? He said just minutes earlier each decision has to be made in isolation (I'm paraphrasing but that's what he meant)

As for his instance that the height of Clark's foot was the determining factor, I'd like his explanation for what danger Jack was in. There was no force.

Real insight into the quality and judgement of the officials we have at this level of our game. 

14 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

What a load of contradictory pish from Dougal. Aside from the Ibrox fiasco what's this "needs to get a feel for the game"? He said just minutes earlier each decision has to be made in isolation (I'm paraphrasing but that's what he meant)

As for his instance that the height of Clark's foot was the determining factor, I'd like his explanation for what danger Jack was in. There was no force.

Real insight into the quality and judgement of the officials we have at this level of our game. 

Hopefully he isn't on the panel for appeals! 

17 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

The head of VAR for Scotland is ex ref Kenny Clark. If anyone remembers him, he was the most arrogant referee of all time and he was never wrong and treated the players like wee laddies.

I heard him on Radio Scotland justifying all the decisions and I can report that his time away has not changed him.; he is still an arrogant bar steward and it's a real insight in to how our referee system is a closed shop. Basically like it or lump it - we ( the refs) are always right!

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

The head of VAR for Scotland is ex ref Kenny Clark. If anyone remembers him, he was the most arrogant referee of all time and he was never wrong and treated the players like wee laddies.

I heard him on Radio Scotland justifying all the decisions and I can report that his time away has not changed him.; he is still an arrogant bar steward and it's a real insight in to how our referee system is a closed shop. Basically like it or lump it - we ( the refs) are always right!

We need someone like Howard Webb or that old Italian Guy with the bulging eyes. Both were well respected and have senior positions in Refereeing circles these days. Sadly we are left.with Muppets!

27 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

We need someone like Howard Webb or that old Italian Guy with the bulging eyes. Both were well respected and have senior positions in Refereeing circles these days. Sadly we are left.with Muppets!

Your spot on but our association would never allow that. 

No one in England likes VAR but at least they know how to use it even if now and again there is the odd controversey.

VAR will be binned when someone screws up during an old firm title decider one year.

4 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Mark Clatterburg just got a death threat in Egypt and left his post as head of the refs gig over there....

3 hours ago, MySpazz said:

VAR is great until it starts being about VAR and in that case we should have just stuck with the Ref's and not the added expense, cos we are now arguing about VAR where we argued solely about Refs.

Problem is not VAR it's the refs.

Same as it ever was. And always will be. We supporters of small teams will feel robbed...and quite often we are. Does not stop the Rangers fans in particular thinking THEY are the ones that are hard done by and they should get even more penalties. The toxic mix of having persecution and superiority complexes at the same time....

There was an old top referee lived up in Letham. He did top matches, including finals, way back come 70 years ago. Had many a tale to tell and it was great listening to him and seeing his collection of very old programmes, and sure enough there was his name on some of them.

He reckoned it would never change, but it has and rather for the better, the bias was even worse back then. His claim was that over half the referees taken off the top list at that time were removed...in his words...'at the express request of Glasgow Rangers'. Speaks for itself...if were not for them you were deemed to be against them.

Its not only Rangers of course...I remember a match at old Muirton where we were up against Celtic and the most one eyed refereeing display I ever saw...they were physical and crude up against us until the diminutive Kenny Aird just lost the plot at the treatment he was getting without intervention...ran quite some distance, left off the deck, and barging right into the back of George Connolly.....he had been getting kicked up in the air all match.....cannot actually remember the consequences but for sure he was then the one in the wrong.

Make me sound a lot older than I am but remember these thing very well...and not just against us

1 hour ago, south inch said:

I assume Clark can play against Motherwell.  His appeal should be upheld but if not not so bothered if he can't play against Celtic, they are second only to Sevco so far as referee bias is concerned.

I am not confident the appeal would be upheld. Would be for OF teams but can't see them going against the decision of our top referees.

35 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Appeal hearing tomorrow morning. Not sure where that’ll leave us in relation to tomorrow night, assuming if it’s upheld it’d be too short notice for him to be suspended 

325F75E9-72ED-4FBC-B0D1-915CCE06F70E.jpeg

I think he already is suspended and we're trying to get it lifted. I'm amazed it's being done so quickly though.

7 minutes ago, Sergei said:

I think he already is suspended and we're trying to get it lifted. I'm amazed it's being done so quickly though.

Could be wrong but fairly sure the suspensions are dropped until the appeals panel come to their decision, for instance if the hearing was Thursday morning he’d definitely be available tomorrow night. Jason Holt picked up a red card for Livi on Xmas eve, they appealed and he was available for their next match