Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

I like the look of this one a lot.

Interesting read about his history on this Burnley forum, https://forum.ybig.ie/dara-costelloe_topic58385_page1.html  , seems like he's played at a pretty high level util quite recently, but then had a rough loan move. Could be good signing for us and hopefully him to find his confidence again.

Few more of these please.

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I like the look of this one a lot.

Interesting read about his history on this Burnley forum, https://forum.ybig.ie/dara-costelloe_topic58385_page1.html  , seems like he's played at a pretty high level util quite recently, but then had a rough loan move. Could be good signing for us and hopefully him to find his confidence again.

Few more of these please.

Looks like a decent signing if Burnley have given him a new contract last month.

2 Premiership clubs, as well as 3rd and 4th tier clubs in England, apparently looking at Morton's veteran Robbie Crawford, who appears to be scoring for fun. 

Could we be one of the two clubs? Might he just be on Macca's radar? 

Oh, and he is a attacking midfielder. 

Edited by Saintdunc

33 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

2 Premiership clubs, as well as 3rd and 4th tier clubs in England, apparently looking at Morton's veteran Robbie Crawford, who appears to be scoring for fun. 

Could we be one of the two clubs? Might he just be on Macca's radar? 

Oh, and he is an attacking midfielder. 

Agent talk 

18 minutes ago, Maskrey said:

Wright, Clark or Kane are not going to change anything for us.  This guy has starts for their first team and he is here for game time.

I agree, dug into this a bit and I think Burnley truly like this fella and want to devlop him. Last year though, he had a tough loan spell, so hopefully we can give him an opportunity to shine and give him some confidence and he to help bolster ours.

Some of this will depend on saints environment, which could get ugly if we see no improvement.

I feel we need a few more signings, quickly.

10 hours ago, Linky said:

I can't figure out if he's a striker of left winger. Both have been suggested. Is he pushing May for a place, or Carey?

Sounds like he can do a job in a few different attacking positions, which should be good for us. Could play wide left in the Carey role, or maybe as a striker partner to May/Jephcott? 

Seems he had a pretty tough time of it at Bradford but on paper (like so many of the signings so far) he looks like he could be a promising one. At the very, very least he's being described as having pace so even that quality alone should make him useful for us.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Sounds like he can do a job in a few different attacking positions, which should be good for us. Could play wide left in the Carey role, or maybe as a striker partner to May/Jephcott? 

Seems he had a pretty tough time of it at Bradford but on paper (like so many of the signings so far) he looks like he could be a promising one. At the very, very least he's being described as having pace so even that quality alone should make him useful for us.

Adam Morgan ???.

2 hours ago, Maskrey said:

Wright, Clark or Kane are not going to change anything for us.  This guy has starts for their first team and he is here for game time.

Hes here for game time but i struggle to see any proof at all hes "much higher quality" than any of Wright, Kane or Clark.

He struggled in League Two with Bradford last season and thats his only senior experience. I wouldnt be thinking his game time for Burnley is anything more than rewarding someone doing well in the youth set up as an example.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes here for game time but i struggle to see any proof at all hes "much higher quality" than any of Wright, Kane or Clark.

He struggled in League Two with Bradford last season and thats his only senior experience. I wouldnt be thinking his game time for Burnley is anything more than rewarding someone doing well in the youth set up as an example.

In that scenario, where he 'failed' to progress from youth system/u23's to 1st team championship, was loaned out, why wouldn't Burnley have dropped him completely. They are now premiership and by that reckoning, it's now extremely unlikely he plays for them again.

Genuine question here, not trying to over engineer a happy clapper event. 

Reading Burnley forums from just 18 months ago, genuine hope for him to progress after doing well in under 23s. Bradford read like a shit show, but maybe other factors there.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

What about him?

Adam Morgan bummed up to be the next Liverpool wonder striker who couldn't kick his own arse ,mind you not many can.

Has to be one of the worst loanees we ever had unless anyone can top him.

Just saying ,  Dara looks good on initial viewing but all that glisters isn't goals.