Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

If we can add Olufunwa our defensive numbers will finally be starting to look a bit healthier. That'll mean we'll have Gordon, Considine, McClelland, Olufunwa, McGowan and Brown, and at a push also Booth, who are all able to do a turn in central defence.

Assume the next priority is a winger?

Ryan McGowan shouldn’t be considered as a centre half option in my opinion.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

He certainly isn't who I'd want to have playing there but I'd still pick him in defence ahead of Considine.

All the fantastic centre backs over the recent years.. Sergei Baltacha, Jim Weir, Kevin McGowne, Alan Kernaghan, Danny Griffin, Michael Duberry, Frazer Wright, Steven Anderson, Jason Kerr…..

Andy Considine and Ryan McGowan

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

22 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

All the fantastic centre backs over the recent years.. Sergei Baltacha, Jim Weir, Kevin McGowne, Alan Kernaghan, Danny Griffin, Michael Duberry, Frazer Wright, Steven Anderson, Jason Kerr…..

Andy Considine and Ryan McGowan

Aye we've had some crackers over the years and they were the lynchpins of our most successful teams.Chronic CBs make for a chronic team

13 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Sadly I think this list of players really reflects how much more ambition the club once had. Looking at these guys (other than Griffin, Anderson and Kerr who came to the club as youngsters), they were all brought here as a result of the board at the time pushing the boat out to various extents to back their manager and sign good players from an equivalent or higher level. If Macca was to try to sign today's equivalents of any of those players, I suspect he'd be unsuccessful.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes the sort of profile we want.

20s, has senior experience, has shown ability in the past.

He'll either flop or succeed but its the kind of transfer gamble thats sensible to take. You never know why people have struggled elsewhere.

If they had a manager like Davidson they would hae struggled