Kilmarnock v Saints 20.5.23

slf

14 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Aye experience. Look at Considine and his "impact". 

Two reds. 

Two OGs.

Two penalties. 

You missed the hand ball that we got away with. Against.. Killie!

I think your being a bit uncharitable but it's hard to argue with the facts. He does have a wealth of experience and it's good to have an old head back there but I think sometime he's muddied the water.

34 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Has Macca just done for Killie what Goodwin did for us a couple of weeks ago?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-bites-back-steven-30014701

No, he hasn't. It's utter bollocks from journos trying to make something out of nothing. When you read the actual quotes there is nothing in them. Del doesn't 'bite back' at all.

If anything that those managers said has any impact on the motivation of the players on either side then I would be amazed.

Macca's comments don't bother me at all. As he has said before in the past "I am a winner"- if you look at elite sportsmen they are extremely positive and will often speak in that manner. Let's find out if he is in fact a winner when it comes to football coaching.

If those sorts of comments are enough to make the players minds/confidence crumble, then it would happen anyway.

It could be seen as huge confidence in the players. I would rather a manager believed in me and put positive pressure on me.

6 hours ago, Dooj said:

No, he hasn't. It's utter bollocks from journos trying to make something out of nothing. When you read the actual quotes there is nothing in them.

MacLeans comments -

Ahead of the game MacLean gave some direct answers to reporters, he said: "We will be in the Premiership. We will go to Kilmarnock and we are going to win the game, simple as that and what will be after that will be."

4 minutes ago, slf said:

Relegation game

We need three points in this game, anything other then 3 points keeps the teams below us in the hunt still to jump us, if we get three points that’s a very good jump on Killie at least.

COYS

19 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

MacLeans comments -

Ahead of the game MacLean gave some direct answers to reporters, he said: "We will be in the Premiership. We will go to Kilmarnock and we are going to win the game, simple as that and what will be after that will be."

We will go to x and we are going to (x to) win the game.

Sounds ok, not disrespectful to the opposition.

All this chat about the impossible task of going to Rugby Park with their incredible home record. Arguably our away record nullifies that…Bigger concerns is how disgustingly poor we were in patches against Motherwell.

Kilmarnock home from table(8th):

IMG_1402.jpeg

St.Johnstone away form table(4th):

IMG_1403.jpeg

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz