Kilmarnock v Saints 20.5.23

slf

Obviously great to confirm survival. MacLean deserves a lot of credit as I doubt CD would have changed the system and I am not convinced he would have managed the same results/points.

Now onto the build for next season. Good to have a couple of games where the likes of Ballantyne can get game time to show if he's got the ability to stay at this level.

Doubt we will see Matthews back, so Sinclair in goals to see how he gets on as well.

It will be an interesting summer.

6 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

It is a big ask but none of the senior players have been stepping up so Iā€™m pleased heā€™s getting a shout today

Good to see Ballantyne getting a start and BBC saying he was MoM. He would never have got a start under Davidson.

Fair play to Macca. It's hard to believe he has sat beside Davidson for a couple of seasons and was unable to change Davidson's tactic just a wee bit.

Looked like a good away crowd . Well done to all who made that horrible trip.

Good to see Cammy Ballantyne get a game. Macca may have been forced into it by injuries but he was willing to take a chance. Was it really taking a chance as the guy is 23 and as he said it's been a long time coming. He has been loaned out to Montrose for the last couple of seasons. He was well liked at Montrose and it was probably no surprise that they imploded a bit when Davidson brought him back in January to sit in the stand.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Good to see Cammy Ballantyne get a game. Macca may have been forced into it by injuries but he was willing to take a chance. Was it really taking a chance as the guy is 23 and as he said it's been a long time coming. He has been loaned out to Montrose for the last couple of seasons. He was well liked at Montrose and it was probably no surprise that they imploded a bit when Davidson brought him back in January to sit in the stand.

Think you've said it all Cagey.

If you look back the forum you'll see I was singing the praises of Ballantyne and McCann when in the Youth team.

Cammy has taken a slightly longer route to develop.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

I'd love to know what the reasoning was behind recalling him from Montrose, when it seemed Davidson had no intention of using him. Just one of many bizarre decisions we'll never get to the bottom of, I suppose.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'd love to know what the reasoning was behind recalling him from Montrose, when it seemed Davidson had no intention of using him. Just one of many bizarre decisions we'll never get to the bottom of, I suppose.

Was it a combo of injuries and maybe seeing something in him that CD didnā€™t?

Hopefully he finishes the last two games stronglyĀ