Celtic v Saints, 26 /08/2023

blueheaven

7 hours ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

Good defensive display, apart from allowing O'Reilly to wander into the box unchallenged 3 times to get his shots away.

I thought it was brilliant when he cockily side footed an effort thinking it was going to be a certain goal only for it to be saved.

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Main had a bit too much personality which caused a few silly errors but I doubt we will see a better save at McDiarmid than from that header v Dundee.

Undoubtedly he was a brilliant keeper and produced some amazing saves.We have been  blessed with some great keepers over the years

Thought after that performance that Costelloe might be a good shout for a lone striker in the future.

He's big, 6'4 I think, which would be handy for holding up the ball when a long punt down the pitch is necessary.

He seems to be hard working, young and energetic, so he should have enough in the tank to do the job for a full game.

He's also a got a turn of pace on him and looks like he's not afraid to have a go at goal.

Could be a better option in these kind of games.

I felt we couldn't hold on to, or do anything with the ball when we did manage to get it early on, so he might be a better option for the role.

4 hours ago, Gekko said:

Thought after that performance that Costelloe might be a good shout for a lone striker in the future.

He's big, 6'4 I think, which would be handy for holding up the ball when a long punt down the pitch is necessary.

He seems to be hard working, young and energetic, so he should have enough in the tank to do the job for a full game.

He's also a got a turn of pace on him and looks like he's not afraid to have a go at goal.

Could be a better option in these kind of games.

I felt we couldn't hold on to, or do anything with the ball when we did manage to get it early on, so he might be a better option for the role.

Wonder if the rumours Clark can go are true because Maclean thinks the same?

17 hours ago, Gekko said:

Is he really 6'4? Everything I can find online about his height says 175cm, which I think is more like 5'8?

8 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Is he really 6'4? Everything I can find online about his height says 175cm, which I think is more like 5'8?

Yeah, just had a quick check and that seems to be right.

I've no idea where I got the 6'4 from, maybe one of the other new signings?

He did look much taller than 5'8 at the weekend.

Anyway, I still think he'd do a good job up there on his own. He seems to have all the attributes for it.

Apart from his height of course...

"Big" George Tulloch

Bryn Halliwell

Mark Paston

Many others I can think of, but one that sticks in my memory, even though I can't remember his name, was the reserve keeper when Sturrock took over 

He was an Irish boy and had an Irish sounding name, funnily enough, but apparently, when seeing the squad for the first time and being completely unimpressed with this lad, Sturrock said to Geoff...

"Who is that?...And why on earth is he being allowed to wear a goalkeeper's jersey."

To which Geoff said, "That's what you've got to work with, get on with it."

Needless to say the boy never got a game and was out the door quickly.

Edited by Gekko

51 minutes ago, Gekko said:

"Big" George Tulloch

Bryn Halliwell

Mark Paston

Many others I can think of, but one that sticks in my memory, even though I can't remember his name, was the reserve keeper when Sturrock took over 

He was an Irish boy and had an Irish sounding name, funnily enough, but apparently, when seeing the squad for the first time and being completely unimpressed with this lad, Sturrock said to Geoff...

"Who is that?...And why on earth is he being allowed to wear a goalkeeper's jersey."

To which Geoff said, "That's what you've got to work with, get on with it."

Needless to say the boy never got a game and was out the door quickly.

John Donegan ?

Dammit, beaten to it!!  🤣

Edited by Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II