Saints v Livingston, 30/09/2023

blueheaven

On 9/29/2023 at 7:29 AM, RandomGuy said:

The worst possible side for us to face at this moment, IMO. Purely for the fact folk still look down on Livingston so will be expecting to win, when the reality is theyre a much better side that that, so expectations will already be higher than reality headed into the fixture.

Not a clue of our strongest set up. Mitov, Considine, Sprangler, Wright and Kane are all must starts as it stands and if theyre fit, then you build around that.

Livingston can play a narrow front three in their set up if the game allows it, so id be heavily against a back 3 against them.

Gallacher v Robinson feels like youre just deciding between the same player. Brown v Olufunwa youre just picking who Nouble will dominate, i think id go with Olufunwa though. Gordon v McClelland id go with Gordon as itll like be Bruce Anderson they face, and i dont think McClellands agile enough to deal with him.

So

Mitov

Olufunwa - Gordon - Considine - Robinson

Wright - Sprangler

Kane

.. as a starting point.

Left wing the next decision and probably the hardest?

Costelloe has the pace but seems to be struggling. Carey has the ability but lets himself down. Max id be interested to see play there tbh. Could you have him or Turner-Cooke and May sort of rotating there in an offset way? May drifts left anyway. I want to see more of Turner-Cooke.

Mitov

Wright - Sprangler - ? - Turner-Cooke

Kane - May

... is where i get to. Then you pick your last CM.

MacPherson is a no, Franczak for me is a no. So Smith or Phillips, which i think id go for Smith. Both wasteful in possession but Smith seems less likely to be sent off, so aye.

Mitov

Wright - Sprangler - Smith - Turner-Cooke

Kane - May

With the idea May can become a left winger if/when needed and we can go 4-3-3 is where i end up just now.

With the height of the Livingston team , there has to be a place for Ryan McGowan . Perfectly suited to this kind of game , in both boxes

18 minutes ago, Nobodyshero said:

With the height of the Livingston team , there has to be a place for Ryan McGowan . Perfectly suited to this kind of game , in both boxes

Right back feels a good fit but i think MacLeans a bit pig headed so will wont want to return to those he transfer listed this quickly.

36 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

lets not do this

carey swinging endless crosses into lone striker may

Carey is said to have a lethal left foot. Have yet to see it , his corners and free kicks are diabolical and I think he has only found the net once in all the time he has been here.

11 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Carey is said to have a lethal left foot. Have yet to see it , his corners and free kicks are diabolical and I think he has only found the net once in all the time he has been here.

I struggle with him all round. If he's our creative guy, then why keep doing the same thing over and over....do something different. His crosses are not all bad but he knows its just May etc so pointless. 

Must do something different today, across the board.

27 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I struggle with him all round. If he's our creative guy, then why keep doing the same thing over and over....do something different. His crosses are not all bad but he knows its just May etc so pointless. 

Must do something different today, across the board.

So is that Carey's fault or Mays? Serious question. Of the few matches I've seen so far this season, May seems to spend much of his time elsewhere other than in the box. Max up front with May might be worth a go.   

1 hour ago, Indicator said:

So is that Carey's fault or Mays? Serious question. Of the few matches I've seen so far this season, May seems to spend much of his time elsewhere other than in the box. Max up front with May might be worth a go.   

I am no fan of Carey but apart from being wasteful on the ball, I actually think he offers something going forward - even if his balls into the box are a bit “well that’s where I’m putting it and if your not doing there then that’s your problem”… but it’s defensively and in a shape that I have a MASSIVE problem with Carey. His positioning and defensive abilities are so poor it’s like defending with 10 men.