WHO IS NEXT IN THE HOT SEAT..

GOB10

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

When asked if he was putting his hat in the ring Clellend said I was asked to do this game and it's up to the directors to choose the right man. I will talk to Gus when I come in on Friday. So Gus does do something.

We made this exact mistake with MacLean.. won a game and got the job.. we cant do that again. I have zero interest in clellend getting the job. 

41 minutes ago, GOB10 said:

We made this exact mistake with MacLean.. won a game and got the job.. we cant do that again. I have zero interest in clellend getting the job. 

Agree completley. I like Cleland and he deserves a place among the coaches going forward but we need to bring in  a new face.

It was clear that McLean had issues with certain players, we'll never know if he had man management skills or not but there had to be some push back. The team I watched last night have a lot to offer and if there treated like proffesionals and offered help they can do a job for us.

Let's get a new man in and that win last night will encourage some perspective managers that they can do job here in the top league.

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

No ****in way. The man's a clown and Amy Irons takes the piss out of him on Sacked in the Morning.

He has forgotten more about football than Irons will ever know.  Turning noses up at a man of his experience is laughable.  We are a tiny team in a backwater league, just what calibre of manager do you expect us to attract? It will either be an ex player with little experience or someone with loads of experience but who’s had a few knocks. 

3 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

That's a pathetic outlook to have on the club you supposedly support!

Not pathetic at all, it is the reality and some need to take a reality check.  Just because I support the team it doesn’t mean I need to ignore the facts and live in cloud cuckoo land.

1 hour ago, dave mc said:

Alan Mannus retires tonight, and says Stephen Bradley is the best manager he’s ever played for, some accolade considering we thought Tommy Wright  was top man. A wee curveball for the hat? 🤷‍♂️

Noticed that as well. Has won the league four times in a row for Shamrock Rovers, two cups and had them in the Europa Conference League last season. Previously played in Scotland and has a good track record of selling younger players on for a profit as well. Seems to embrace the modern elements of football as well in relation to stats and sports science. 

Sounding like Levein is going to be the man for the job though.......

11 hours ago, Maskrey said:

He has forgotten more about football than Irons will ever know.  Turning noses up at a man of his experience is laughable.  We are a tiny team in a backwater league, just what calibre of manager do you expect us to attract? It will either be an ex player with little experience or someone with loads of experience but who’s had a few knocks. 

My view may be tainted by my visit to Prague in 2010 when we had to watch his team set up 4-6-0 against a team that wasn't doing that well because he watched Rubin Kazan get a result against Barcelona using that system. As I say clown in more ways than 1.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Pull it off? 

He's had one managerial job in the past 11 years and he hired himself for that one, i doubt hes very in demand.

If it's him he knows the game back to front and is still well respected. He'll command respect from a relatively young squad of players and won't take any cr*p.

All of my Utd colleagues have told me they would take him back in a heartbeat.

I'm hoping it's him.

If Levein I'd hope for a short-term deal until end of season to allow the sale of the club and the new owners time to search for the manager of the future.  Not sure his work at Hearts says he's good for our job.

Stephen Bradley seems worth a shout, but would he move?  Leam Richardson?  

Whoever they need to find a backroom which instils confidence in the players and doesn't ostracise them when they make mistakes or have a different point of view.  Could we mend fences with some of the players who fell out under the Davidson/Mclean regime?  Mahon Cleary would be more than capable of replacing Gordon and Considine.  The backups we have don't seem to have had the confidence of the management.  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Pull it off? 

He's had one managerial job in the past 11 years and he hired himself for that one, i doubt hes very in demand.

His knowhow hasn't managed to get Brechin out of Highland league for 3 or 4 seasons. Know he isn't the manager but seems to have some influence.