January Transfer Window

pezza70

Thats a helluva drop for Ballantyne, going from the Premiership to the bottom of League Two in one move. Just shows how hard it can be to get a move and narrow the margins can be between playing in the top league or the bottom one.

Wonder if he'll end up back at Montrose once his contract here is up and he's a free agent.

Updated the squad list posted earlier. Nearly all of our defenders are heading out of contract so some big decisions to be made at the back.

Goalkeepers 

Dave Richards - 2024 - on loan from Crewe Alexandria 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Dimitar Mitov - 2025

Ross Sinclair - 2026

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2024 - free to leave 

Ryan McGowan - 2024 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Kerr Smith - 2024 - on loan from Aston Villa

Andy Considine - 2024

Liam Parker - 2024 - on loan at Edinburgh City

Callum Booth - 2024  - on loan at Spartans 

Luke Robinson - 2024 - on loan from Wigan

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Olusadare Olufunwa - 2025

David Keltjens - 2025

Sam McClelland - 2025 - on loan at Dundee United

Midfielders/wingers

Drey Wright - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Ali Crawford - 2024

Graham Carey - 2024

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 - on loan at Clyde

Sven Sprangler - 2025

Connor Smith - 2025

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025

Matt Smith - 2025

Alex Ferguson - 2025 - on loan at Queen of the South

Attackers

Diallang Jaiyesimi - 2024 - on loan from Charlton Atheltic

Chris Kane - 2024 

Taylor Steven - 2024 - on loan at Alloa Athletic

Stevie May - 2025

Nicky Clark - 2025

Benjamin Kimpioka - 2025

Adama Sidibeh - 2026

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

James Brown has gone to Raith on loan for the rest of the season.

Good luck and hope he does well. Thought he got mucked about being asked to play LWB when he is not even a RWB. Tbought he did a job for us in  back thre e when required but this season his confidence is shot.

1 hour ago, Setting Son said:

Another legend out the door without a testimonial. **** is going on 🤷‍♂️

Does the extention not take him up to 10 years . If he goes it will be on loan I would have thought.

May not even on bench on Sunday so I hope he gets a big to end of season and then a decent move.

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

So we gave Kane a new contract in December why?

Just laughably bad decision-making.

Its not as though we signed him up to a 3 year deal and then have punted him a few weeks later. The deal was only until the end of the season. Levein evidently wanted him around in case he was not able to bring in any of his own players, but now he has managed to get in Benji and Sidibeh it is evident that Kane wont be a guaranteed starter.

Perhaps Kane has told Levein he wants away. He has played very little football in the past two years and needs to be playing regularly at the stage of his career. 

56 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Chris Kane confirmed away to the Pars on loan till the summer.

Good luck Kano. Dunfermline badly in need of  a striker.

Kano not a big goal scorer for us but has proved in the lower leagues in the past he can score.

37 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Perhaps Kane has told Levein he wants away. He has played very little football in the past two years and needs to be playing regularly at the stage of his career. 

By all accounts Kanes desperate to stay here as long as it can, even if it means a pay cut. Im not sure hes been loaned out willingly here, but i guess his St Johnstone career is now over regardless. 

Suspect May will get the cold shoulder due to rejecting loan moves, and will be forced out in the Summer too 

On 2/12/2024 at 1:03 PM, Cagey said:

Does the extention not take him up to 10 years . If he goes it will be on loan I would have thought.

May not even on bench on Sunday so I hope he gets a big to end of season and then a decent move.

Not even gave testimonials to guys that have already left . Still nothing for the cup double for the fans . We did have the picture with the cups though but that was more about trying to sell a book . 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

By all accounts Kanes desperate to stay here as long as it can, even if it means a pay cut. Im not sure hes been loaned out willingly here, but i guess his St Johnstone career is now over regardless. 

Suspect May will get the cold shoulder due to rejecting loan moves, and will be forced out in the Summer too 

I don't think that's the end of the world to be honest.

I have watched both since they were coming through our youth teams and they have both been fantastic servants to the clubs. Both are quite rightly viewed as legends due to what they have achieved, but I can see Leveins logic. Chris Kane turns 30 this year whilst Stevie May turns 32. Its evident that we are cutting costs and both will be amongst our highest earners. Kane has hardly kicked a ball in two years whilst May has only scored one goal this season.

I do think that both could have offered us something between now and the end of the season and think they are both better options that Jaiyesimi, but its clear that our three main strikers are now Sidibeh, Kimpioka and Clark.

I was really encouraged by both Kimpioka and Sidibeh on Sunday. Its a big step up in standards for Sidibeh but he hasn't looked out of place so far.

1 minute ago, Aitchy said:

I don't think that's the end of the world to be honest.

I have watched both since they were coming through our youth teams and they have both been fantastic servants to the clubs. Both are quite rightly viewed as legends due to what they have achieved, but I can see Leveins logic. Chris Kane turns 30 this year whilst Stevie May turns 32. Its evident that we are cutting costs and both will be amongst our highest earners. Kane has hardly kicked a ball in two years whilst May has only scored one goal this season.

I do think that both could have offered us something between now and the end of the season and think they are both better options that Jaiyesimi, but its clear that our three main strikers are now Sidibeh, Kimpioka and Clark.

I was really encouraged by both Kimpioka and Sidibeh on Sunday. Its a big step up in standards for Sidibeh but he hasn't looked out of place so far.

I’m really encouraged by the new guys as well ,but if we’re not planning on getting over the half way line I cant see Stevie May’s goal tally this season being beaten 

7 minutes ago, Setting Son said:

Not even gave testimonials to guys that have already left . Still nothing for the cup double for the fans . We did have the picture with the cups though but that was more about trying to sell a book . 

You do understand how testimonials work I assume?   Clubs give approval to players to receive a testimonial but they play no part in the organisation of one.  Normally fans get together and form a Committee which then arrange events etc as part of a testimonial year.  My understanding is if the club is seen to be actively playing a part in the organisation of a testimonial then any money raised for the players becomes liable for tax purposes.   

1 minute ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

You do understand how testimonials work I assume?   Clubs give approval to players to receive a testimonial but they play no part in the organisation of one.  Normally fans get together and form a Committee which then arrange events etc as part of a testimonial year.  My understanding is if the club is seen to be actively playing a part in the organisation of a testimonial then any money raised for the players becomes liable for tax purposes.   

No can you explain 

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

Sidibeh i really like, but less sure on Kimpioka. 

Hes exciting and should cause problems, but hes also one i think will throw in stinkers where hes holding the ball far too long. His actual shooting looks poor too, to me, but not seen enough to be fair.

I guess the question is who do you want up front if we end up in the play offs. Do you think Kimpioka fancies it when getting booted all over Cappielow on a Tuesday night in a struggling side?

Clarks injury history makes me nervous.

Time to move on from these stalwarts and Im happy with this move from Levein. I think Kaner will do great at Dunfermline, have a soft spot for the pars so always wish them well.

Losing Phillips to hearts is sad, love this guy. I hate these early deals, we have phillips playing for us physically, but mentally a jambo.

• 1 month later...