Dundee V St.Johnstone - Tuesday 2nd January

R.B.B:- Adz

5 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Good of Stan to get a few digs in: 

"I'm very frustrated for our supporters who had bought tickets in large numbers who were looking forward to backing the team at Dens Park and I thank them for that," said Saints CEO Stan Harris.

"We were told at 9.30am of a precautionary pitch inspection but were advised that things looked to be promising in terms of the game going ahead and so to find out at 11.30am that the match was off was very disappointing.

"We do understand the problems that waterlogged pitches can cause and that is why we invested over one hundred thousand pounds last summer to improve the drainage on our own playing surface.

"I'd like to thank our ticket office staff who, with it being paper tickets, manually administered the sale of just short of 2,000 tickets."

It was a great statement. Good job.

8 hours ago, Gort said:

The new one will have a retractable roof, like the centre court at Wimbledon. It's in the middle of nowhere though. Can't win them all. 

The retractable roof will be fine so long as the elastic band doesn' t break!

10 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Good of Stan to get a few digs in: 

"I'm very frustrated for our supporters who had bought tickets in large numbers who were looking forward to backing the team at Dens Park and I thank them for that," said Saints CEO Stan Harris.

"We were told at 9.30am of a precautionary pitch inspection but were advised that things looked to be promising in terms of the game going ahead and so to find out at 11.30am that the match was off was very disappointing.

"We do understand the problems that waterlogged pitches can cause and that is why we invested over one hundred thousand pounds last summer to improve the drainage on our own playing surface.

"I'd like to thank our ticket office staff who, with it being paper tickets, manually administered the sale of just short of 2,000 tickets."

McD ticket office staff basically worked during a holiday season to do paper tickets - graft when they would prefer to be off.  (But the dee don't do digital?), then for their two bob ground to turn to mud with a bit of light drizzle. Fk Scumdee

Edited by MySpazz

8 hours ago, MySpazz said:

McD ticket office staff basically worked during a holiday season to do paper tickets - graft when they would prefer to be off.  (But the dee don't do digital?), then for their two bob ground to turn to mud with a bit of light drizzle. Fk Scumdee

The SPFL should be stepping in with stuff like this and insisting fans have the option of digital tickets. All this time-consuming faffing about with posting bits of paper around and telling people they need to be able to collect them by certain places at certain times is just stone age nonsense and inconveniences everyone involved. There's absolutely no reason for it in this era and seems to be completely unique to football.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

The SPFL should be stepping in with stuff like this and insisting fans have the option of digital tickets. All this time-consuming faffing about with posting bits of paper around and telling people they need to be able to collect them by certain places at certain times is just stone age nonsense and inconveniences everyone involved. There's absolutely no reason for it in this era and seems to be completely unique to football.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Surely they can send a link via a text message that when they click on the link it brings up an e ticket, which can be scanned at the turnstiles?

It’s also a paperless ticket so it’s good for the environment too :)

32 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Surely they can send a link via a text message that when they click on the link it brings up an e ticket, which can be scanned at the turnstiles?

It’s also a paperless ticket so it’s good for the environment too :)

Dundee clearly just haven't bothered investing in the digital infrastructure. It is a purely financial decision and they haven't spent any on the pitch or the ticketing which has allowed them to invest in the playing squad instead.

45 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Dundee clearly just haven't bothered investing in the digital infrastructure. It is a purely financial decision and they haven't spent any on the pitch or the ticketing which has allowed them to invest in the playing squad instead.

Yep, it's typical Dundee. They're probably even more reluctant to spend on the pitch or infrastructure now that they're planning for yet another imaginary new stadium. How many times is that over the years that they've said they're going to get a new ground?

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Yep, it's typical Dundee. They're probably even more reluctant to spend on the pitch or infrastructure now that they're planning for yet another imaginary new stadium. How many times is that over the years that they've said they're going to get a new ground?

They bought land to build a new stadium on 7 years ago.

The latest proposal showing how it would look, a month or so ago, was the 3rd in that time.

None have ever got past the planning stage.

The retractable roof is the sticking point, the council don't seem keen on it. Dens is a 5 minute walk from the Hilltown, would need twa buses to get to the new ground. That's progress tho. 

47 minutes ago, Gort said:

The retractable roof is the sticking point, the council don't seem keen on it. Dens is a 5 minute walk from the Hilltown, would need twa buses to get to the new ground. That's progress tho. 

……biggest problem will be getting the council to agree to using second hand corrugated asbestos for the roof !!

39 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

You can use your pass!

I got one when I was 60, hardly use the thing. I actually walked to McDiarmid from Methven Street once, must have taken me about half an hour. Another ground dumped in the middle of nowhere, Muirton was far better.

17 minutes ago, Gort said:

I got one when I was 60, hardly use the thing. I actually walked to McDiarmid from Methven Street once, must have taken me about half an hour. Another ground dumped in the middle of nowhere, Muirton was far better.

I would swap Muirton location for McD anyday however the land at McD is worth £20,000,000 so it was a shrewd move by GB.

Free bus pass is a braw thing, i used mine once to get from Inverness to Perth for a game but afrer a night in the Royal i paid for the train back next day!

3 hours ago, Stumpy1949 said:

I hope saints still have my ticket money if Dundee have it I want it refunded with interest.

No word of refund yet. Hope Saints havnt passed the money to Dundee as we will probably have to wait til they get a transfer fee before we see the money.

4 hours ago, Gort said:

But we make money from the location so not that daft.

15 hours ago, Gort said:

Who could ever have predicted that a Dundee fan would prefer a derelict stadium that was past its use-by date 35 years ago to one that's actually usable.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

They bought land to build a new stadium on 7 years ago.

The latest proposal showing how it would look, a month or so ago, was the 3rd in that time.

None have ever got past the planning stage.

They're also saying the construction cost is running at about £10 million more than originally estimated. Still, I'm sure Dundee have a completely sensible, transparent and above-board plan in mind for quickly and easily getting their hands on that kind of money.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

They're also saying the construction cost is running at about £10 million more than originally estimated. Still, I'm sure Dundee have a completely sensible, transparent and above-board plan in mind for quickly and easily getting their hands on that kind of money.

They have 2 sellable players. That must be £10 million.