St.Johnstone V Kilmarnock - Saturday 13th April

SaintJet

Kilmarnock deservedly in the lead, without having to work too hard for it.

We're again making an okay team look good.

Nobody on our side playing particularly well and it all seems a bit like a pre season, or nothing at stake kind of game.

Hopefully, they'll sort their attitude out in the break and come out with a bit more hunger and desire.

Keltjens looking like he has an injury and Max not doing much. Not that he's alone in that mind you.

Improvement needed, or this will just fizzle out.

Let's just go for it for crying out loud.

Need more subs surely, running out of time here. Have to throw everything at this, team feels off and not like they are in a relegation battle here, and perhaps even contingent on new ownership as others have said. Dramatic comment, but future of the club could be on the line in a game like this and they come out flat. FUK

Could be 4-5 here. Very poor. Levein standing there with the hands in the pockets as usual not giving a toss. Soon as the season is over and we git rid of this manager and the deadwood the better

Same old story.

Subs too late again.

Kimpioka needs more time on the pitch to make an impact. He looked lively when he came on.

Max not doing enough to earn his starting spot.

Clark and May should do more with their chances. May gets a bit of a free pass since he's not played much recently but Clark is another who needs to up his game.

Mitov again with important stops or it could have been much worse.

As for the rest, average at best.

A disappointing performance considering the importance of the game.

The attitude of the whole team is the biggest let down for me.

Yes, you can lose to a better team, but at least make a game of it.

I know I'm repeating myself but it's the same old problems that have reared their ugly heads again today.

A couple weeks now to recharge the batteries and then they need to come back with fresher legs and a much better attitude.

1 hour ago, Gekko said:

it all seems a bit like a pre season, or nothing at stake kind of game.

Have worried for a while about the mentality of this team in regards to this. Pull out a big result when the pressure is on, then a few weeks of pathetic performances piles the pressure back on and they pull out a result. Repeat. 

Also think we’re seeing yet another St. Johnstone team being better suited to playing away from home. 

Left the game ten minutes early. Have never done that before in the more than 25 years that I have had a season ticket.

Sad thing is that I wasn't even angry or leaving in a rage. I simply couldn't see any sort of plan on the pitch what-so-ever, so made a plan to get myself home much quicker and avoid the traffic.

There is a major rebuilding job required. We have a handful of players that could be useful going forward, the rest aren't up to scratch. I would rather have a team of limited workhorses that will run themselves into the ground and put their bodies on the line for the team. Kilmarnock were a better drilled team that were more willing to the dirty work against us.

The main hope seemed to be getting our pacey striker in behind at some point.

Max allowing his man loads of space to whip the ball in for the first goal, just summed our midfield up. Carey is then brought on, but is played in a deep lying role, as we persist with defenders as our outlets wide. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Lets see what the split brings.

Not many pluses from that. Adama did ok but needs a striking partner and IMHO Clark isn't putting in  the effort needed for that role.

Defensively we missed Gordon but the whole back line while it looked comfortable is too slow. How often did the come close to getting caught in possession.  At least Keltjens came onto a better game and looked good going forward in the 2nd half.

Midfield is a worry. Max tried but is too lightweight for me. Smith seemed to be colliding with everyone and Dan was another that let himself get closed down too easily.

Lot of work needed over the next couple of weeks to get some fight into this team for the remaining games

Does Levein not have a watch. 3 subs on with 3 mins to go . Other subs made due to injury.

Those 2 clowns do not know what tactical substitutions are. What to **** do they spend the whole game talking about ?.

As for the game it seems to be pass back is the fall back position.

Defence is a shambles . Those 2 goals were avoidable. Is it lack of sharp ess or leaving it to eachother.

A performance lacking in any redeeming quality. Dreadful.

Killie barely needed to get out of second gear to take the points very very comfortably.

Too many in that side lack quality and responsibility on the field. How many times did the defenders have the ball with no options available to them...so they play the ball between themselves and quite often struggle to do that.

The left hand side with Robinson and Gallagher was just awful. Says it all when around 80 mins in Gallagher got the ball...he was that anonymous I forgot he was actually on the park.

I hope CL doesn't blame the conditions for that performance.

Edited by MrBored

Same issues again today. Two goals from 2 crosses. Killie did very little to create their chances other than being able to pass the ball.

We offer nothing wide, players seem confused and really hesitant to drive into space. To many horizontal passes.

Levein clearly frustrated so who knows what the message is.

Slightly better after half time but a major issue with our whole squad is a lack of composure. Almost every 2nd touch is a tackle, too many passed are an uncontrolled stretch...and nobody wants yo shoot.  Attempts at a simple pass end up in us losing possession too often. We lost possession too often from throwing....combination of smart pressing by Killie and just awful control and body shape.

Overall the desire and effort didn't seem to be there either. I'd like Levin to explain why our wing backs were scared to cross the half way line. 

Formation simply didn't work. I realky would switch to 4-4-2 and stick May on right midfield. 

I've said it before our formation and play just invites balls into the box which is the main source of goals for the opposition.

Touch and go if we make playoff, worry too many players don't see themselves here next season and are starting to wind down.

2 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

I'd like Levin to explain why our wing backs were scared to cross the half way line.

I'd like him to explain why we're playing a system that uses wingbacks, when we don't actually have any wingbacks on our books.

39 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Have worried for a while about the mentality of this team in regards to this. Pull out a big result when the pressure is on, then a few weeks of pathetic performances piles the pressure back on and they pull out a result. Repeat. 

Also think we’re seeing yet another St. Johnstone team being better suited to playing away from home. 

Right enough, that's been the pattern.

It's surely got to be some kind of psychological problem rather than anything else.

That would mean they're all culpable.

The coaches should recognise it and do something about it, and the players should be experienced enough to be able to do the same.

34 minutes ago, Gekko said:

I'd like him to explain why we're playing a system that uses wingbacks, when we don't actually have any wingbacks on our books.

I think we were a four at the back today - and have been for the last while - but Gallacher on the left wing is just cruel.