Peter Pawlett

David123

snapback.pngZamora Fan, on 24 January 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Didn't he get an assist when he played in vine for winner v killie?

No

Why not? Who decides if it was an assist? He passed the ball to Vine and he scored; should be considered an assist.

Not being difficult RandomGuy, just genuinely interested.

Edited by Al C

Why not? Who decides if it was an assist? He passed the ball to Vine and he scored; should be considered an assist.

Not being difficult RandomGuy, just genuinely interested.

I've no idea who decides to be honest! But he's officially not contributed any assist this season. Must've been taken off him as Vine took a significant touch before slotting home

IMHO this assist stat is just about the most meaningless of them all.

If your fellow forward takes a defender with him which opens up the defence for your scoring shot, surely that is an assist.

If you hit a defence splitting pass which is then touched on tp the gut that scores, surely that is an assist etc etc.

You're probably right TS, although it is symptomatic of Millar's contribution IMO.

I don't think he provides an attacking threat. He probably would be better served in a more withdrawn role actually - taking the pressure off the defence when we pick up possession in a deep position, creating a bit of space for himself and moving the ball forward.

But I'm not quite sure how we fit that into our starting XI.

I cant see how the loan signing from one of your rivals for half a season works.You cant even play the player for 2 games in this time at the very least .The player gains a bit of confidence and the only team that gets anything out of it is the club that holds his signature.

More a waste of money than the Beattie situation if you ask me.

I cant see how the loan signing from one of your rivals for half a season works.You cant even play the player for 2 games in this time at the very least .The player gains a bit of confidence and the only team that gets anything out of it is the club that holds his signature.

More a waste of money than the Beattie situation if you ask me.

I'm with you on that. I go further because I dislike the loan system full stop. Before anyone points out its advantages and merits, I'm simply saying that I don't like it, not that I don't understand the rationale behind it and positive arguments for it :)

I'm with you on that. I go further because I dislike the loan system full stop. Before anyone points out its advantages and merits, I'm simply saying that I don't like it, not that I don't understand the rationale behind it and positive arguments for it :)

I just don't get what you get out of a loan signing for 1,3 or 6 months from one of your rivals when he cant even play against them.In that 6 month period Pawlett could nt play in 2 games.Don't even know if he was banned from playing in the cup games but If we 'd drawn Aberdeen again in one of them that would ve been another game ineligible.

What boos? Seen only applause from where I was. A very generous welcome.

There were a few boos, but the applause drowned them out. To be fair they were half hearted joky boos anyway. Besides, Saints fans are only too happy to boo their own players so why should we expect special favours for opposition players we've had on loan!!

• 1 month later...

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3179145#.UVQyb_zq0-U.facebook

"PETER Pawlett today admitted his loan spell at St Johnstone made him realise how fortunate he is to be at Aberdeen FC.

The winger enjoyed his few months at McDiarmid Park earlier this season.

But Pawlett conceded the period in Perth also helped him realise just how big the set-up at Aberdeen FC really is."