Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TBH I find the SPL & SFA's sudden backbone rather strange. The EBT's were on Rangers books, they didn't exactly hide them as they are not illegal in themselves. Rangers have had to submit their accounts to the SPL & SFA every year. Why have they not queried this before now?

They were audited accounts and were lodged with companies house so why would the SFA and SPL consider anythin was wrong with them.

TBH I find the SPL & SFA's sudden backbone rather strange. The EBT's were on Rangers books, they didn't exactly hide them as they are not illegal in themselves. Rangers have had to submit their accounts to the SPL & SFA every year. Why have they not queried this before now?

HANDSHAKERS UNITED :eek:

Doncaster was on Radio Scotland tonight stating how it would work with Rangers.

If they come out of administration then business as usual.

If liquidated then the Board would have to vote on whether the new share could pass to the new company, if they did then the new copany would gain entry to SPL. If not they would be dead and buried as there is no opportunity for them to be relegated to the SFL.

There may be additional sanctions placed on the team if they come back in a new form, one of which would be no Europe for 3 seasons (UEFA rule) and possible fines or points deduction.

So basically, what he is saying is, they'll be back in the SPL as a new company. Because let's face it, who is/are the board? and do you honestly think they would have the bottle to prevent them playing football alltogether by refusing them entry to the spl.

No chance.

Oh aye and preventing them playing in europe. For goodness sake they've hardly played in europe for the last three years. That's no punishment whatsoever.

So basically, what he is saying is, they'll be back in the SPL as a new company. Because let's face it, who is/are the board? and do you honestly think they would have the bottle to prevent them playing football alltogether by refusing them entry to the spl.

No chance.

Oh aye and preventing them playing in europe. For goodness sake they've hardly played in europe for the last three years. That's no punishment whatsoever.

the board are SPL Chairman, SPL Chief Exec, Eric Riley (Celtic) Stephen Thompson (DUFC), Derek Weir (Motherwell), Steven Brown (St Johnstone)

Agree about the European ban not really being a punishment... A few friendlies at home would bring them more money (probably) as there is not a lot of cash to be made in the early European stages.

Doncaster was on Radio Scotland tonight stating how it would work with Rangers.

If they come out of administration then business as usual.

If liquidated then the Board would have to vote on whether the new share could pass to the new company, if they did then the new copany would gain entry to SPL. If not they would be dead and buried as there is no opportunity for them to be relegated to the SFL.

There may be additional sanctions placed on the team if they come back in a new form, one of which would be no Europe for 3 seasons (UEFA rule) and possible fines or points deduction.

Wonder how folks on here would react if Saints were one of those who voted to keep the new Rangers in the SPL?

Wonder how folks on here would react if Saints were one of those who voted to keep the new Rangers in the SPL?

Is/was our Chairman not a Rangers fan? Geoff said a few weeks ago that he thinks Rangers have to survive and when it comes down to it I would suspect (as owner) he would "guide" the way the vote would be cast

As I have said before, if our club has any part in allowing rangers to reform straight into the spl, I am done with saints and done with Scottish football. Given I am 5th generation saints fan and my son is 6th, it would be hard to do, but what would be the point if we are in a puppet league!!!

All the talk of the sky deal is nonsense. Who is more important, the fans who will still be there tv deal or not or a five year tv contract? Even if rangers survive, what would happen if they found themselves in a relegation place? Change the rules so there is still the of games? What about if they didn't make the top 6 and there is only 3 of games a season??

Total bollocks.

As I have said before, if our club has any part in allowing rangers to reform straight into the spl, I am done with saints and done with Scottish football. Given I am 5th generation saints fan and my son is 6th, it would be hard to do, but what would be the point if we are in a puppet league!!!

All the talk of the sky deal is nonsense. Who is more important, the fans who will still be there tv deal or not or a five year tv contract? Even if rangers survive, what would happen if they found themselves in a relegation place? Change the rules so there is still the of games? What about if they didn't make the top 6 and there is only 3 of games a season??

Total bollocks.

As I've said before I'm with you TYB.In what other league in the world is there a bias towards just two clubs to suit them in everything they do.You dont feel it as much till you get to the top league as there's more of a balance in the lower divisions obviously.

Not as easy as it sounds though. Unless Rangers make them redundant they will not be able to move until August in addition to which Rangers will hold the registrations so a transfer fee will be due.

Irrespective of what salary you are on coudl you really afford a 75% reduction?

Not as difficult as you make out.

four days since my post and the Big earners are holding things up, as advised by their Agents.

Meanwhile, the first Two have departed.

To be followed by more on a daily basis.

As I've said before I'm with you TYB.In what other league in the world is there a bias towards just two clubs to suit them in everything they do.You dont feel it as much till you get to the top league as there's more of a balance in the lower divisions obviously.

Likewise. Wouldn't be back.

I guess we'd need a 10/2 split.

The question is, would the bottom club relegate themselves to save Rangers? I'd hope not. Mad Vlad could be the hero of Non-OF fans. I think he could scupper it!

"A bias towards two clubs" I take you're talking about Rangers and maybe Hearts? because Celtic and the late Paul McBride QC proved that the SFA and employees of the SFA cheated and broke their own rules against Celtic last season.

Sounds pretty dire for the Gers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17283440

Now I dunno what I think of all this. It was fine us all having a laugh and taking the p155 out of the gers and their supporters (don't they just deserve it) - but I suspect that most of us expected them to get out of this mess - but what if they don't and DO go into liquidation and are REALLY no more. My brother and his wee lad are dead keen Rangers supporters - but are they bad and nasty, selfish guys - no indeed they are not. I tell you what - if I was a Rangers supporter listening to us all having fun - would I go to Saintees games if Gers go bust - no I wouldn't - I'd tell the rest of Scottish football to get tae f**k - and I don't think that that would be very helpful for any of us. I think that we have to be very careful what we wish for.

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

"A bias towards two clubs" I take you're talking about Rangers and maybe Hearts? because Celtic and the late Paul McBride QC proved that the SFA and employees of the SFA cheated and broke their own rules against Celtic last season.

Try not to bite, but even by your own standards this is one of your most pathetic posts ever.:roll:

Now dunno what I think of all this. It was fine us all having a laugh and taking the p155 out of the gers and their supporters (don't they just deserve it) - but I suspect that most of us expected them to get out of this mess - but what if they don't and DO go into liquidation and are REALLY no more. My brother and his wee lad are dead keen Rangers supporters - but are they bad and nasty, selfish guys - no indeed they are not. I tell you what - if I was a Rangers supporter listening to us all having fun - would I go to Saintees games if Gers go bust - no I wouldn't - I'd tell the reset of Scottish football to get tae f**k - and I don't think that that would be very helpful to any of us. I think that we have to be very careful what we wish for.

Nae luck.

I'm sorry mate, but I'd love it if they go down the pan. Just being honest. Maybe all their fans will grow up and get a life untainted by bigotry, wrapping themselves in the union flag, arrogance and cheating. Don't particularly want any of them coming to watch Saints. At least future generations won't be brought up surrounded by their hate filled bile.

No doubt some of them will be lost to football, some will go support Partick Thistle, who could become a major force in Scottish football! Who knows. Scottish football will re-order itself. It will be different, but things will settle down for the better in the long run. I'm surprised none of the media have yet had a go at predicting what the world might look like without Rangers. In my view it would be a better place.

Edited by Jimmy Wallace

I know I'm going to get slagged for this, but I think Scottish Football needs both Rangers and Celtic. Many clubs depend on the money their travelling support puts in their coffers when they visit. Also, with no Old Firm games, the TV companies are not going to pony up the same amount of money.

So, with them gone, there will be less money in the game and standards will fall even further. Even today can you imagine the likes of Motherwell, Saints, Hearts etc. getting anywhere in European competition?

One benefit might be that one or more of the various governing bodies goes out of business. These guys are sucking too much money out of the game. Also the folk turning up to game in Scotland is not enough to support all the senior clubs we have, so like it or not a lot of famous old footballing institutions we grew up with are going to disappear. If it can happen to Rangers, no club is safe :sad:

Now I dunno what I think of all this. It was fine us all having a laugh and taking the p155 out of the gers and their supporters (don't they just deserve it) - but I suspect that most of us expected them to get out of this mess - but what if they don't and DO go into liquidation and are REALLY no more. My brother and his wee lad are dead keen Rangers supporters - but are they bad and nasty, selfish guys - no indeed they are not. I tell you what - if I was a Rangers supporter listening to us all having fun - would I go to Saintees games if Gers go bust - no I wouldn't - I'd tell the rest of Scottish football to get tae f**k - and I don't think that that would be very helpful for any of us. I think that we have to be very careful what we wish for.

It was nt that long ago they were saying,fvck Scottish football,we re going to England or an Atlantic League or whatever pish.I'm sorry for the real Rangers fans as I know alot that dont get involved with any of the nonsense.I think its ridiculous guys like Chic Young still suck upto Walter Smith when he was clearly involved in this and has never even been asked any informative questions.The whole of Scottish football needs to be overhauled and hope it will be after Rangers dies.It might mean highlights on Scotsport on a Saturday night for a few seasons but lower admission prices and no live games might bring alot of fans back through the turnstiles(you know fans watching games,what football is really about).

I too am sorry...I can find no sympathy whatsoever for the club or their supporters. When have RFC or the hoardes that follow them EVER given a flying f**k about any other club or their supporters.

Your family members may well be decent people, but in my experience, they are the minority, not, as the press would have us believe, the bigoted, bile producing supporters.

I still believe that they will not disappear...too many strings will be pulled to make sure they don't. However, the upside of that is that no Rangers fan will ever be able to belittle my club to me again without knowing that they are a bunch of dirty, cheating bast*rds who shouldn't have the nerve to act all high and mightly ever again.

Hopefully (but I doubt it), even if Rangers are allowed to continue, the whole voting system will be revamped to take the power away from the gruesome twosome and make it a level playing field. Then we might actually see how much better than other teams they really are