Jamie "murderball" Adams, An Appreciation....

Dave Ferg

A cult above the rest!

Is there a harder midfielder in the SPL (ask Russell Mamby Pamby Anderson)?

For me he's a great squad player who will play a big part in our rise up the league this season and leave his mark in a variety of places.

Edited by Dave Ferg

Give me Jamie before Chris Millar any day. Adams is an asset to the squad, and, when we get a manager who can properly get the best out of players we will struggle to hold on to him.

The sooner we get back to allowing guys like Adams play football the way it's meant to be rather than pander to the the diving and fannying about that goes on with the lightweights in the game to hide their inability the better.

If they want to go down injured they should at least have the balls to have let Jamie Adams have given them a reason to do so.

Adams must start against Celtic. If Lennon was allowed to pick our team his fist two picks in midfield would be Millar and Robertson. The last two he'd want aginst his guys would be Muzz and Murderball!!!

Let's be honest. The only reason this thread has been created is because he he was receiving a bit of criticism in the Dundee United match thread. He hasn't contributed nearly enough to merit an appreciation thread ahead of other players.

Personally I'm not sure about him but I'm hoping he can prove me wrong.

Let's be honest. The only reason this thread has been created is because he he was receiving a bit of criticism in the Dundee United match thread. He hasn't contributed nearly enough to merit an appreciation thread ahead of other players.

He hasn't been given a chance to be fair.

I like him, and as others have alluded too, he reminds me of what used to be good about football. Those who played the game know the great feeling to take the ball AND the man and leave your opponent hurting on the floor. Now, Im not talking about tackles that finish people's careers here, just good hard tackles. Actually, a good hard foul on your opposing player in the first few minutes felt damn fine as well.

As a fan as well, hard tackles were one of the things that you could enjoy....remember the days of "Addison's gonna get you"

It's not Adams that is wrong here, the problem is the way the game is going

Let's be honest. The only reason this thread was created was because he has the greatest nickname in the SPL.

Personally, I like him and would like him to start more often.

Give me Chris Millar over Jamie Adams any day.

Agreed. Shows what's wrong with football in this country when a player that struggles to pass, tackle and position himself is preferred over a guy like Millar.

The guy is good at getting booked, i'll give him that. He's had more cards than Santa has letters.

Guest Mongy Max

Adams is without doubt our best option as a defensive midfielder capable of breaking play up. I know I would much rather have a rock like him to get the boot in in the middle of the park than someone like Millar who seems scared of a solid 50 / 50.

You need someone to break up play, play a diamond in the midfield with him at the back, Murray pushing on with two wide men pushing on.

Handy man to have when your struggling to contain the oppositions midfield. Obviously a liability with his bookings, but his type of player will always attract yellow cards.

I think when we are on top in midfield, he shows a bit more skill than he's given credit for.

Prefer him coming off the bench though to be honest.

Adams is without doubt our best option as a defensive midfielder capable of breaking play up. I know I would much rather have a rock like him to get the boot in in the middle of the park than someone like Millar who seems scared of a solid 50 / 50.

You need someone to break up play, play a diamond in the midfield with him at the back, Murray pushing on with two wide men pushing on.

I agree that all teams need such a player but is Adams a top six SPL defensive midfielder. Hasn't proved it so far Edited by SingaporeSaint

I'll be interested to see how his contribution is monitored on this thread over the season....how many cards he accumulates, how many fouls he concedes, he may even make a pass, or score a goal.......maybe not! :wink:

Saints already have 'enforcers'.......your back 4 take no sh*t and are never muscled out of games, your midfield are hardly the wallflowers some on here seem to suggest. If Saints have problem in the middle this season its getting Muzz to fulfill his potential, and replacing Morris (a Rolls Royce of a player)....if anyone thinks Adams with all the grace of Herman Munster is a replacement for losing the flair of Morris..............well good luck with that, you will be disappointed!

Sometimes I like him, sometimes we seem to be crying out for someone to come on and ruffle a few feathers in the midfield. Sometimes I think he'd be perfect as the holding midfielder who gives the defence the protection it needs...

Then he comes on, gives 100% but looks a class below the rest of the team. He dives in recklessly which, for a player of his age, is worrying. He also fails to hold his position in midfield as he wavers between being too far forward and leaving a gap or sitting too deep and leaving a gap, something which Murray Davidson is also liable to do, so there needs to be at least one CM with positional sense on the pitch, that's why Muzz and Adams struggle together. In my eye's he decent back up but never a starter for a team chasing the Top 6.

I think the idea of Jamie Adams is better than the reality of Jamie Adams.