Dundee Utd V Saints 26/12/12 K-O 12 Noon

The ghost of Jim Morton

Quick summary of game - United start slowly again , centre halfs fu++ up gifting saints a 2 nil lead at half time. United come hairing out of traps 2nd half and hammer saints but still get beat due to us having a defence made from jelly . If saints get at our centre halfs you will win. As for the atmosphere at the gemme and the size of the crowd, As much atmosphere as on the moon and about 6500. One thing is guaranteed that you will be hassled by the stewards and polis for standing up and having a good time. 12 o clock start and no trains wont help either with the atmosphere or the crowd . Good to see away fans at a game as motherwell and ict brought 100 fans each with them.

Might be a few goals in the game then stross, as we are as fragile as a fragile thing on a particularly fragile day when it comes to defending, and I incude our midfields defensive duties in that. Can't seem to put more than two passes together before giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Last few scorelines have been lower than they should have been due to Mannus playing well between the sticks.

Hopefully we can start well, as that will get our travelling support going (which hopefully should be a decent number) and get some atmos in the ground.

If we link up front like we did against Hearts then we might break the hoodoo. To do that we need Pawlett back in and I reckon Cregg as well

Edited by Edstar101

Can't see us winning today tbh. Seem to bottle it every time against Dundee Utd, and I have absolute zero confidence in our teams ability to convert chances into goals.

They are certainly not as good as they've been in recent seasons and we are probably better but they just have that something extra every time we play them.

COYS we need a result against the Arabs.Watched them against Hearts and they were very average ( cue much improved showing).Would love to see Saints score at least a coupl as we never keep a clean sheet.Have to make do with the radio as got family commitments and I could not legally drive this morning.