Saints V Dundee Fc 2Nd January 2013 Ko 2Pm

glenrothes saintee

Don't get carried away by Scumdee's results.

Their performances have improved recently despite the results. If they score first we could struggle. Hope I'm wrong and we give them the doing that Lomas claims that we are about to give some team.

I would be happy with the same attitude and performance as the last meeting.

Don't get carried away by Scumdee's results.

Their performances have improved recently despite the results. If they score first we could struggle. Hope I'm wrong and we give them the doing that Lomas claims that we are about to give some team.

I would be happy with the same attitude and performance as the last meeting.

I agree -Dundee will be well up for this and we seem to be all over the shop just now -this one could break the camels back.

I liked the look of Vine and MacLean against Hearts and, with Pawlett, they played some of the best football I've seen from us in a while. My problem is I'm not convinced by the heart of Vine and in a derby, you know what Tade is going to give you, plus he had a good game against them at Dens Park. The big concern with him is he misses chances though.

See no reason Callum Davidson can't play after three full days rest, especially when we then have two weekends off. After that the defence picks itself with Anderson out. Pawlett and Murray Davidson obvious picks in midfield and with Pawlett involved, think Hasselbaink on the left is too cavalier for us, so Craig plays there. If he does go to Hibs, that's a position we need to fill. Shame if Cregg is out as he's come onto a decent game so would obviously like Millar to be fit. If not then you are looking at Moon, a good player but one who IMO struggles when short of match sharpness. Centre midfield in a derby isn't the place for Liam Caddis.

Mannus

Mackay - McCracken - Wright - C Davidson

Pawlett - Cregg/Millar/Moon - M Davidson - Craig

Vine - MacLean

Subs: Tuffey, Miller, Millar/Moon/Beattie, Hasselbaink, Vine, Caddis + one.

First goal could be vital as they have lost all thirteen matches where they've conceded first this season.

You know Mr Radford I wondered if we'd start this game the way we finished the last. In a 4-2-3-1 formation, something like

Murray Davidson - Craig

Pawlett - Vine - Tade

MacLean

Or in different positions if none of Cregg or Millar are fit enough for this. It might be seen as overly attacking or that but I've never been convinced by Moon, and he'd be off the pace without doubt. Just wonder what you think the chances of that are?

I liked the look of Vine and MacLean against Hearts and, with Pawlett, they played some of the best football I've seen from us in a while. My problem is I'm not convinced by the heart of Vine and in a derby, you know what Tade is going to give you, plus he had a good game against them at Dens Park. The big concern with him is he misses chances though.

See no reason Callum Davidson can't play after three full days rest, especially when we then have two weekends off. After that the defence picks itself with Anderson out. Pawlett and Murray Davidson obvious picks in midfield and with Pawlett involved, think Hasselbaink on the left is too cavalier for us, so Craig plays there. If he does go to Hibs, that's a position we need to fill. Shame if Cregg is out as he's come onto a decent game so would obviously like Millar to be fit. If not then you are looking at Moon, a good player but one who IMO struggles when short of match sharpness. Centre midfield in a derby isn't the place for Liam Caddis.

Mannus

Mackay - McCracken - Wright - C Davidson

Pawlett - Cregg/Millar/Moon - M Davidson - Craig

Vine - MacLean

Subs: Tuffey, Miller, Millar/Moon/Beattie, Hasselbaink, Vine, Caddis + one.

First goal could be vital as they have lost all thirteen matches where they've conceded first this season.

Agree about the first goal. Given how our recent home games have gone if we fail to convert chances again the nerves will grow as the game wears on. I'd like to see a very early goal to take the weight off their shoulders a bit.

Just wonder what you think the chances of that are?

I can't see it to be honest as, like you say, it's too attacking. We don't need to be reckless tomorrow, just carry on as we have been but put our chances away. With Craig further forward and Cregg or Millar fit then it's a system he could use but not with the players you've listed IMO.

I can't see it to be honest as, like you say, it's too attacking. We don't need to be reckless tomorrow, just carry on as we have been but put our chances away. With Craig further forward and Cregg or Millar fit then it's a system he could use but not with the players you've listed IMO.

Yeah ideally I think we'd have Cregg/ Millar alongside Muzz/Craig with one of them further forward. Just a query as we seem short on CM's. I've been told Cregg's out due to an injury, so unless Millar's available I'm not sure who I'd like to have in the middle. As I've said Moon doesn't convince me at all and I think he'd struggle

I think the time for Caddis to step up is now, play him out wide where he'll have help from an experienced fullback. Move Craig into the middle.

On the left? Not sure he's ever played there so maybe a bit harsh on the boy. If we were to play him it would have to in a position he's played before. RM or CM, and with Pawlett almost certain to start it would have to be in the middle. That leaves us with a difficult choice but If we also had Craig and Muzz in there I think he'd probably do quite well.

I'd much rather give Caddis a chance than stick Moon in, lets look to the future for once

On the left? Not sure he's ever played there so maybe a bit harsh on the boy. If we were to play him it would have to in a position he's played before. RM or CM, and with Pawlett almost certain to start it would have to be in the middle. That leaves us with a difficult choice but If we also had Craig and Muzz in there I think he'd probably do quite well.

I'd much rather give Caddis a chance than stick Moon in, lets look to the future for once

i think midgey is on from start,