Saints V Dundee Fc 2Nd January 2013 Ko 2Pm

glenrothes saintee

At the end of the day we finally got the win we've deserved at Home for the last 4/5 games.

No gonna moan after we've won a game - just dinnae get that but were aw different eh - seen many many worse performances and games in my day

Dundee are going down - can't see any hope for them

Only positives from that heap of pish of an excuse for a football match were 3 points and a clean sheet.

Never have I come away from a match that we have won feeling so dejected with my own teams performance. Lacklustre, desireless, flat, uncreative, tactically naive, aimless, eye bleedingly insipid guff.

It was brutal stuff to watch and sadly, the 1400 extra fans who took the chance to attend today will have seen very little to convince themselves to attend more often.

For Saints, MacKay & Pawlett was decent as was Liam Craig who at least seem to realise that players were actually allowed to run with the ball. Cannae say too much about the rest of the defence as Dundee were so bad they were hardly tested. Mannus's kicking was terrible. Muzz and Millar were average.

Up front I thought our forwards were hopeless ( this in part was due to the lack of decent service from a midfield who again seemed affraid to get to far up the park and therefore offerd little or no support to the front line & a tactic of punt after punt after punt to know-one in particular)

I thought Hasslebaink looked totally uniterested when he came on and that shite at the end sums him up for me. Flatters to decieve, looks very lazy and as far as I am concerned he can phuck-off as soon as ..One trick pony whos' trick hardly ever works and when it does is still pretty crap.

If we had been playing anyone bar an absolutely terrible Dundee, I think we would have got easily turned over. Dundee are doomed (which at least means no matter how shite we get, I cannae see relegation becoming an issue). They offered practically nothing at all today..

Finally, I though the ref was again poor with some strange decisions.

Some may think I am being over harsh and I respect their opinions but that's the way I saw it today.

probably our worst performance for a long long time, but we got the 3 points and that was the objective at the start of the day.

Thought Tade worked hard but never got trh right service or support. Overall I couldn't care less about the performance now we won and that is the most important thing 4 games in 10 days with 1 win 1 defeat 2 draws is a satisfactory total although I think our performances probably merited another win.

Only positives from that heap of pish of an excuse for a football match were 3 points and a clean sheet.

Never have I come away from a match that we have won feeling so dejected with my own teams performance. Lacklustre, desireless, flat, uncreative, tactically naive, aimless, eye bleedingly insipid guff.

It was brutal stuff to watch and sadly, the 1400 extra fans who took the chance to attend today will have seen very little to convince themselves to attend more often.

For Saints, MacKay & Pawlett was decent as was Liam Craig who at least seem to realise that players were actually allowed to run with the ball. Cannae say too much about the rest of the defence as Dundee were so bad they were hardly tested. Mannus's kicking was terrible. Muzz and Millar were average.

Up front I thought our forwards were hopeless ( this in part was due to the lack of decent service from a midfield who again seemed affraid to get to far up the park and therefore offerd little or no support to the front line & a tactic of punt after punt after punt to know-one in particular)

I thought Hasslebaink looked totally uniterested when he came on and that shite at the end sums him up for me. Flatters to decieve, looks very lazy and as far as I am concerned he can phuck-off as soon as ..One trick pony whos' trick hardly ever works and when it does is still pretty crap.

If we had been playing anyone bar an absolutely terrible Dundee, I think we would have got easily turned over. Dundee are doomed (which at least means no matter how shite we get, I cannae see relegation becoming an issue). They offered practically nothing at all today..

Finally, I though the ref was again poor with some strange decisions.

Some may think I am being over harsh and I respect their opinions but that's the way I saw it today.

A wins a win ya greetin faced auld chunt!! :wink::laugh: would have settled for grinding out a 1-0 win before the game, as im sure many would have, so will sure as hell take it now.

And we gained on Kilmarnock,StMirren, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

That was S H Y T E.

At least it is 3 points.

Only Pawlett got pass marks by me. Tade & Hasselbaink must be spending too much time in the pub as they have both lost a yard or 2 of pace. Can Lomas not see that Tade is not a target man I don`t think I have seen him win a ball in the air since he came here.

I thought we were superb. The passing and movement was fantastic. Mannus distribution was near perfect. Tade's first touch was sublime and his linking with Vine was a joy to watch. The midfield kept the ball and got up well to support the forwards. I am amazed that the countless wonderful deliveries from Liam Craig did not lead to us running up a cricket score.

A wins a win ya greetin faced auld chunt!! :wink::laugh: would have settled for grinding out a 1-0 win before the game, as im sure many would have, so will sure as hell take it now.

I think you will find I started with pretty much what you said.

And in no way am I unhappy about the 3 points. As for the 90 minutes of fitba(sic), I would hope as the manager of OS you and your players could muster more skill and hunger in 90 minutes than St.Johnstone showed today.

It's not the points that caused my unhappiness..

I would expect nothing less than your type of reply from you. The fact that MS liked it just poroves my point :wink:

That was S H Y T E.

At least it is 3 points.

Only Pawlett got pass marks by me. Tade & Hasselbaink must be spending too much time in the pub as they have both lost a yard or 2 of pace. Can Lomas not see that Tade is not a target man I don`t think I have seen him win a ball in the air since he came here.

Can you maybe write it bigger the next time

I think you will find I started with pretty much what you said.

And in no way am I unhappy about the 3 points. As for the 90 minutes of fitba(sic), I would hope as the manager of OS you and your players could muster more skill and hunger in 90 minutes than St.Johnstone showed today.

It's not the points that caused my unhappiness..

I would expect nothing less than your type of reply from you. The fact that MS liked it just poroves my point :wink:

Stop being such a grumpy auld shit!! You are never happy I can only assume that being a chef Gordon feckin Ramsay is your hero, he is also a greeting moaning faced auld git!!!

It never clicked for them today but as I said we have played better and not won before.

Stop being such a grumpy auld shit!! You are never happy I can only assume that being a chef Gordon feckin Ramsay is your hero, he is also a greeting moaning faced auld git!!!

It never clicked for them today but as I said we have played better and not won before.

I would respond but I cannae read your pish.. Please keep it like this. :laugh:

Awful game. Did either keeper have a save to make? £22 to watch men punting a ball for one man to chase but rarely catch isn't very appealing.

I'm glad there's a break now because that was truly uninspiring stuff. Hopefully the good, creative saints show up against Motherwell as a win there is vital for our push for top 6. Unbelievably, we aren't far off second so there is a hell of a lot to play for. Hope Lomas can get them up for it.

We have beaten the Coagies and have got back into the top 6, have kept a second successive clean sheet since .......forever........and have had a decent fairly vocal support, looked like we had some Ultras in what with the smoke bombs and exciting arrests. And yet..........I have rarely been so disappointed leaving McD. It was a derby so cliché time, it was never going to be a classic and was gonna be tight, scrappy,close, like a cup tie etc etc. But the players showed no heart, no desire. Do we require some sendings off before the players show some of their managers famous...........sigh.........passion.

Vine seems to be in a different role each week, and was sat far too deep today. He does have vision and ability but isnt allowed to utilise these skills.

Tade has an amazing work rate BUT this is totally negated by repeatedly hitting him with punted long balls that he doesnt/cant win. Play to his strengths ffs and he will be a different player causing havoc amongst centre halfs. Yet he rarely gives up to his credit.

As good as Tads attitude is his wee pal Nige is completely the opposite just now. Someone needs to give him a shake as he does

have some skill but right now he is little more than a passenger who shrugs moans and whines constantly. Very sad to see. Hes a youngster and I think he needs a bit of a bollocking.

Do they practice set plays? If they spend longer than Lomas saying "Liam, float it into the middle somewhere. Its bound to work one week" I would be very surprised.

Dont think I have been to a match where neither keeper made a save. And as for the distribution from Mannus :shock: it was like Lindsay Hamilton off his face on Ketamine.

I've seen a lot of pish games in my time as a saints fan. That one is right up there near the top. Still, a wins a win.

Won't do a lot to entice the extra xmas fans back though am afraid. VFM = 0

If it was worse than ICT on Saturday then god help us. If I happened to have still been in Glasgow today I was planning to go. Just as well I didn't by the sound of it as that would almost surely have seen me off!

Guest Mongy Max

I thought pawlett, mckay and wright were good today, the rest seemed like they scoffed too much turkey recently. Lazy, lacklustre, weak.

I would also add vine into that actually, had some great touches from shocking delivery and worked very well with pawlett and McKay.

Nigel wants dropped for slowing into the corner with 6 minutes to go, absolute disgrace.

Hey, 3 points and a clean sheet plus I think we may go off on a wee run now.

Oh and the Muppets who complain about their unfair and unjust treatment fron stewards and police have really helped their cause today by no doubt earning the club a fine for the smoke bombs, idiots.

Running down the clock with 6 minutes to go!!! Nigel does not have he strength or ability to do that, shocking behaviour.

There was only really two plus the four minutes injury time which hadn't been announced then. I thought considering how poor we were he did the right thing. We would have lost the ball then been on the back foot.

Running down the clock with 6 minutes to go!!! Nigel does not have he strength or ability to do that, shocking behaviour.

That's a fair point. Different if you have the ability to keep the ball for a few minutes but all we managed to do was halt an attack and give them he ball back. Same with the short corner. Get the big defenders up and then lose the ball pissing about in the corner. Nuts.