Millwall Violence

541ntees

Ok, here goes.

1. The fighting was very very isolated, with very very few actual punch ups. Have a look at the footage, you will see perhaps 6-8 fights between two people a pop.

2. All the stuff about Millwall is ALWAYS overblown. My old dear moved recently from a not to great part of Perth down to within 150metres from The New Den. In her own 68 year old words "Oh the people round here are so nice, they really are helpful and friendly."

3. The only thing to dislike about Millwall is they were started by Dundonians!

My main point: People love to see Millwall as the thugs. Let's all remember Rio Ferdinand got coined by Man City fans. Or when the Man Utd fans pelted Chelsea players earlier this season at the Bridge during the league cup match.....press weren't interested then.

Well done Wigan. Like Swansea a decade of change and cup final to prove it!

Edited by MySpazz

Again a portion of their support spoil it for the rest, what should of been a good day for families is spoiled by "knuckleheads" who are the big men when surrounded by thousands of others.

MySpazz, you can defend them and I'm sure they have many decent fans, but it happens time and time again with them.

I hate the way the media attack Millwall all the time.This was a neutral area and happened just after the 2nd goal so how they can say for definite that it was Millwall fans fighting amoungst themselves,I dont know.

Some people will look for excuses for Millwall as there remains the belief that there is something glamorous and 'big' about fighting at football amongst some quarters

Some people will look for excuses for Millwall as there remains the belief that there is something glamorous and 'big' about fighting at football amongst some quarters

Proper fighting at the football is not glamorous or big , it's human nature , form of tribalism among like minded people , if you like .

What you have seen at this game is just a few idiots being idiots

Ok, here goes.

1. The fighting was very very isolated, with very very few actual punch ups. Have a look at the footage, you will see perhaps 6-8 fights between two people a pop.

2. All the stuff about Millwall is ALWAYS overblown. My old dear moved recently from a not to great part of Perth down to within 150metres from The New Den. In her own 68 year old words "Oh the people round here are so nice, they really are helpful and friendly."

3. The only thing to dislike about Millwall is they were started by Dundonians!

My main point: People love to see Millwall as the thugs. Let's all remember Rio Ferdinand got coined by Man City fans. Or when the Man Utd fans pelted Chelsea players earlier this season at the Bridge during the league cup match.....press weren't interested then.

Well done Wigan. Like Swansea a decade of change and cup final to prove it!

---

Wow. You talk about "6-8 fights" within a section of the ground as if it's insignificant. As if it happens at grounds all over the country every week. That's more fights than I've seen at the hundreds of football matches I've been at over the last 20 years. It's not public perception that's showing those guys behaving like that: they are behaving like that, and they deserve every ounce of criticism that comes their way for it. As a football fan, I don't want to be associated with people who are unable to attend a positive event without ruining it for everyone around them by behaving like dicks. Dicks who are trapped in the past and have been left behind by virtually everyone else involved in the sport. A sport that doesn't want them. And yes, it's probably a minority of their fans, but it's still a big enough amount of people, and it still happens often enough with that club, for people to quite rightly take notice and condemn them for it. As football fans we shouldn't be making excuses for them and pretending they're being picked on or that it's being exaggerated. We should be putting them down for being the idiots they are.

Incidentally, I also live in that area of London (Millwall are the closest Football League club to my flat). And I'm afraid my general experience of the locals doesn't match the picture you paint at all.

Some people will look for excuses for Millwall as there remains the belief that there is something glamorous and 'big' about fighting at football amongst some quarters

Nothing about the stoke fans today singing songs about the Munich disaster and mimicking aeroplanes at the same time.There is a lot of sh!t that goes on at the football that no-one bothers about. 

blueheaven I have seen tastier fights at Saints matches.

If you know the area, then you will know the Silwood. These are good people. And yes, the locals have got the same hoodrats found in most areas of London.

I defend them because it is not only Millwall that cause bother. You have had full on pitch battles in the Football Conference in the past year or two....not a word!

blueheaven I have seen tastier fights at Saints matches.

If you know the area, then you will know the Silwood. These are good people. And yes, the locals have got the same hoodrats found in most areas of London.

I defend them because it is not only Millwall that cause bother. You have had full on pitch battles in the Football Conference in the past year or two....not a word!

---

Which Saints matches? Seriously, I'm really curious to know.

And I can't understand why Millwall should be defended just because "it's not only them". Those fans are still guilty of doing this, whether or not it's overblown or exaggerated by the media. They don't deserve to have you or I taking their side, don't you see that? They are grown men and the way they choose to behave when they leave the house is up to them. All football fans should be condemning what those Millwall fans did at Wembley yesterday. It reflects badly on all of us. There are people out there who won't go to football matches because they see incidents like that and they think that's what football is. In reality, it's nothing like that: there are just small pockets of twats who think they look big and clever by behaving like they're in a rubbish Danny Dyer film.

Incidentally, flying in the face of the argument that it only gets reported when it's Millwall fans: I've just watched a report on the ITV news about Newcastle fans also being dicks. One of them was punching a horse. Punching a horse! The guy looked about 50. He was probably some poor sod's dad. Talk about needing to grow up. What an absolute embarrassment to all of us.

---

Which Saints matches? Seriously, I'm really curious to know.

And I can't understand why Millwall should be defended just because "it's not only them". Those fans are still guilty of doing this, whether or not it's overblown or exaggerated by the media. They don't deserve to have you or I taking their side, don't you see that? They are grown men and the way they choose to behave when they leave the house is up to them. All football fans should be condemning what those Millwall fans did at Wembley yesterday. It reflects badly on all of us. There are people out there who won't go to football matches because they see incidents like that and they think that's what football is. In r

eality, it's nothing like that: there are just small pockets of twats who think they look big and clever by behaving like they're in a rubbish Danny Dyer film.

Incidentally, flying in the face of the argument that it only gets reported when it's Millwall fans: I've just watched a report on the ITV news about Newcastle fans also being dicks. One of them was punching a horse. Punching a horse! The guy looked about 50. He was probably some poor sod's dad. Talk about needing to grow up. What an absolute embarrassment to all of us.

==================

One Scotland fan who goes to Saints matches was recently arrested at the last Scotland game and spent a night in the cells............................................for Kissing a Horse!

Seems like if you try to make love, NOT war, you are still likely to get arrested. No justice???

Steve Zissou - have never watched any of those ridiculous films, the closet I get to Danny Dyer is getting annoyed that the Bolina Road road is closed til 2017, and i can't do a short cut through it....

FACE IT

Millwall will get the focus - for a few isolated punch ups - while the FA choose not to look at itself and the chants from San Marino. The English FA are as bigoted at the SFA.

Steve Zissou - have never watched any of those ridiculous films, the closet I get to Danny Dyer is getting annoyed that the Bolina Road road is closed til 2017, and i can't do a short cut through it....

FACE IT

Millwall will get the focus - for a few isolated punch ups - while the FA choose not to look at itself and the chants from San Marino. The English FA are as bigoted at the SFA.

---

Would still love to know which Saints matches you've seen worse or equivalent at. Anything in the last 25 years?

The focus is on Millwall because a number of their fans chose to act like idiots during a major televised event - an FA Cup semi-final, at the national stadium, being watched all over the world. If they don't want the media or the FA to bring attention to their club for it, maybe they could just not behave that way in the first place?

Going by whats getting said on other internet forums by fans at the game just yards from the fighting........

The violence during the Wembly semi final featuring Millwall started when there was a group of known thugs openly taking drugs (cocaine) whilst already very intoxicated. One guy who had been acting a right dickhead from earlier tried to get a better view of something happening on the pitch, in doing so he knocked over a young girl, the girls father tried to get the nutter to apologise, this ended up in fists flying. Friends of the father tried to stop the fight but the nutters mates started to pile in too. (There is phone video footage of the two groups trading punches,the fighting was going on for a few minutes before the TV cameras picked it up) When the police and stewards got involved the known thugs started on them.

Many versions in the media/internet claiming it to be between two warring families or blaming Crystal Palace and West Ham fans. The info posted above came from someone who witnessed the whole carry on from a few yards away.

There will be quite a few banning orders to come too.

Witness accounts saying there was guys sniffing lines of coke for many to see, etc.

These guys are quite simply idiots, that are no more than billy big shot thugs. No thought for those around them and no care for the effect that they have on others. There's no place for them in society, let alone football. Yet every single time something like this happens, there's always people that want to defend their actions! How about we chuck your kids into the middle of it next time it flares up and see what your thoughts on these people are after?