Partick Thistle V St Johnstone Saturday 14/12/13

garydavidson

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The voucher I received on leaving the ground, is a three part voucher.

The portion to be "given up" is clearly printed in large capitals, "COMPLIMENTARY", which is also printed at right angles to that on the end of the voucher.

The "to be retained" part of the voucher has "COMPLIMENTARY" printed on the end of it.

"Match abandoned voucher" is also printed on both sections.

I, like many others, were led to believe that these "COMPLIMENTARY" vouchers would entitle us to Free entry when the rearranged game would be played.

I believe charging for this game, having a COMPLIMENTARY voucher is illegal, despite what Their website terms and conditions state.

The Dictionary definition of COMPLIMENTARY is "given or supplied free of charge". E.  G.  A complimentary bottle of wine.

You would not be expected to pay all or part of the cost of a COMPLIMENTARY bottle of wine, would you?

This is where their Voucher wording is at odds with Their terms and conditions and should be challenged.

Anyone near a Citizens Advice office, who could run this by them?

Folk who have received a reply from PTFC I believe would be in a better position to present the facts to C. B.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything back when the game was abandoned. Rightly or WRONGLY, fans aren't entitled to anything if the game makes half time and if I'd been given a voucher which stated '£12 entry' at the time I'd still have been pleasantly surprised. 

If the game had been in Perth there's absolutely no way travelling fans would have been allowed into the replay for free and as such I think its unrealistic (and unfair) to expect Thistle to indulge us. 

Like the suggestion about the SFA absorbing operating costs for replayed fixtures in order to let supporters in for free - they're certainly in a better position to do so than the clubs and would be a terrific gesture.

Football needs fans 

I have to agree with angus saint a bit.

I think Partick more have to apologise for misleading fans whilst vouchers were being handed out, and for the fact they blatantly contradict themselves about the timing of the printing of the vouchers in their pathetic email, than they do for charging for the game.

RE: EXPLANATION REQUIRED - St Johnstone Admission Details

S

Stacey Greig

to me

Hi Sean,

Following the abandonment of the St Johnstone fixture on December 14 the game was subsequently re-arranged for a 7:45pm kick off on January 21. The abandoned game essentially means that the club is required to cover the cost of an extra game in an already hectic fixture schedule. Partick Thistle always tries to put football fans first however, we could not afford to provide, police, stewarding, catering, electricity and all the other overheads required for a game to go ahead safely without charging a certain amount for entry to the rearranged fixture. The cost of hosting the rearranged game, even with a charge for entry, is such that it will almost certainly mean this match is run at a loss for the club. Once a Scottish Premiership game reaches halftime the host club is under no obligation to provide free entry to the rearranged fixture.

Vouchers were printed and issued as soon as the game was abandoned and a tannoy announcement was made letting fans know to hold onto their ticket stubs or collect a match abandoned voucher from a club official for discounted entry into the rescheduled game. As you have have pointed out, the vouchers provided to fans after the game was called off had complimentary printed on the back of them. Unfortunately these tickets were the only ticket stock that we had available at the time. Staff at the club were under immense pressure to ensure that all fans who had paid to enter the game received one in order that they qualify for discounted entry at the rearranged game. In future we will ensure that any vouchers which are handed out are labelled more clearly.

At no point should you have been told that the voucher would gain you free admission into the rearranged fixture, if you were told this then I apologise for any confusion.

Partick Thistle Football Club always strives to put football fans first and we are sorry if you are unhappy on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee

That's the reply we are all getting. Save u the hassle of waiting on the reply to ur email...

Thanks for the above which I have just read after I last posted.

Note that they could not afford to cover various costs by allowing free admission, as they would be out of pocket.

What about All the Others who are out of pocket?  The fans, St. Johnstone FC. etc.

The difference between other abandoned games and this one is, the fact vouchers were handed out at this game with COMPLIMENTARY printed on them.

That's not our fault if PTFC can't run a club efficiently.

I don't so much as have a problem paying, it's more the price. Over half price for essential half a match, is not on. Whenever this has happened before the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren simply said £5 a head and concessions in for nothing. Providing you had a ticket. If not a £10 for adults and a £5 for kids. If those deals had been put in place not a single person on here would have moaned I bet.

But because Partick Thistle have been somewhat greedy, they're now getting a backlash.

I don't so much as have a problem paying, it's more the price. Over half price for essential half a match, is not on. Whenever this has happened before the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren simply said £5 a head and concessions in for nothing. Providing you had a ticket. If not a £10 for adults and a £5 for kids. If those deals had been put in place not a single person on here would have moaned I bet.

But because Partick Thistle have been somewhat greedy, they're now getting a backlash.

That is a very good point

Right, if it costs £8000 to host a match, then they need 667 paying punters at £12 to break even.  If they had 667 paying punters the first time around, paying £20, then they have already made £5340 profit on this match.

Therefore, in order to 'break even' over the fixture and rearranged fixture, they are short of £2660, or £4 each for the 667 punters the seem to be expecting.

Cannae go to rearranged fixture so if anyone wants my Complimentary ticket -they can.

Me and a couple of mates from Edinburgh contemplating going through to this, none of whom were at the original game. Any unused 'complimentary' vouchers would be most welcomed.

I am up on Saturday for Midden game and would take it off your hands if still available.

Likewise, anybody else with vouchers that will be unused :cool:

What gets me is their charter. It states free entry if the game is abandoned before kick off and half time, not before half time.

Granted it is very poorly worded and there is some ambiguity there.

Where there is no ambiguity is where it states that vouchers will be issued if the 2nd half has started. Clearly this never happened.

I wonder what trading standards would make of this as they are clearly going against their own T&C's.

What gets me is their charter. It states free entry if the game is abandoned before kick off and half time, not before half time.

Granted it is very poorly worded and there is some ambiguity there.

Where there is no ambiguity is where it states that vouchers will be issued if the 2nd half has started. Clearly this never happened.

I wonder what trading standards would make of this as they are clearly going against their own T&C's.

Yes but the 2 options in the charter cover: abandoned prior to half time and abandoned in the second half. No mention at all of what they woudl do if abandoned during the half time break.

Someone mentioned a Hibs game taht got abandoned, I can remember a motherwell match but not Hibs and I think Saints reduced the gate prices significantly for the replay.

Yes but the 2 options in the charter cover: abandoned prior to half time and abandoned in the second half. No mention at all of what they woudl do if abandoned during the half time break.

Someone mentioned a Hibs game taht got abandoned, I can remember a motherwell match but not Hibs and I think Saints reduced the gate prices significantly for the replay.

12th Feb 2000 - Saints-Hibs abandoned at half-time with the score 0-0. (http://www.grange.demon.co.uk/saints/reps9900/hibs3.htm)

Rumours at the time that the announcement didnt come until the end of the half-time interval so that Saints werent left with loads of unsold pies

According to the Temple archives admission for rearranged fixture was reduced to  '£5 and £1 a big crowd is expected'. SPFL archive says there was over 8000 there (but it also lists HT score as 0-0 so may not be reliable).