Saints V Aberdeen. Slc Semi-Final. Sat 1St Feb.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Saints fans are pathetic, When Tommy took over yous all insisted that he was the brains behind Steve Lomas but all because 1 or 2 bad results you's have suddenly turned against him.

Still in the top 6 of the league, and still going strong in the Scottish Cup. Went one further in the Europa League than what we done when Lomas was in charge also with Lomas in charge we never reached a Semi-Final in either cup competition and Tommy has done it within 6 months. Where was this level of hate for Del after the 3-0 Semi-Final when he was in charge?If anything the Aberdeen side we faced on Saturday was a much tougher opposition than the Motherwell side we lost to that day.

Haven't seen much "hatred" for Tommy.  A few saying he made mistakes on Saturday, but certainly not hatred.

Saints fans are pathetic, When Tommy took over yous all insisted that he was the brains behind Steve Lomas but all because 1 or 2 bad results you's have suddenly turned against him.

Still in the top 6 of the league, and still going strong in the Scottish Cup. Went one further in the Europa League than what we done when Lomas was in charge also with Lomas in charge we never reached a Semi-Final in either cup competition and Tommy has done it within 6 months. Where was this level of hate for Del after the 3-0 Semi-Final when he was in charge?If anything the Aberdeen side we faced on Saturday was a much tougher opposition than the Motherwell side we lost to that day.

You're not helping yourself here. I'm very much in agreement, I think the stick Tommy is taking is rediculous. His budget's been cut by a fair amount since last season and Lomas had a better squad a depth. Tommy Wright is fine, people forget the season under McInnes where we only scored 20 odd goals. Give me this season over that one any day of the week. We'er becom,ing a bit unreaslistic at times and that is the pitfalls of recent success, it makes supporters expect more. I'm loving every minute of saints at the moment (Saturday aside) absolutely anything can happen and it's great.

Back to you Dylan, yes some of the abuse towards you and the YT is unwarranted, but you've got to grow up a bit as well. Leading off a post with 'Saints fans are pathetic' is asking for trouble. We as a collection are all the same, some show it in different ways and react in different ways. I wasn't angry on Saturday, which you seem to be. I was hurting and upset, people deal with it differently. I'm sure you do like saints and are knowledgable enough about the game to make [positive comments on the forum and twitter. That said I'm wondering if you don't like playing the pantomime victim here, any attention is good attention, etc. Hell I get abuse all the time on here and P&B, I don't take it personally, maybe a different approach is needed, cause the defensive, aggression isn't the way forwayd IMO.

Just my thoughts, but worth considering. None of us want to turn away fans or alienate folk.

Couldn't agree more Dylan. Folk still sticking up for Lomas when we have continued to play at a similar level to last season, despite reduced resources and (in my opinion) some improved opposition, and his incredible success at Millwall beggar belief.

What does his performance at Milwall have to do with anything? Nobody has to stick up for Lomas, his record does that itself.

What does his performance at Milwall have to do with anything? Nobody has to stick up for Lomas, his record does that itself.

At Saints he did great, in partnership with Tommy Wright.  Tommy Wright has continued to achieve a similar level of success with a smaller budget, Lomas has moved on without Tommy and made an absolute idiot of himself both in terms of his attitude and his performance with massively increased resources.  

People saying that Lomas was the brains behind the operation last season and that Tommy is useless on his own are utterly delusional in my opinion.  

There will always be morons that think the sun shone out of Lomas' arse though.  Good for them.

well said.

as a high profile fan you will get used to the vitriol directed at you wether warranted or not.

At Saints he did great, in partnership with Tommy Wright. Tommy Wright has continued to achieve a similar level of success with a smaller budget, Lomas has moved on without Tommy and made an absolute idiot of himself both in terms of his attitude and his performance with massively increased resources.

People saying that Lomas was the brains behind the operation last season and that Tommy is useless on his own are utterly delusional in my opinion.

There will always be morons that think the sun shone out of Lomas' arse though. Good for them.

Del failed at Bristol city, must be a shite manager. Coyle failed at Bolton/Wigan. Shite manager. Great logic.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick on your second point, people have been saying Tommy was the brains behind the operation not the other way about. In reality it was lomas team and giving the assistant manager 100 % credit for the results is extremely bizarre and just shows people blinded by the press reports and rumours about Lomas than his actual performance for Saints, which was that of the most successful manager in our history.

There will always be morons who can't credit somebody because of their narrow minded opinions on their character. Good for them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Saints-Aberdeen though, and it's coming across as if I'm anti Wright when that is nowhere near the case.

Its time for the post mortem to finish.

As supporters we cannot continue to blame players we do not like and see our favourites with blue coloured glasses that makes us think they can do no wrong.

The group of players and backroom staff are a team and on Saturday we were as a team not up to the job - end of story.

They will like us supporters be hurting and it  is up to them to use this as motivation and a spur to again gel as a unit whilst us supporters who would not last 2 minutes in a professional game or training session need to give them the support that we can from the terraces.

Del failed at Bristol city, must be a shite manager. Coyle failed at Bolton/Wigan. Shite manager. Great logic.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick on your second point, people have been saying Tommy was the brains behind the operation not the other way about. In reality it was lomas team and giving the assistant manager 100 % credit for the results is extremely bizarre and just shows people blinded by the press reports and rumours about Lomas than his actual performance for Saints, which was that of the most successful manager in our history.

There will always be morons who can't credit somebody because of their narrow minded opinions on their character. Good for them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Saints-Aberdeen though, and it's coming across as if I'm anti Wright when that is nowhere near the case.

For the avoidance of doubt, it wasn't your posts that I was referring to when I said the morons who thing the sun shone out of Lomas' arse.  At least you have an opinion not entirely blinkered beyond reason.  I don't think we would have got where we did last season without Lomas, but I genuinely believe that the way he treated certain players towards the end of the season in particular, we would have seen a greater drop in form this season, and would have struggled to get some of the folk in that we have, all justified with constant whining about budget cuts.  At least TW can take criticism on the chin and move on. 

Dylan that is very true.

I think what we get after every most semi final defeats is a period where everyone is deflated having been built up so much over the lead up to the semi.

None of us would have disagreed with the defence that Tommy played on Saturday and most of us were happy with the line up generally. individual errors cost us not Tommy Wright.

whats this got to do with anything?

Dylan you made a post on Saturday slagging the fans and the team etc saying wveryone was shite. You then never posted until today. 

I dont think the fans were shite on Saturday. I like others on here have backed your young crew up and asked others to get off your back. But on Saturday things happened which crossed the line and make it impossible to defend yous anymore.

Please continue to support the team and give them the superb backing that you have but as for the losers that are breaking seats or running on to the pitch etc lose them.  Not trying to sound patronising but your last post showed that you are not a dafty and that you love Saints, don't let that  cause if you fly with the crows you get shot with the crows.

I'll be there on Saturday to support the team. What's done is done and I personally don't see any point in running through every detail with a fine tooth comb looking for someone to blame. At the end of the day, you win some, you loose some.

Slightly of topic but quite looking forward to my first visit to Station park this weekend, should be a good day out and fully intent to get behind the team and have a good sing song.

People really are missing the point.

I don't think anyone has said Tommy Wright is a manger, nor have they said "Lomas was better".

also posts about people slagging off players because they dont like them is nonsense as well.

The points people are making is they feel players are not good enough for this level, its nothing personal. All based on watching them play, week in week out.

Also Dylan you can make your point about people slagging of the manager after a few poor results but am I not right in saying after Lomas lost a few games you had a "Lomas Out" Banner at a home game against Killie? 

A few people saying Wright has got it wrong is a bit different to saying we have turned against him...