Ibrox Semi-Finals

candalan

Exactly. And I've just read that their replay could be put back til as late as Monday 24th March, as the original date of Tuesday 18th clashes with the Champions league.

Doesn't give us much time to make arrangements

But The The aren't in the champions league, are they :confused:  ??

(insert sarcasm smiley) :roll:

The decision to play the semis at Ibrokes has already been made (wrongly and far too soon in my opinion). We must now stick with decision and maybe half empty stadiums will make the SFA realise Scottish football does not revolve around the old squirm. CMON the Rovers in the replay, I would quite happily go through to NDP to support The Wee Rovers if I thought none of my money was going to Sevco. Unfortunately I will miss the semi as I am on holiday when that takes place (only the second semi I have missed in 40+ years of following Saints) never the less I will make sure a small corner of Lanzarote knows all about Saints.

The decision to play the semis at Ibrokes has already been made (wrongly and far too soon in my opinion). We must now stick with decision and maybe half empty stadiums will make the SFA realise Scottish football does not revolve around the old squirm. CMON the Rovers in the replay, I would quite happily go through to NDP to support The Wee Rovers if I thought none of my money was going to Sevco. Unfortunately I will miss the semi as I am on holiday when that takes place (only the second semi I have missed in 40+ years of following Saints) never the less I will make sure a small corner of Lanzarote knows all about Saints.

Not to mention the Rovers if they win eh?

according to the bbc yesterday utd have been told their allocation depending on opponents.

wonder what ours is or are the famous being given the entire stadium

I reckon they wont be bringing more than 15k because the first train into queens street from Aberdeen isn't unti 12.15 i am being told. I think this whole waiting to hear what your allocation is depending on opponents business is a load of toss, give each team the same amount, make it fair as possible and if it isn't enough for the other team then tough shit. I realise football is a business but these cup semis and stuff should not favour another team by the amount of fans they are allowed. I think the whole 40,000 Aberdeen fans going to Inverness 7,000 fans today absolutely pathetic to be fair, I know some will say it will look better on TV but whats wrong with playing a final at a more neutral venue like Tynecastle and making a bit fairer on fans?

Edited by Saint.Justin

I reckon they wont be bringing more than 15k because the first train into queens street from Aberdeen isn't unti 12.15 i am being told. I think this whole waiting to hear what your allocation is depending on opponents business is a load of toss, give each team the same amount, make it fair as possible and if it isn't enough for the other team then tough shit. I realise football is a business but these cup semis and stuff should not favour another team by the amount of fans they are allowed. I think the whole 40,000 Aberdeen fans going to Inverness 7,000 fans today absolutely pathetic to be fair, I know some will say it will look better on TV but whats wrong with playing a final at a more neutral venue like Tynecastle and making a bit fairer on fans?

Sensibility dosent come into it

I agree with the majority of your post, but it's not fair to punish Aberdeen fans for the fact ICT can only muster 7000.

What does it matter? They are a relatively new club. There are so many people up here still bitter about Caley and Thistles merger too. Most people I know and meet up here are not from the Highlands and already have a team, plus there is a very large OF following up here. I don't know why people feel the need to slag off supports (we certainly can't) it's not important and has no reflection on whether you deserve to win or not. Let's instead congratulate the 7500 who travelled.

What does it matter? They are a relatively new club. There are so many people up here still bitter about Caley and Thistles merger too. Most people I know and meet up here are not from the Highlands and already have a team, plus there is a very large OF following up here. I don't know why people feel the need to slag off supports (we certainly can't) it's not important and has no reflection on whether you deserve to win or not. Let's instead congratulate the 7500 who travelled.

It was a general question out off interest, certainly dont need a lecture from you.

Only? 7500 is bloody fantastic for a club less than 20 years old.

I meant in comparison to Aberdeen. Obviously a good showing, considering it's a Sunday with transport problems etc, no matter what the Sportscene team may have to say on the matter. My post was in relation to locking out 30000 Aberdeen fans to even it up.