Gary Macdonald

Broon

Does Gary MacDonald deserve to start for saints?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He was one of the better performers, got stuck in and played it out from the back. Find it bizarre people say Millars the one running the midfield on his own, considering he quite often ends up miles from where he should be leaving McDonald on his own in the centre. Showed why TW has so much faith in him tonight anyway

The worry is guys like Lappin and Muzz come straight back in next week and everything is unsettled once again. I think Wright has to give these guys some credit and let this team play against Dundee. They fought hard for the win tonight, for each other and for the fans. They absolutely burst a bloody gut in that second half.

The worry is guys like Lappin and Muzz come straight back in next week and everything is unsettled once again. I think Wright has to give these guys some credit and let this team play against Dundee. They fought hard for the win tonight, for each other and for the fans. They absolutely burst a bloody gut in that second half.

Agree. If there are no injuries he has to start with that team.

If we showed as much fight in other games this season or on tuesday as we did in second half we would be winning more than we lose.

Couldn't believe it when he fouled a couple of players then nearly got in a fight. Closest he's got to the opposition since he came here. Thought he was completely anonymous in the first half, had only a dozen touches. 2nd half he was much better and competed well and had a chance to score.

I agree we seem better when he plays. No idea why though as he touches the ball about 5% as much as Chris Millar. Odd.

I think individually Muzz is a better player Montrose, but the midfield has a much more disciplined shape when macdonald plays.

He's maybe one of those players you tell to do a certain job and he sticks exactly to that, where Muzz is a bit more unpredictable.

You are spot on. McDonald holds position and does the job asked of him, leaving the three other midfielders to do theirs. I am not saying he's a better player than Murray Davidson, clearly that's not the case. However Muzz is very guilty of chasing the ball all over the place and getting in other players way. We lose our shape, gaps open up and other teams have been exploiting that for weeks. I thought we were better once McDonald came on on Tuesday night and I thought the same thing last night. Millar and McDonald have a better understanding of each other as well. Keep them in there, I say!

I don't dislike McDonald at all he is a decent if unglamorous option for the team and as mentioned above sticks to the job given which gives the team a better shape and discipline. In fairness we have been sorely lacking discipline and shape for a few weeks now and were are now making progress towards being difficult to beat again.

My only observation of McDonald is he is a nearly player. As in nearly there to make a tackle, block or interception but not quite. If it is deliberate on his part it is a hell of a skill...

Finally TW must of told him to get in Motherwells faces in the second half, great to watch as it was executed with all the subtlety missing

Couldn't believe it when he fouled a couple of players then nearly got in a fight. Closest he's got to the opposition since he came here. Thought he was completely anonymous in the first half, had only a dozen touches. 2nd half he was much better and competed well and had a chance to score.

I agree we seem better when he plays. No idea why though as he touches the ball about 5% as much as Chris Millar. Odd.

On Friday there was a point where a knackered Chris Millar chased down the ball and tried to put a bit of pressure on one of Motherwells defenders. MacDonald quickly moved into the centre of the pitch between both of their central midfielders and clearly was keeping an eye on both guys. Davidson would unlikely ever do anything like that. It's little things like that, that go unnoticed by most but can make a huge difference to your team.

Tommy and Callum spoke to Easton on the touch line at a break in play just before we scored. 1st goal and he ran straight to Midge and Mcdonald. Pointing and passingvon instructions to those two players,definitely some sort of tweek to tactics

"The Boss says that thing doon there wi the two white posts and a white bar across the top is called a goal.  We are supposed to be trying to put that round thing you are hoofing about in it same as Motherwell did about 20 minutes ago.  Have you f-----g got that"!