Cup Final Song

Broon

I hope the song released tomorrow isn't along the lines of "Hasselbaink on the wing, played the ball to Wotherspoon" etc... Needs to be something that can be used for years to come.

In regards to cup final songs, I think the Gary/Chrissy Miller chant to the tune of the toure chant is a must. 15 thousand perthites bouncing aff there rocker.

Hello! As you may have heard, my band The Shrugs will be releasing St Johnstone's cup final song tomorrow. It is called Fair Maid and will be immediately available for download. For those who are not on Twitter/Facebook, I'll post a link on here with instructions on where/how to download a copy if you like the song. Even if you're not a fan of it (and I won't be offended if you aren't!), half of any money made will go to Saints' Youth Development fund.

In response to livi saint's post, I can assure you it's nothing like that! In fact, the lyrics don't actually mention any player by name, whether past or present.

I've been a bit nervous about this for a while now, as it maybe doesn't follow the traditional formula of cup final songs. Maybe if we had reached many Scottish Cup finals already, I would have considered something with more of a novelty/comedic approach.

However, I thought a different approach would be more suitable considering this is our debut in the Scottish Cup final.

Hope you enjoy it! COYS.

Thank you very much! I'm surprised, but flattered, to have received a number of positive messages about the track before I've even officially launched it. Definitely not used to this!

I was planning to keep it under wraps until about 4pm and then release it on YouTube, but I don't think there's any chance that will happen now! I reckon I'll just post up the full song on YouTube tomorrow morning so people can have the opportunity to listen to the whole thing before deciding to buy. A little music video will also come in the next week or so.

Just listened to your song on the way into work, TRS. Good work, lad. I think most of us could probably empathise with a lot of the lyrics, particularly the bit about a woman telling you to sort out your priorities! Well worth a few pennies of people's money.

bandcamp link here http://theshrugsdundee.bandcamp.com/

Lord knows how you link to itunes, but just search for the shrugs.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fair-maid-single/id871123463

Once they click the link beside the song ittakes you into itunes. 

"View in Itunes" one

Edited by PerthSeany