Cup Final Jersey

outatimecow

The original contract was a 3 year deal signed at the start of 10/11 which would have ended 12/13 sugesting taht there was a new deal signed at the start of this season, Unfortunately I cant find anything about it.

Surprising that Joma have started a sale of all training gear and tracksuits when the dmand is going to be there for them in the coming weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The deal expires at the end of season 14/15, but it is being looked at renewing the agreement. 

Utterly pointless!

Some people just like a moan...

It's a one-off shirt to commemorate the occasion. Saints fans will get the chance to buy something to mark the day (which lots of fans want to do) and the club have capitalized on the interest by making money from selling the shirts. I know that I will look forward to owning a shirt specifically produced for the day that Saints (hopefully hopefully hopefully) lift the Scottish Cup. 

Edited by sjfcsteve

I am sure the club would have loved to have designed something a bit more special for the cup final, however with the short timescale they had to get something which was easy to produce in time. I think they could have done better with the photogrpahy as I do not think the quality of the photo really sells the shirt.

Edited by saint5588

It's a one-off shirt to commemorate the occasion. Saints fans will get the chance to buy something to mark the day (which lots of fans want to do) and the club have capitalized on the interest by making money from selling the shirts. I know that I will look forward to owning a shirt specifically produced for the day that Saints (hopefully hopefully hopefully) lift the Scottish Cup. 

Bang on Steve.  The negativity that surfaces on this forum at some times - even in these heady days for our wee club - never ceases to amaze me.  Personally, I like it - clean and simple - and with words on it that I had given up on ever seeing on a Saints jersey!

COYS

Jim

On the contrary Steve, I see no problem with a one off shirt. What I see as pointless is the fact that they have brought out an inferior top to the one we would have been wearing anyway. The design is a poor version of the product we currently use and by the looks of it the quality lacks as well. If they are going to bring out a one off top for the final then at least come up with something completely different so that people that have already forked out £40 odd for this seasons will be tempted to do so again! That thing does not tempt me to do so whatsoever, cup final or not.

Edited by SaintDougie

You know just because you support a team it doesn't mean you have to like everything they do.

There is a difference between "not liking" and thinking something is "Utterly pointless" because you don't like it when in actual fact the point is clear for all to see.

Anyway, I don't care. I can't stop smiling that I will be wearing a top associated with St.Johnstone that has the words "Scottish Cup Final" on it. It's still sinking in that it's actually happening!

I think it's a great idea, just underwhelmed with the shirt itself. A missed opportunity to do something really memorable (1960's style retro effort/St Johnstone tartan shirt/old style badge etc). I'd be a bit hacked off if I'd pre-ordered a 40 quid t-shirt then found out that you have to squint to tell the difference between it and one I already own.

A minor gripe though, they could play in Dundee shirts and I wouldn't care as long as they win!

On the contrary Steve, I see no problem with a one off shirt. What I see as pointless is the fact that they have brought out an inferior top to the one we would have been wearing anyway. The design is a poor version of the product we currently use and by the looks of it the quality lacks as well. If they are going to bring out a one off top for the final then at least come up with something completely different so that people that have already forked out £40 odd for this seasons will be tempted to do so again! That thing does not tempt me to do so whatsoever, cup final or not.

Fair enough, you don't like it. Although that is a matter of taste.

Due to it being a stock Joma shirt, I would say the quality will be exactly the same as the current shirt. 

Also, due to the very short time frames involved, Saints could not commission a custom design that would be produced in high enough quantity to allow it to be sold to fans before the cup final. They were even struggling to get enough away shirts in at the start of the season.

If you are not tempted by it, then don't buy it. Many, many people will be tempted by it however and that is what means this is not utterly pointless.

If Saints did not produce a one-off cup final shirt, people may think it is an opportunity missed by the club. I applaud the club for acting so quickly and getting this shirt commissioned and into the shops so quickly.

Whatever we will be wearing, COYS!

Fair enough, you don't like it. Although that is a matter of taste.

Due to it being a stock Joma shirt, I would say the quality will be exactly the same as the current shirt. 

Also, due to the very short time frames involved, Saints could not commission a custom design that would be produced in high enough quantity to allow it to be sold to fans before the cup final. They were even struggling to get enough away shirts in at the start of the season.

If you are not tempted by it, then don't buy it. Many, many people will be tempted by it however and that is what means this is not utterly pointless.

If Saints did not produce a one-off cup final shirt, people may think it is an opportunity missed by the club. I applaud the club for acting so quickly and getting this shirt commissioned and into the shops so quickly.

Whatever we will be wearing, COYS!

Actually the quality of this seasons top in comparison to previous is far superior so there may be a difference. Personally I was just hoping that it would be this season top with the embroidery which would still be a one off for fans to purchase in it's own right. Granted maybe stating it was Utterly pointless is not what I was trying to say however I do feel they have missed a trick here with something that to me looks like a cheap knock off of something many people already own. Maybe I'll just take this seasons to a haberdashery shop and have the words stitched on, cheaper and it'll look better.

On a different note, how many clubs have done this in the past?

ST JOHNSTONE v WILLIAM HILL , May 17

WELL DONE TO THE CLUB FOR CAPITALISING.........

now to moan :)

1. the badge is bogging - sort that fuzzy felt thing out

2. Why does it say "William Hill..." and Not Dundee United v St Johnstone ....then the date, venue etc. (was the embrodiary done by a local firm ...Ans. yes!)

Ok-ish bits

3. It is an ok shirt. They have been smart and kept the collar design which is a fav with people.

4. When we win, can i take it back and get a wee star above the badge, for winner :)

Basically it is not the most exciting shirt, and all the old things that get moaning about are still there.... namely fuzzy felt badge.

Oh, i am very very surprised they didn't sell the sponsorship on the front to another firm, on a one off basis (not sure they are permitted to do this, but could have been cool).

10156044_878512048841068_415852839946427

Edited by MySpazz

I doubt they can. If you sign an agreement for a "shirt sponsor". Its a shirt. You cant really go well actually for this game we have decided to replace you as our shirt sponsor to make more money from another company & you.  

Doesn't matter what the game is there an agreement in place. 

Oh, i am very very surprised they didn't sell the sponsorship on the front to another firm, on a one off basis (not sure they are permitted to do this, but could have been cool).

I'm just hoping the shirt does itself more justice than the picture of it. It looks like there are white lines running down the side of it but overall it is pretty plain. Not sure why we didn't just stick with our home kit with some embroidery on it, it's not as if the Cup Final strip is a dramatic change from what we already have. I would have liked to have seen something unique celebrating our history but I understand the timelines involved.

ST JOHNSTONE v WILLIAM HILL , May 17

WELL DONE TO THE CLUB FOR CAPITALISING.........

now to moan :)

1. the badge is bogging - sort that fuzzy felt thing out

2. Why does it say "William Hill..." and Not Dundee United v St Johnstone ....then the date, venue etc. (was the embrodiary done by a local firm ...Ans. yes!)

Ok-ish bits

3. It is an ok shirt. They have been smart and kept the collar design which is a fav with people.

4. When we win, can i take it back and get a wee star above the badge, for winner :)

Basically it is not the most exciting shirt, and all the old things that get moaning about are still there.... namely fuzzy felt badge.

10156044_878512048841068_415852839946427

You selling any how much   :wink:

Always like a plain shirt, so quite happy with it. Agree about the badge though, think it's a much poorer version than the original with just the eagle crest and no circle round it.

I wondered if the circle is cheaper and easier to produce.

----------------------------------

We have a winner, it is indeed used as its cheaper and also quicker for them to produce. Some of you will notice that the away shirts this season have different badges - the first batch were embroidered, and further deliveries came with the iron-on badge.