We Are All Andy5565!

rik2304

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Walk a mile in his shoes before you judge him

But if he has been issuing threats via PM , even I cant defend that.

------

Agreed.

Indeed. Andy had alot of caring sentiment in what he posted. To ban somene seems very intolerant.

Did anyone take his threats seriously.............those on the end of the threats, ask yourself: what was your part in it.

------

Agreed.

Indeed. Andy had alot of caring sentiment in what he posted. To ban somene seems very intolerant.

Did anyone take his threats seriously.............those on the end of the threats, ask yourself: what was your part in it.

----------

no, I didn't take his threat seriously at all. Didn't bother me in the slightest. I just blocked him. Just thought he was a pain. Still do. As for my part in it, I asked him to stop hijacking a thread where I was trying to get some info from people, which I think is reasonable.

----------

no, I didn't take his threat seriously at all. Didn't bother me in the slightest. I just blocked him. Just thought he was a pain. Still do. As for my part in it, I asked him to stop hijacking a thread where I was trying to get some info from people, which I think is reasonable.

so you were trying to control him.

I am quite upset about this.

If you had followed Andy's history over the past few years on WAP some of you might have a little more understanding and sympathy. It is strange as it is a forum but on the opposite side I have been lucky enough to meet many people in person that I never probably would havnt if I didnt post on here (and many long before May 17). So lets say 90% good luck, 10% bad luck. Andy is one of these posters that is "hard work". I havnt met him in person. I have never found his posts abusive personally. Sometimes it is best knowing his character and respond accordingly.

Now I know he went of at a tangent with Kojak this week and I PM'd Andy to ask him to stop. Andy was obviously in a bad place last week. I will PM Kojak after this to try to explain.

Andy has some issues. This forum, I am sure makes his life better. If you really think after 12,000 posts it is about football then that is fine. Andy might not be your 100% stereotypical st johnstone fan. But If you do have a family member or a friend who has issues and sometimes doesn't quite fit in because its embarissing/has issues/hard work.....think of Andy5565.

I noticed this week he had gone quiet, I worried he had done something bad to himself.....the reaction on here was to ban him.

How sad :sad:

I am quite upset about this.

If you had followed Andy's history over the past few years on WAP some of you might have a little more understanding and sympathy. It is strange as it is a forum but on the opposite side I have been lucky enough to meet many people in person that I never probably would havnt if I didnt post on here (and many long before May 17). So lets say 90% good luck, 10% bad luck. Andy is one of these posters that is "hard work". I havnt met him in person. I have never found his posts abusive personally. Sometimes it is best knowing his character and respond accordingly.

Now I know he went of at a tangent with Kojak this week and I PM'd Andy to ask him to stop. Andy was obviously in a bad place last week. I will PM Kojak after this to try to explain.

Andy has some issues. This forum, I am sure makes his life better. If you really think after 12,000 posts it is about football then that is fine. Andy might not be your 100% stereotypical st johnstone fan. But If you do have a family member or a friend who has issues and sometimes doesn't quite fit in because its embarissing/has issues/hard work.....think of Andy5565.

I noticed this week he had gone quiet, I worried he had done something bad to himself.....the reaction on here was to ban him.

How sad :sad:

100% agree Athens

Oh good, another one of these threads-the same after any time someone is banned.

Jamie, it was nice to meet you at pre-cup final eve at Barossa. I think you do a fantastic job on moderating this site and cannot believe you were so patient with that c*nt 101 before doing the needful. On this occasion, I politely ask you to re-consider on this occasion. I am quite willing to moderate and maybe oor ANDY5565 can reserect himself and be better behaved. CANTONA remains a hero, ANDY has the potential to do the same. I am just asking politely as I really think this site has a soul.  

Edited by AthensSaint

Jamie, it was nice to meet you at pre-cup final eve at Barossa. I think you do a fantastic job on moderating this site and cannot believe you were so patient with that c*nt 101 before doing the needful. On this occasion, I politely ask you to re-consider on this occasion. I am quite willing to moderate and maybe oor ANDY5565 can reserect himself and be better behaved. CANTONA remains a hero, ANDY has the potential to do the same. I am just asking politely as I really think this site has a soul.  

Well I cannot remember when I last blocked anyone and tbh I would struggle to recall how to do it! The annoying thing about blocking is that you can still see their posts in a quote. Andy was no Cantona and lived in a fantasy world, smoking whatever he said he smoked and posted a load of nonsense under that influence. Sorry Athens but I see no potential.

I was on the receiving end of a few of Andy's threats last week over PM, I didn't report him for it, I just asked in a thread for clarification from MODS on what the rules are on threatening people.

From what i've read here it obviously wasn't an isolotated incident, so I dont suppose he can have many complaints about getting punted.

Not to worry though, he assured me he will be in Perth in the very near future where he intends to follow through with his threats of violence against me, as apparently he knows who I am............ :roll:

What amazes me is that it going by his profile it states he is a 49 year old man.   I just cant get my head around a 49 year old adult actually threatening people on an internet football forum.  Baffles me. :?

------

Agreed.

I had the downright temerity to reply to one of his many inane ramblings with 'Absolute drivel'.

I then received a PM telling me to shut it, he knows who I am and he will be in Perth shortly where he will fully intend on seeking me out, and that he wasn't threatening me as his threats are more like promises. :?

Yeah I definitely feel I played a part in his demise.  :roll:

I was on the receiving end of a few of Andy's threats last week over PM, I didn't report him for it, I just asked in a thread for clarification from MODS on what the rules are on threatening people.

From what i've read here it obviously wasn't an isolotated incident, so I dont suppose he can have many complaints about getting punted.

Not to worry though, he assured me he will be in Perth in the very near future where he intends to follow through with his threats of violence against me, as apparently he knows who I am............ :roll:

What amazes me is that it going by his profile it states he is a 49 year old man.   I just cant get my head around a 49 year old adult actually threatening people on an internet football forum.  Baffles me. :?

Can I apologise on his behalf. I have a couple friends who have suffered similar phases in their life (and they are f*cking hard work). I am pretty confident, if he did meet you after all these "threats"..he would most likely buy you a pint if he could afford it. Kojak, you are a sound poster on here and very much didnt deserve another poster threatning you like that. I bet he felt 100 x worse than you when he read it all the next morning :sad:  

And this is why his 'back story' has no relevance to him being allowed to remain on here. Yes, it is correct to care about his wellbeing if you feel you somehow know him, and it would be nice to think that someone on here could offer him help in any way possible

But, how would you feel if an obviously unstable ex military guy was threatening to follow through on threats of violence?

Can I apologise on his behalf. I have a couple friends who have suffered similar phases in their life (and they are f*cking hard work). I am pretty confident, if he did meet you after all these "threats"..he would most likely buy you a pint if he could afford it. Kojak, you are a sound poster on here and very much didnt deserve another poster threatning you like that. I bet he felt 100 x worse than you when he read it all the next morning :sad:  

Thats cool Athens, I haven't taken it personally at all and pretty much just laughed it off, and as I said, I didn't report him to MODS and I haven't even voted in this Poll.  I would have absolutely no problem if he was allowed to return.  Although it does sound like maybe the guy has got more deep rooted problems that you are alluding to, which in itself is a shame.  Hopefully he gets better soon.

The mans posts really didnt put me up nor down,although i never blocked him i would just skip over most of his posts. At times they were very obscure and senseless,which to me were the writtings of someone with issues, although i certainly dont claim to be an expert in such matters.I do remember some of his earlier posts where he claimed to be ex military and talked about killing people with his bare hands plus his way of dishing out street justice as a vigilante,bizzare indeed.But im not here to kick a guy when he's down,i never saw any of his threats etc to be honest but the moderators have a job to do manning the site.Its sounds like they were justified in this ban