Spartak Trnava V Saints

glenrothes saintee

Is O'Halloran fit after getting injured in the testimonial? 

Is Millar fit after getting subbed off in the home leg?

I think O'Halloran and Wotherspoon caused more problems than Croft in the home leg so would start him in the bench.

Think we need to start with 2 up top and go for it with the wide men running at their full backs.

Mannus

McKay   Scobbie    Wright    Easton

O'Halloran   Millar   Brown   Wotherspoon

May     MacLean

Is O'Halloran fit after getting injured in the testimonial? 

Is Millar fit after getting subbed off in the home leg?

I think O'Halloran and Wotherspoon caused more problems than Croft in the home leg so would start him in the bench.

Think we need to start with 2 up top and go for it with the wide men running at their full backs.

Mannus

McKay   Scobbie    Wright    Easton

O'Halloran   Millar   Brown   Wotherspoon

May     MacLean

Like this but if Ando is fit would consider him at the back because of his set set piece goals in the second half of last season especially in cup ties.

Edited by Norsaint

Is it just me or are we always mince when playing 4-5-1? I've never witnessed it work. We always look completely lost.

Last week we tried it with a guy who's natural game is to drop deeper towards the midfield to collect the ball and link play. It's infuriating. I know May was injured but Kane could have started up top, or O'Halloran alongside MacLean.

Last week I felt we showed them FAR too much respect. They had a few very decent players and their fluid movement was dangerous amongst the midfield and forwards but we let them dominate the game by defending 20 yards from Mannus' goal line until they went 0-2 ahead which played completely to their strengths. The boys should have been motivated, there was no excuse for the pedestrian pace shown last week.

I felt like we were playing a Slovak Dundee Utd at the time. I thought the young boy with bleached hair looked a player, as did their number 6 but they look beatable.

To get through this we need press hard and high like we do against United. Frazer Wright really struggled to deal with their attackers and I'd personally have Mackay at RB and Anderson and Scobbie in the middle. Obviously this won't happen. At the game I actually thought Wright took a kick at the goal scorer when the first went in but I haven't seen any highlights.

Hope everyone attending has a ball and Stevie May shows that he can match Gary MacDonald's title as best player.

I think we've done ok with 4-5-1 at times... second half of Cup Semi win being the obvious one. 

The first half v Spartak we had Spoony playing just off Maclean until it was swapped just before half-time which wasn't working at all.  Think Spoony looks much better wide, and O'Halloran better in the middle, though last week wasn't Mickey O's best game to be fair.

O'Halloran started wide left last week with Wotherspoon behind Maclean which didn't work. Wotherspoon looked lost and O'Halloran wasn't chasing back and tackling. Once Wright changed it I thought Wotherspoon was our best player in the 2nd half, giving their captain a torrid time.

I though Wright kicked out/stamped a few times, especially at their first goal. Was quite a dirty performance by Saints, something I've never seen to that degree before. I imagine its because they were annoyed with Spartak's diving and the Saints players wanted to give them something to go down about.

I genuinely believe we can get through this if we attack. Spartak struggled when we did that in the 2nd half last week, and they also lost at the weekend.

Come on Saints, have a go!

O'Halloran was meant to be closer to Maclean , it didn't work . Tommy should've changed it sooner than he did . In my mind he ****ed it up as much as the players did in that first half .

Who told you what O'Haloran should have been doing? Because I think your were fed bum info. In the 451 formation it is the attacking centre midfile player who closley supports the lone forward with the wide players offer options left and right. Unless you are taling about the 10mins he played there at the start of the second half before being replaced by Kane. The TW ****ed it up for 10 mins.

Edited by Inchcolm