Ross County V St Johnstone 10/08/14

Honest Saints Fan

Deserved.

County signed 11 players but still play the same old football. Hoof. Hoof.

Macca works hard. MacDonald I must admit was very good and solid. Brown again superb. Everyone was good.

Some strange refereeing decisions as we have come to expect in Scotland.

Mannus' saves won us the game. Andos silky skills were the highlights... Till he shot.

2-1 Full time.

****ing superb result, obviously have to wait on someone who was there commenting on it, but considering what we've gone through in the last four days its brilliant, especially with it being one of the harder away days in this league. Takes a bit of pressure off us on Wednesday now aswell.

Yeah, lets go for it on wednesday .3point cushion & not expected to get anything from the game.

Just back in Perth

Deserved three points, O'halloran was immense taking on and beating his man and with slightly more end product than we saw last season from him. Maclean held the ball up so well and a cracking header for his goal and although his crossing wasn't great I still thought Wotherspoon had a decent game. Gary Mcdonald was playing a slightly more advanced role than he played last season and despite being one of his biggest critics I have to admit he had a decent game today, he was winning balls in the air and not shirking out of tackles. Chris Millar was his usual self, breaking up play well and driving forward(although his final ball is sometimes poor). Scott Brown looks a cracking player, I never realised how good his long passing was until today, having missed both European games, and he has a strong tackle for such a young lad.

Ross County wern't horrendous but I assume with all the new arrivals it will take a few weeks for them all to gel. The bald defender (Dreesen??) was one of the worst players I have ever seen in the SPL, just brutal. Graham Carey is a player I would have liked Saints to have made a move for in the Summer. 

Bring on Celtic

Well that was just dandy. 3 points away from home  1st game of the season, we score TWO ( amazingly as  we have no Stevie May :wink: ) Team played well, tactics pretty good. Keeper( with a couple of OUTSTANDING saves) and back 4 all played very well. McLean as usual works his socks of and gets a goal his play merited. Midfielders Brown, O'Halloran and MCDONALD were all excellent. Miller  was great in parts but  got caught  too many times in possesion for me and Spoony was  a bit below what I would have likd. Ross County were dogged but I think we just deserved the points and the Ref Mr Clancy was ****ing awful ( for both sides at times)

All in all a great start and one that might have the soothesayers of doom choking on their ovaltine.

Another season of Armageddon beckons..

COYS.. :razz:

To think the team got back from Slovakia on Friday and travelled to a hotel on Saturday to win this game was just brilliant. Must of only had a few hours training in preparation to this game. I'm very sorry to start the Gary MacDonald debate again but definitely think a more more attacking role suits him better with Millar and Brown behind him like today

McDonald really was spot on today as others have said. Infuriating that he can't produce that more often.

Broon is a tremendous player. He'll have his good days and probably the odd bad one at his age but he'll nail down that spot and make it his own.

The County attack in the first half that saw Mannus make two excellent saves either side of a block from, I think Scobbie, was the only period that County had any proper pressure. The second save from Al was out of the top drawer.

Edited by lethamsaintee

What a great day out, Very chilled bus journey up from Barossa. Half hour in the mallard then off to the game. Really enjoyed the game and thought the everyone gave there tuppence ;) really enjoyed it and like waiting to see what spoony or o'halloran is going to pull out the hat when they have the ball.

Thanks to the bus organisers who got me home as close to the house as possible and i never had to drag the kids through the rain

thanks once again

What a great day out, Very chilled bus journey up from Barossa. Half hour in the mallard then off to the game. Really enjoyed the game and thought the everyone gave there tuppence ;) really enjoyed it and like waiting to see what spoony or o'halloran is going to pull out the hat when they have the ball.

Thanks to the bus organisers who got me home as close to the house as possible and i never had to drag the kids through the rain

thanks once again

Mannus is doss

Some excellent  performers today like Scobbie,  Mannus and Macca, but for one so young,  Scott Brown was a standout.

Not afraid to receive the ball in any situation and find team mates with a variety of passes.

Also strong in the tackle and in the air.

Reads the game well.

Deserved victory today.  

Just watched the highlights. Even though County are annoying they did deserve a point out of the game.

Delighted at Mannus again proving he is a top keeper.

May is gone but Macca and O'Halloran step up.

Great to start the campaign with a win, especially at a difficult venue like Dingwall.

Well Done Saints.