Motherwell V Saints. Sat 30Th Aug. 3Pm K-O.

A great result,but not the best performance,seemed very laboured for most of the game.The 3 subs all made an impression,and we livened up a little,great ball from Gary Mac for a good header from Brian Graham baby! Motherwell were poor,never really opened us up at all. 

Edited by dave mc

Great win today great  goal to win it. I thought the ref was an absolute joke I am all for refs keeping up with play but he was getting in the way so often today (for and against both teams) Tam Scobbies booking was an absolute joke. Overall very happy tonight. 

COYS

Wasn't the greatest game of fitba I have ever witnessed but was a  great result. Our defence looked pretty solid but we did not really create many clear cut chances and at times we were a wee bit pedestrian. Subbies all made an inpact though, and BG's header was a peach.  Thought MacLean had one of his poorer games and got little out of the Well centre backs but his supply was not always good, Still looking for more from Spoony as well.

Overall great start with 9/15. Good time for a wee break before we  take on the durty Dees.

COYS.

Oh and  this Well are very poor compared to previous seasons..

Midge has had 2 shots!

I did mention this at tbe time.

One forced the keeper into a decent save, the other..........................

Got into positions where a shot was on, but elected to spray the ball to the wings.

Broony was excellent at breaking up 'Well attacks and setting up counter attacks, before being subbed.

For the fact Midge was on the whole game, he gets my vote.

Easton had the flying winger in his back pocket.

Scobbie battled elbows and legs Sutton who was restricted to one trundler of a shot at Mannus, who had an easy afternoon.

When Crofty went off, having kept the fullback occupied, and O'Halloran came on, with his direct running the writing was on the wall, as the saying goes.

McLean performed manfully against 2 defenders before being replaced by Brian Graham.

Macca having softened them up.

Down to the nitty gritty.

Cross into the box from the right just asking to be attacked.

Cometh the day cometh the hour, Graham gets ahead of his marker to

plant a firm header into the net.

Celebration time, come on.

Unfortuneately he was over- exuberant by running behind the

goal and leaping over the Ad. boards and received a yellow from Mr. Muir ( No, not Ghostie ) Alan Muir.

What a spoil sport.

Well done. Deserved victory AGAIN.

great result before the international break,  just wish midge would hit a shot, three or four times it opened up for him and he looked at other options than attempting to shoot, wish he would just hit it, one will come off, but still another great performance from him today, having a great start to the season.

Great header and determination to get there by Graham looks hungary and wants to prove he is capable at this level, but a lot of poor passes which gave possession away cheaply to Motherwell, who were a shadow of previous years and if we scored early probably would have taken a few of them, but a wins a win

Great header and determination to get there by Graham looks hungary and wants to prove he is capable at this level, but a lot of poor passes which gave possession away cheaply to Motherwell, who were a shadow of previous years and if we scored early probably would have taken a few of them, but a wins a win

Looks more Spain I reckon

I actually enjoyed the game. So many times I ve been to Fir Park recently and saints have been shocking. Brown strolls through games and I cant believe how young he is. It is really frustrating that no-one one wants to have a ping when they get a bit of space. I actually cheered at Spoony's shot near the end even though it hit the corner flag. Great 3 points and a few very good performances out there. Scoobs Midge and MacDonald were great again. At least McLean can get a rest for a few weeks.

I actually enjoyed the game. So many times I ve been to Fir Park recently and saints have been shocking. Brown strolls through games and I cant believe how young he is. It is really frustrating that no-one one wants to have a ping when they get a bit of space. I actually cheered at Spoony's shot near the end even though it hit the corner flag. Great 3 points and a few very good performances out there. Scoobs Midge and MacDonald were great again. At least McLean can get a rest for a few weeks.

Yeah I noticed they very rarely shoot. Don`t know if it is confidence or instructions.

How many times did Mayso get goals with deflections of bodies ?. As the saying goes (if you don`t buy a ticket you won`t win the lottery.).