Partick Thistle V Saints. 25Th October - Must Win

St Mikey

Good result that. Thistle the better team but saints looked dangerous on the break and the game's best chance fell to croft in the first half. Saints much better defensively and Thistle never looked like scoring for all their possession.

Main frustration is McFadden who played right wing once Croft moved to the left, he offered nothing and should of been subbed much earlier than about the 80th minute. Croft was much better on the left though and linked up really well with Lappin. I would of kept him on personally. Millar took a while to get up to speed but was fine once he did, while Davidson wasn't himself at all. Graham is far better with the ball at his feet than I thought he would be, but far worse in the air than I thought he would be.

All in all a decent result and much improved defensively. Having Wright there improves the whole defence and allows Mackay to do his thing at RB.

Started off with a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation but changed it after 20 mins as the midfield was getting overrun.

Croft moving left and Faddie coming in right.

Thought McFadyen did okay until he was subbed after 71 minutes.

big bonus was the defence looking solid with the old Wright Anderson partnership back to normal.

A wee request please can someone that knows what they are doing go in and change Easton's wikkipedia posting so the auld geazer that was behind me cannae keep on shouting the £26m every time he gets the ball. First time was nearly funny but come the 100h it was doing my nut in :)

I thought the defence looked pretty shaky, Mackay especially. A decent team would have scored against us today. Good not to lose but I don't think the performance was much better than against St Mirren or Killie.

We are very very ponderous on the ball. Quick passing drills in training please.

How many more games does Davidson need to get up to speed? Not a sarky question, genuinely don't know how long it should take.

Not much better than last week today. Too many players not upping their game when required - with only 3-4 putting in the effort needed we'll never get the breaks. Thought Grahams booking was a daft one but understand his frustration given the lack of service - little sign of him linking with Faddy either. Lappin was good for us though but Croft barely contributed anything until moved to the left and even then he was left for dead several times when racing with Thistle players.

Defensively MAnnus looked a bit sharper but the players looked nervous. Ando was solid and Easton better than before but I'm getting really worried about Cuptie. He's a club legend and there's no denying the effort he puts in but it seems to me that age is starting to catch up on him.

As for midfield good to see Millar back. Muzz started well but didn't contribute that much and IMHO it should be Brown and Midge starting on Tuesday. Having said that I'm expecting a bad loss on Tuesday but will take it if it means we can get something from the Well game.

How many more games does Davidson need to get up to speed? Not a sarky question, genuinely don't know how long it should take.

Wonder if his problem is subconscious. I had a bad injury playing rugby and after that could never play the same again even though my fitness levels and skills were the same or better than before the injury

I thought that croft worked his socks off today and did a lot defensively.

He did.

The only service he got offensively was long punts towards him. His run for the chance was a belter.

People just seem to have it in for him.

Also to answer regarding muzz. He nevers been able to pass the ball about in midfield etc. He always gives the ball away doing that. good at all things aggressive. That's his game.

Edited by PerthSeany

As requested earlier lets just concentrate on a clean sheet, and see if we sneak a set piece goal. nearly happened with muzz getting a header in and the Partick Keeper making a good save from it. So mission just about completed. The game was terrible though, I can not remember Thistle having a shot on target? we had a few and a gilt edge chance for Croft . anyway onwards and forward, same display against the team hovering on their 2nd administration and we could beat them on penalties.  :razz:       

Must win... didn't win. Thanks to St mirren for equalising v Ross County so none of the 3 teams below us gained any ground! I'm now looking at other scores with more interest of the bottom teams. We are certainly going to have one he'll of a fight to stay in this division. Hope off field problems are resolved soon. It's clear to see something is not right at the club!

A wee request please can someone that knows what they are doing go in and change Easton's wikkipedia posting so the auld geazer that was behind me cannae keep on shouting the £26m every time he gets the ball. First time was nearly funny but come the 100h it was doing my nut in :)

Did you change it and are trying to draw attention to your own "joke". The wiki isn't very funny.

Your spelling of McFadden is criminal, sort your life out

Jiangsu Sainty are you for real.

No I have not amended it and I never knew anything about it until I heard the shouts today.

And for your information my life is fine wee man!!.

Apologies for McFadyen instead of McFadden, they should bring back capital punishment for such a hanis crime.

Edited by mainstand