Danny Swanson

rik2304

If you think about it, his apparent wage demands were £5k a week (£20k a month) if you believe anything on here, we average about 2500 home fans, thats £8 each every month...

Plus you have to add the "clingons" who take what they can from the club and get the freebies - Must be worth thousands !!

As soon as Coventry released him, probably the kiss of death for any deal, why would someone earning so many thousand a week drop his income to what Saints will pay (and no slight on Saints sticking to their budget), in no other job would anyone drop their income by as much each week, unless you didn't have any offers, so only hope that everyone else has spent their budgets. Hibs got a couple in from Celtic Henderson and McGeogh that play midfield, but seem to be on a signing spree and Mr Swanson and family are all staunch Hibees.

saints pay decent basic wages but better bonuses which is working as players want to do the best why o why would st Johnstone change that for one signing saints are a well run club lets keep it That way if the lad Swanson wants to come that's great but we will do it on our terms well done Mr brown and son for keeping saints in the black all this time

Edited by tucker

True Tucker! It would probably cause a bit of bad feeling in the dressing room with players that have accepted that Saints have a wage" structure" that they stick to .!  Then again they have an "Infrastructure"  policy that they dont seem to be sticking to.! Tripped in a pothole at the Motherwell game.! and I was just in the car park,Not on the Pitch.!

Let's face it if he gets an offer from Hibs it's a no brained for him. Better wage and bonuses. Plus Edinburgh is  far superior to Perth in almost, if not all ways of life. 

What a ****ing load of bollocks, I Hate Edinburgh, so much so I will not even look at a job there now, You couldna even park the smallest ever produced city car in that place, Give me good Old Perth ant time.

Edited by Center Half

What a ****ing load of bollocks, I Hate Edinburgh, so much so I will not even look at a job there now, You couldna even park the smallest ever produced city car in that place, Give me good Old Perth ant time. 

I live in Edinburgh and have a drive way that fits 4 cars and plenty of parking. So I don't think that's true at all. Of course the whole of Edinburgh must seem extremely busy and happening to the folk of the "city" of Perth. 

Fwiw that was waaaaay to easy to get bites on.  

Must be a pretty shit driver then!!! :wink:Edinburgh is a great place to live and work. 

Can this get moved to Fitba Chat since he obviously wants to go for the big money than play every week. 

Has the 'can this get moved to ..........' question EVER worked?
Are you a mod?
Does it seriously impact your life whether this is in Saints Chat or not?
Do you actually have anything to back up your claim that he 'wants to go for the big money'?

Hint. The answer to all of these questions is the same.

A wee article in the Coventry press about why Mowbray released Danny, basically couldn't guarantee him a regular game which is what he wanted, and to free up his wages to bring others in.  Seems Mowbray felt Swanson was a bit of a luxury player

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/tony-mowbray-reveals-coventry-city-9991514