Athens Saint

sixties saintee

I do get what you're saying about hindsight, although I take comfort that at least I've never done that.

With that in mind I too think allowing him back at some point after hes had some time to mull things over wouldn't be beyond the realms of decency (again noting the decision has nothing to do with me).

I'll always remember though even if he is back, as I would anyone who resorted to that after a bit of mere online name-calling

You sound like a school teacher.

How long does he need to mull it over exactly?? Surely a few hours would be enough!!

Jason I spoke to John the other day and he said he's got no complaints. He also noted that he'd has his fair share of abuse here over the years and as such was surprised to get banned. His nemesis is just a sad Walter Mitty character with (I suspect) a great many separate identities on here. Once you've sussed that out, and how to spot his clones, the ignore button improves this forum no end. The interesting thing is that IPB has IP address logging, and that makes me wonder....

Not sure who said what etc, but i do know that Abernethy can be wide (you have been to me...), and perhaps wouldn't talk to folk in person the way he can SOMETIMES do on here.... no doubt got as good as he gave, and as the old saying goes "takes two to tango".

Aye, I thought it was probably you that wound up and pointed Athens. Thanks for confirming. If anyone has the know-how to confirm whether or not I post under more than one identity on here, I invite them to do so. I wouldn't have a clue. In the meantime, be aware that "a great many" of you are actually me! Lucky you!

Never been a "nemesis" before mind you - quite chuffed with that, thanks!

Athens has been banned previously for a brief period. He has racked up an astonishing number of complaints, as well as having numerous posts deleted/moderated by the mods over the years. He's been asked to tone it down plenty of times.

He chose not to, and has now received a ban. It probably won't be permanent, and he's been in touch. We're going to let it settle a little bit then decide where to go from there.

As stated above, he's perfectly capable of making a positive contribution to the forum - but the borderline racist stuff and chasing other members around the forum to give them abuse isn't on, especially after multiple warnings.

Quite frankly, grown adults should be capable of behaving themselves on a forum like this, as they should/would in normal life.

Also, I have far, far better things to be doing than refereeing stupid fights and dealing with moronic behaviour. My heart sinks every time I get an e-mail saying "A post has been reported", as it usually means someone who should know better has done something ridiculous on here.

I've got a business to run and a young child taking up most of my time - I really don't want to be spending my limited spare time sorting this kind of nonsense out.

Athens has been banned previously for a brief period. He has racked up an astonishing number of complaints, as well as having numerous posts deleted/moderated by the mods over the years. He's been asked to tone it down plenty of times.

He chose not to, and has now received a ban. It probably won't be permanent, and he's been in touch. We're going to let it settle a little bit then decide where to go from there.

As stated above, he's perfectly capable of making a positive contribution to the forum - but the borderline racist stuff and chasing other members around the forum to give them abuse isn't on, especially after multiple warnings.

Quite frankly, grown adults should be capable of behaving themselves on a forum like this, as they should/would in normal life.

Also, I have far, far better things to be doing than refereeing stupid fights and dealing with moronic behaviour. My heart sinks every time I get an e-mail saying "A post has been reported", as it usually means someone who should know better has done something ridiculous on here.

I've got a business to run and a young child taking up most of my time - I really don't want to be spending my limited spare time sorting this kind of nonsense out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Borderline stuff is just that. So no need to moderate.

Chasing folk around. There are a few on here who do that.....

Always found your interventions to be fair and helpful.

So, good to hear there is some cooling off.

Edited by MySpazz

Quite clearly implies that was one of the reasons, not the whole thing.

-------------------------

Get the picture. You don't like Athens. And you want to focus on the other reasons.

I picked up on the "borderline" because the forum can sometimes be a right touchy place for fairly tame cursing and dissing..... for instance, saying " i shagged your wife" (believe that was one of the issues) is hardly so bad. The racism stuff and the libel....understand the mods want to protect themselves

-------------------------

Get the picture. You don't like Athens. And you want to focus on the other reasons.

I picked up on the "borderline" because the forum can sometimes be a right touchy place for fairly tame cursing and dissing..... for instance, saying " i shagged your wife" (believe that was one of the issues) is hardly so bad. The racism stuff and the libel....understand the mods want to protect themselves

So if someone you never met said (more than once) that they had "shagged your wife" you'd think that was "hardly so bad"?