John Sutton

rik2304

A fully fit Davidson, Sutton, a couple o quality young defenders and a potential diamond in Kane better than last season. If we an snag Swanson too then in what department do folk see us as weaker than Aberdeen? Aberdeen who gave Celtic a scare or two?

but couldn't beat them!

Just pleased that there has been some action this year on the signing front, compared to players leaving last season.

Good positive signings sofar showing an intention to play acting football in the coming season with a good choice of exciting goal scoring options in the box.

Seriously think we have the potential being built to frighten most, if not all teams in 2015-16.

Exciting times ahead I hope. Keeping the faith :cool:   

I must one of a few not overly excited about this. I'll say no more till he starts banging in the goals..I'll give him a chance but hope he gets service, as he relies on it.

Doesn't any striker though?

If the ball isn't delivered to the striker they aren't going to score.

Edited by PerthSeany

A fully fit Davidson, Sutton, a couple o quality young defenders and a potential diamond in Kane better than last season. If we an snag Swanson too then in what department do folk see us as weaker than Aberdeen? Aberdeen who gave Celtic a scare or two?

I don't think I'd go that far. I still think Aberdeen have the second best squad in the league, but....... I'm very pleased with the way ours is shaping up. There looks like there can be competition in every position especially with several players that can be moved position if required.

Top 3 is certainly a possibility but there are several things we'd need to go our way.

I must one of a few not overly excited about this. I'll say no more till he starts banging in the goals..I'll give him a chance but hope he gets service, as he relies on it.

+1 this ^^

No striker can dine out on his past glories. Look at what happened to v. Persie, Falcao, Torres etc.

Yet again we have benefitted from a player choosing Ross County over us. First is was a free minibus, and now, if BG hadn't gone to County, we wouldn't have landed Sutton (as I doubt we would have even went for him).

If you were to ask me if I would rather have BG or Sutton leading the line, although Brian did a job for us, it would be Sutton every time

Very smart sounding chap....

Now for an exciting winger....

Oh the days of alan Moore tearing down the wing... Love love love to see that

We've got Craig Thomson available in the squad who fits that bill, would like to see him given a chance, he's still young and will make mistakes but I'd like to see the opportunities for youth that were mentioned last close season.

Edited by Markinch Saint

Think that just be the final signing. Everyone liked Swanson but the chequebook might just have been put away. If he stays fit then we should get a couple of seasons out of him.

TW said from the start that he was after a couple of forwards and a winger, so I reckon there's still a winger to come. The fact that we haven't signed one yet could be taken as a good sign that we're holding out for Swanson, although maybe that's wishful thinking.

Pretty excited about the prospect of having MacLean and Sutton up front, but I think it makes the need for pace elsewhere in the team even more important than ever, which makes me want Swanson even more. Will be interesting to see where Cummins fits in too.

I wonder what the situation is regarding pre season training for Sutton? If he hasn't managed to secure an early release from Motherwell, will he have to train on his own or will he be allowed to train with the Saints squad today?

I'd presume he can train with us but he wont be registered to play until the 1st of July. 

Might be able to play as a trialist though in preseason even if he isnt released by Motherwell if they give permission maybe though. Unsure. 

I don't see any advantage in Motherwell retaining and paying Sutton for the next 2 weeks. They'll gain nothing and have to fork out several thousand for the privilege.

Because Saints want him involved in pre-season, so there's a negotiation to be had.  How much do Saints want him to join 2 weeks early and be involved in the build up to a huge Euro game?  If I were the Motherwell chairman I'd be arguing that's worth 4 figures at least.