Saints V Alashkert Europa League Q1 2Nd Leg Thurs 9Th July 2015

Being told not to wave a Palestinian flag, says more about UEFA than it does for Scottish solidarity with the Palestinian families who have been bombed out of their homes.

I have to say I agree. When does a flag become a political symbol exactly? Could the Saltire's association, rightly or wrongly, with the Yes movement be considered political? After all it's not a national flag, nationhood was voted down. Barcelona are getting it tight for their supporters flying the Estelada flag as an example.

It's all a complete nonsense. I understand that one man, Brown, isn't going to change UEFA's policy here, but his apparent lack of concern or voice on the issue should be a concern to the all supporters.

With regards flares, pyrotechnics and pitch invasions; they are all prohibited anyway. The stewards and the police need to grow a set and deal with it pre-emptively. 

After our poor performance last week which I suspect was more down to the heat and possibly altitude which I think was about 3000ft high, I wonder how the Alashkert players will cope with coming over here, obviously the weather wont be so hard on them as even if we have a warm night that will be nothing to what they are used to, however the time difference may be more of an issue to them than it was for our lads, Kick of time there was 8.00pm their time and a reasonable 4.00pm for our players body clock. however a near 8.00pm kick of here will be pushing 11.00pm for their body clock, I would be thinking of my bed if it was me, fingers crossed it works.       

I don't think that's what its in relation to.

A lad in the "young team" who is now banned from mcd was charged with "insighting racial hatrid" off the back of the Luzern game.

Found not guilty as it was deemed he cannot insight racial hatrid if Luzern fans couldn't hear him as they were that far away.

Mannus

Shaunnesay Ando Wright Easton

Lappin Millar

Wotherspoon O'Halloran

Kane Sutton

Cummins and MacLean to come on if things aren't going well.

Think I would stick with Scobbie for this one as they are quick with good movement in attack which he is probably better suited to than Wright. I'd go for:

Mannus

Shaughnessy Anderson Scobbie Easton

Wotherspoon Millar Lappin O'Halloran

Kane Sutton

Close decision between Macca and Sutton, probably Sutton as he poses more of a goal threat, though I thought Maclean was involved far more and put in a better shift out of the 2 of them last week.

In reality it could well be Macca and Sutton again with Kane on the bench, as the manager likes to stick with experience.

Mannus

Shaunnesay Ando Wright Easton

Lappin Millar

Wotherspoon O'Halloran

Kane Sutton

Cummins and MacLean to come on if things aren't going well.

Id go with this team  but not sure what the deal is with injuries . Got a feeling its going to pens so need to fit Tam in somehow

Frustrating thing about this team is knowing so little about them. Apart from seeing that staccato presentation last week it was pretty difficult to get an idea how good they are.

I see the bookies have us as strong favorites to win the game but both sides are almost even at progressing to the next round.

Big prize for us if we get through this game. It would be great to get another Euro tie or two but I'm more concerned about the negative impact on us if we don't make it tonight.

I'm expecting a big team performance and Lucern type game where we show our class and progress. Be noisy tonight Saints.