Morton v Saints. LC QF Tue 27th OCT

The ghost of Jim Morton

I know we've all tried to block it out, but we also played aberdeen in a league cup semi at Tynecastle 2 seasons ago.  That same season Hearts played Caley at Easter Road.

so no, league cup semi-final venues generally have been picked sensibly to reflect the support of both teams.

Hampden was out of action due to the commonwealth games that season, but you are still correct. 

Would prefer it at Tynecastle.  If we get Ross County, then Dens rather than Tannadice :)

agree about Tynecastle, but would you want Dens over Tannadice? I think Dens is poor for atmosphere - it's far more open and the sides are well back from the pitch. Tannadice isn't great but feels more enclosed...

These are the kind of games we would have lost in the past - going a goal down away from home against a lower league side. But what a response - thoroughly professional.What can you say about O'Halloran - what a player. Must be one of the most exciting players I've seen in a Saints Jersey - certainly the fastest. Enjoy him while you can he wont be here much longer - somebody will snap him up :cry:

I know we've all tried to block it out, but we also played aberdeen in a league cup semi at Tynecastle 2 seasons ago.  That same season Hearts played Caley at Easter Road.

so no, league cup semi-final venues generally have been picked sensibly to reflect the support of both teams.

nothing sensible about making caley fans travel to edinburgh home of hibs and early kick off before trains even got in

If we get Ross County would Pitoddrie not be an option meaning both teams travelling roughly the same.( I am not in favour of that by the way)

My personal choice would be one of the Edinburgh grounds against the arabs

absolutely no point in making both clubs travel huge distances. Ross County have to travel long distances for almost every game, it's part and parcel of being so remote. 

I swear my Famous Grouse top is a child's extra small with Men's Large on the label.  I can't get an arm in it, let alone my moobs and gut.  My favourite Saints top too!

I am convinced back then the tops were not of the same quality. My "EsEs" top still fits fine yet my "bib fronted grouse" top has shrunk quite considerably!!!!!!!

absolutely no point in making both clubs travel huge distances. Ross County have to travel long distances for almost every game, it's part and parcel of being so remote. 

As I said in my post I am not in favour of Pitoddrie all I was saying was that in the thinking of the SPFL Aberdeen might be considered an option.