Is Steven MacLean a legend?

rik2304

Is Steven MacLean a legend?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having seen the Ormand team many of them have legendary status.

However Macca has legendary status for scoring in the final and if that is all he did for the team that would assure him of legendary status however he has contributed much more over the last few years.  So defiantly a legend.

i think yes - a winner only happens in a game that has a scoreline difference of 1 

so 2-1 the second is the winner

there is no winning goal in a 2-0 game and if there was it would be the 1st goal

MacLeans goal was the killer. No chance for the Arabs once that went in.

Never in doubt, of course he bloody is. His never say die attitude is just one of his qualities that endears himself to us fans. His comeback game against Motherwell after a horrific injury was a big two fingers up to everyone that wrote him off. They broke the mould after he was born. Steven MacLean...... St. Johnstone legend. 

Football is a passionate game so folk that show genuine passion are endearing to us fans. Everyone loves a nutter and King Macca is a nutter. Most fans from his previous clubs love the man (except Aberdeen). From him standing on the ball at Wednesday to him jumping in with the fans at the cup final, fans love the skinny sexy b******.

i think yes - a winner only happens in a game that has a scoreline difference of 1 

so 2-1 the second is the winner

there is no winning goal in a 2-0 game and if there was it would be the 1st goal

Agree with the above!

1-0 = Winning

2-0 = Still wining but with mair goals.

Every member of that team on that day will be legends in my eyes.

Thanks for the memory!

Any St.Johnstone team that manages to get to a major cup final will be always held in the highest regards.  It's upto the individual if he thinks this is worthy of legendary status. Obviously never seen the Ormond team play but I trust the old timers judgement when it comes to it and my father's. There are a few other players that fall into legendary status whilst never getting near a cup final, some never even seeing a semi final either. 

Personally if you pull on a saints strip you become a legend, but that's just me.  

Football is a passionate game so folk that show genuine passion are endearing to us fans. Everyone loves a nutter and King Macca is a nutter. Most fans from his previous clubs love the man (except Aberdeen). From him standing on the ball at Wednesday to him jumping in with the fans at the cup final, fans love the skinny sexy b******.

great attitude,just wants to win no matter what would run through a brick wall for you

and a cup final goal to "..........legend

Has he gone through spells where I've been frustrated watching him and worried he'd never have a shot on goal ever again? Yes.

Have I had spells thinking he was going to score 25 goals in a season? Yes.

Have I had spells thinking he should be dropped? Yes.

Have I had spells thinking he was the classiest player in the league? Yes.

Have I had spells thinking he was an actual, bona-fide nutter?. Yes.

Is he a legend? ABSOLUTELY YES.

Yes. The simple test is that in 20-30 years, whatever saints are doing and regardless of whatever league we are in, we will in most probably look back at this period and look upon it as a golden age. When we do and folk are referencing back to it and who made it happen, there will be many names, but at the top will be the likes of McLean, Anderson, Tommy Wright, Fraser Wright, Chris Millar and Captain Dave. (Not necessarily an exclusive list mind you) These guys are the modern day Ormand era team.

The reason I pinpoint the above is that all will not go on for just too much longer and we will in most likelihood never see them either play against Saints or in a severely declined saints team. There will be others we look back in and they will have played their parts, May, Wotherspoon etc, but as it stands, these guys to me are the legends. That's not to say others won't go on to be so, but as it stands right now...... I exclude May for now, as their is a potential to become a McCoist type career and in most probability he will play and score against us many times which might erode what fans think of him. (Really hope not)!!

The reason I pinpoint the above is that all will not go on for just too much longer and we will in most likelihood never see them either play against Saints or in a severely declined saints team. There will be others we look back in and they will have played their parts, May, Wotherspoon etc, but as it stands, these guys to me are the legends. That's not to say others won't go on to be so, but as it stands right now...... I exclude May for now, as their is a potential to become a McCoist type career and in most probability he will play and score against us many times which might erode what fans think of him. (Really hope not)!!

I consider May to be one of the biggest Saints legends of all time. If I had to pick an absolute icon of our Cup winning season, it would be him. I also think he'll play for us again in the future.

I consider May to be one of the biggest Saints legends of all time. If I had to pick an absolute icon of our Cup winning season, it would be him. I also think he'll play for us again in the future.

Absolutely agree. If he never kicked a ball again, he'd clearly go down as a legend. He did enough in that one season alone for that. What I'm trying to get at is there is a potential for him to undo some of that good feelings towards him we all have. Cannot ever take away what he did, but if we were all honest, we'd think just a little less of him if say for example, played for Rangers and scored a hat-trick against us..... That said, Roddy Grant is a legend.........

Hmmm he certainly is a key player in the team does mair than just score goals, although coz he's a striker maist folk will judge him on his tally alone. He has scored some important goals ie final etc. He has missed a few sitters and skied a few penalties. Despite this I would put him in the Legend bracket along with the rest of the cup winning side.

Although he still runs like a wee lassie:wink:.