Saints v Dundee Utd. 2/4/16 3pm K-O

Where did I say he wasnt'?

I'll never understand why a Saints fan of all people would moan about smaller teams being in the league, seeing as we wouldn't be in the top flight if you wanted to base it on previous successes/fan base.

Saints would be in the top 12 going by passed records in the top league, so your facts are wrong.

Anderson out for this one and for the next four weeks with an injury picked up training. Assume that will mean a Joe and Tam CH pairing.

I would think so unless the Bulgarian has shown up well in training.

Nothing on OS. How can papers get the news & print overnight & no one can take 5 mins to put on the font of all knowledge.

I dont know how much it costs to run site but

As someone who went to school with a lot of Yinited and Dundee fans I can safely say it was always the Yinited fans that were the wee bams.

I would love for Saints to be the team that effectively relegates them. And make no mistake, relegation carries a significant risk of administration or worse for them.

I would Kevin Keegan style love it!

Edited by Hendo

Saints would be in the top 12 going by passed records in the top league, so your facts are wrong.

We're 17th on the all time points total, unless you look at one that only runs from the Spl era, and only two clubs above us have gone out of business. All the 15 above us match or beat our one domestic trophy too.

As someone who went to school with a lot of Yinited and Dundee fans I can safely say it was always the Yinited fans that were the wee bams.

I would love for Saints to be the team that effectively relegates them. And make no mistake, relegation carries a significant risk of administration or worse for them.

I would Kevin Keegan style love it!

I'm sure if you asked many Saints fans they would say Dundee United are their second Scottish team 

I'm not sure what point Randoom is trying to make here.  No-one said United should not be relegated because they are a big club. If they finish bottom then of course they should be relegated. If they finish second bottom and lose the play-off then they should be relegated.  What Gas Monkey,  Sixties and myself said was we would rather they stayed up because games against them have a better atmosphere and make Saints more money than games against Killie or Hamilton.  Randoom decided this was a "shite point of view", and has started posting irrelevant historical statistics for some reason known only to him.  Please tell us what your point is Randoom.

Edited by jhq
spelling

We're 17th on the all time points total, unless you look at one that only runs from the Spl era, and only two clubs above us have gone out of business. All the 15 above us match or beat our one domestic trophy too.

I was referring to the leagues since 1975 reorganisation tbh, but as Andy Rhodes says, we were denied top league football by the authorities, that decided Dundee  iirc should be  in the top league

I'm not sure what point Randoom is trying to make here.  No-one said United should not be relegated because they are a big club. If they finish bottom then of course they should be relegated. If they finish second bottom and lose the play-off then they should be relegated.  What Gas Monkey,  Sixties and myself said was we would rather they stayed up because games against them have a better atmosphere and make Saints more money than games against Killie or Hamilton.  Randoom decided this was a "shite point of view", and has started posting irrelevant historical statistics for some reason known only to him.  Please tell us what your point is Randoom.

I misunderstood his post and thought he was one of the, numerous, people who moan when a "big" team gets relegated. The amount of talk from the likes of Strachan about getting the likes of Hibs and Rangers "back where they belong" by any means necessary really pisses me off, so I maybe see it where its not been said.

I was referring to the leagues since 1975 reorganisation tbh, but as Andy Rhodes says, we were denied top league football by the authorities, that decided Dundee  iirc should be  in the top league

Why only that far back? Did football only begin then? FWIW we barely scrape 11th in that list

That isn't relevant RanDOOM - it goes back far too far.

It could be viewed in so many different ways.

Percentage points gained (but when did the points for a win become 3?)

How far back is relevant?

Who still exists?

Goals scored per game could show most entertaining side?

"goes back too far" :laugh: 

Tell me a season you find relevant and I'll work it out for you.

I misunderstood his post and thought he was one of the, numerous, people who moan when a "big" team gets relegated. The amount of talk from the likes of Strachan about getting the likes of Hibs and Rangers "back where they belong" by any means necessary really pisses me off, so I maybe see it where its not been said.

Why only that far back? Did football only begin then? FWIW we barely scrape 11th in that list

"goes back too far" :laugh: 

Tell me a season you find relevant and I'll work it out for you.

That doesn't take into account when clubs were formed, Aberdeen have never been relegated, but because they're 20 years younger than Celtic and 32 years younger than the hu ns, they've played much less games. Killie for one are much older than us