Paul Paton Poll

Bev Callard

Should Saints sign Paton?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Picture this: our poor form had continued and the rut we found ourselves in had proved too much to over come and we were dragged into a relegation battle this season... 

No Premiership team would have touched Murray Davidson because he was part of a relegated squad.. 

If Kilmarnock had failed to beat Falkirk in the play-offs and gone down, would Josh Magennis, Craig Slater and Greg Kiltie be considered unworthy of gracing Mcdiarmid park as they are clearly not good enough for the Premiership... But we did pick up our form, and Kilmarnock did beat Falkirk I hear you say......

So, I assume by your logic, Jason Cummings and John McGinn wouldn't have the ability to keep us in the Premiership next season because they were part of a team that COULDNT EVEN MAKE IT, to the heady heights of the Premiership, nevermind being there to get them relegated. 

Wow!  As a general principle, one player should not be held responsible for a relegation, and take it from me, Pates was one of the few with pass marks last season at Tannadice. It was not his fault that we could not hold a lead.......it was not his fault that the manager played a dumbf*ck formation every week......it was not his fault that our strikers missed chances every week......it was not his fault that the chairman is at war with the board/fans/press/his family.......its not his fault that the fans are at war with the chairman/other fans/the board.........its not his fault that the manager signed a clutch of players to pull us out the sh*t, none of whom had any experience of Scottish football. (except Gunning......need I say more!)  If anyone has a doubt about Murray Davidson, it would be nothing to do with and imaginary relegation it would be everything to do with his injury record.  Your next hypothetical scenario, had Killie been relegated Josh Magennis would not be good enough to grace McD?  One of the few SPFL players 'good enough' to grace the Euros....but not good enough for Saints?  Same principle, Magennisis is not to blame for Killie having a pysh season.  As for the dismissive attitude to Championship players, United picked up GMS from Airdrie, Danny Swanson from Berwick Rangers, Jimmy Gomis from Cowdenbeath, Andy Robertson from Queens Park and more.......but none of them good enough for Saints!  You sound like a Sevco/Celtic fan! ;)

Wow!  As a general principle, one player should not be held responsible for a relegation, and take it from me, Pates was one of the few with pass marks last season at Tannadice. It was not his fault that we could not hold a lead.......it was not his fault that the manager played a dumbf*ck formation every week......it was not his fault that our strikers missed chances every week......it was not his fault that the chairman is at war with the board/fans/press/his family.......its not his fault that the fans are at war with the chairman/other fans/the board.........its not his fault that the manager signed a clutch of players to pull us out the sh*t, none of whom had any experience of Scottish football. (except Gunning......need I say more!)  If anyone has a doubt about Murray Davidson, it would be nothing to do with and imaginary relegation it would be everything to do with his injury record.  Your next hypothetical scenario, had Killie been relegated Josh Magennis would not be good enough to grace McD?  One of the few SPFL players 'good enough' to grace the Euros....but not good enough for Saints?  Same principle, Magennisis is not to blame for Killie having a pysh season.  As for the dismissive attitude to Championship players, United picked up GMS from Airdrie, Danny Swanson from Berwick Rangers, Jimmy Gomis from Cowdenbeath, Andy Robertson from Queens Park and more.......but none of them good enough for Saints!  You sound like a Sevco/Celtic fan! ;)

You're attempting to argue with someone who is in total agreement with you. Interesting.

I think you might want to have another wee look at the post you replied to... 

If you are happy in signing Paton who is confirmed at spitting at fellow professional players AND has been arrested and punished as part of a sectarian attack then okay. Makes wee O' Boyle an angel when comparisoning. But if he is an improvement on what we have got and he doesn't threaten the cordial dressing room then why not. Jody Morris got all the same comments and he was an honor to have had as a Saintees. Tough one.

It is not too late for the fans to make the club change their mind on this . Do you want your kids looking up to a man like Paton? He should not be welcome and I will question the morals of anyone who wants him at Saints.

Jody Morris has a history that is equal to Joey Barton who both had the worst reputation. Jody ended up a huge signing for us and will be remembered for ever. Tough decision.

Hayes said he didn't know if Paton had spat on him not that he didn't . The TV evidence was conclusive. This is very poor judgement from Tommy and Steve. I won't be buying a season ticket if this racist thug signs and I know I'm not alone. I am the voice of the voiceless .

Hayes said he didn't know if Paton had spat on him not that he didn't . The TV evidence was conclusive. This is very poor judgement from Tommy and Steve. I won't be buying a season ticket if this racist thug signs and I know I'm not alone. I am the voice of the voiceless .

Huge credit to Hayes.

Jody's quality as a footballer was never in doubt. He had a pretty impressive club history and on-field reputation, albeit tarnished somewhat by his off-field antics. It was clear that he'd almost certainly be a great signing at our level. Therefore, his personal life didn't bother me at all. And I don't recall it dividing our fans to this extent (not just on WAP).