Player contracts and transfers

David123

I hope he's good, but like George I think a lot of fans are setting themselves up for disappointment, expecting a footballing genius to re-emerge unscathed from his Hibs disaster. Not only did he not look like a footballer last season - the worst player on the park during the play offs - but he struggled at Easter Road under three different regimes. Can we dismiss all that an anomaly by saying, "Oh well, that's Hibs"?

Even if he hits the standard he reached in his first spell here in the First Division and Premier League, we need to remember it wasn't unblemished.  My memory of him is coloured by his professionalism and form over the last few months of his contract, but over six years he had his share of innocuous performances.

I wish him well - Swanson was never an option - and he certainly offers a more attacking option than Lappin, but...  [disappears into boring diatribe about youth not getting an opportunity]

well that's just nonsense. plenty players do well at hibs. to refuse to acknowledge the last 2 years is bizarre, you wouldnt do that for any other signing we make so why is this different?

the fans wanted swanson, we all know why we ended up with craig instead though

You on talking terms with Tommy now? Or somehow in tge the know? Otherwise how do you know we won't get Swanson yet? After all is tge the transfer market not opem till end of August? Or have i got that wrong! Never say never i say!

of course we wont get swanson. that would involve ambition and some financial backing from the chairman instead we got the cheap option

Would you mind setting out which provincial club of our size in the Premiership you'd like our chairman to emulate? Are our two-year deals for regulars cheaper than Ross County's one-year offerings? Are our signings of Sutton and Craig less ambitious than those big-name ICT signings? Have Motherwell strengthened at our expense? Can you even name a club with our level of support with a more generous playing budget this year?

Would you mind setting out which provincial club of our size in the Premiership you'd like our chairman to emulate? Are our two-year deals for regulars cheaper than Ross County's one-year offerings? Are our signings of Sutton and Craig less ambitious than those big-name ICT signings? Have Motherwell strengthened at our expense? Can you even name a club with our level of support with a more generous playing budget this year?

we should know our place eh? how dare the fans expect a bit more from the team given we have loads of money in the bank and a good support and qualifying for europe every seasno etc

are you the chairman in disguise?>

While I respect it’s your right to have an opinion, I certainly don’t respect your opinion and honestly don’t believe it is your actual opinion.

Playing the panto baddie is all fine and well. Booing and hissing are forms of attention – which is what you’re after, right?

So “Boo”, “Hiss”, “It’s behind you!”.

Keep up the good work chief. It’s a lonely role to play. You’ll get bored eventually.

we should know our place eh? how dare the fans expect a bit more from the team given we have loads of money in the bank and a good support and qualifying for europe every seasno etc

are you the chairman in disguise?>

Back at work then? Council will be chuffed .

are you the chairman in disguise?

No. Now can you answer any of my questions please?

you and tranmere saint should become a comedy double act as its hilarious LAUGH OUT LOUD jks, your banter is absolutely terrible

as for brogan greeting about "who should we be" we do not need to copy anyone and why should we? we have plenty money in the bank and can afford to sign better players than the likes of ICT or county.

honestly youd think half of you had no ambition whatsoever. happy to just see us stagnate 

never heard of him

well that's just nonsense. plenty players do well at hibs. to refuse to acknowledge the last 2 years is bizarre, you wouldnt do that for any other signing we make so why is this different?

the fans wanted swanson, we all know why we ended up with craig instead though

do u know if we have spoken to coventry? 

and yes we can dismiss what players do at hibs - they destroy players just like we seem to get the best out of most guys that come to us

as for brogan greeting about "who should we be" we do not need to copy anyone and why should we? we have plenty money in the bank and can afford to sign better players than the likes of ICT or county.

honestly youd think half of you had no ambition whatsoever. happy to just see us stagnate 

Are you like this every pre-season? This isn't exactly the worst things have ever been, is it? If you're this negative off the back of four Euro qualifications and a Scottish Cup win, what were you like when we were in the First Division and had just signed Paul Lovering?

like scott brown and lee griffiths you mean? theres plenty hibs players who havent been "destroyed" just as theres plenty that we havent had the best out of

take the blinkers off please and try and debate sensibly

Good examples of successful Hibs players.

One left EIGHT years ago and the other was there on loan.

I think you have proved my point perfectly. Pot Kettle on the sensible debating stuff.

Edited by Pat McGroin

you said hibs destroyed players, ive just given you two examples of where they havent, one of them being the current scotland captain. scott allan and fraser fyvie dont seem to have had their careers destroyed at hibs right now have they? if anything they are flourshing

They are doing ok. They are also playing at a level well below where they should be and haven't done anything that I wouldn't expect from them.

On the flip side I give you guys like Doyle. I thought Scott Robertson was a good player before he went to Hibs. Most Hibs fans openly admit that they make good players look poor but you obviously know better than the season ticket holders I know.

Using Brown as an example is pointless. He's from a different generation in football terms. You'd be as well saying Saints have a great track record in youth development, we produced Ally McCoist and Callum Davidson.

how is it pointless? mccoist and davidson dont play anymore brown does and is current scotland captain. 

as for doyle, he went to a lower level after hibs and found his level. the season ticket holders you know LAUGH OUT LOUD

Doyle was signed in January by Cardiff for a seven figure sum.