Player contracts and transfers

David123

5 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

6'2" striker Wootton, has been loaned out 4 times by his club Sunny Scunny.

Strike rate roughly 12%, compared to Macca's 28%. (at Saints)

Chris Kane's strike rate at Saints 13.6% , while his strike rate on loan is 23.5%.

Is Wootton the answer to our scoring problems?

What is Steve May's strike rate since he left Saints?  Would you have him back?  More to a footballer than stats.  Hopefully Tommy will assess his ability, not his wikipedia page.

3 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

What is Steve May's strike rate since he left Saints?  Would you have him back?  More to a footballer than stats.  Hopefully Tommy will assess his ability, not his wikipedia page.

Yes I would have May back at Saints.

I'm sure he would slot in where he left off.

He probably left a season too soon and moved to a sh*t team, same as McCoist.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Ally Gilchrist away to Shamrock Rovers should free up another space in the squad 

Best of luck to him. Out injured most of last season & didn't expect him to get a contract this season but he did ok in the games he did play. Unfortunately like Gordon never got a run.

Think he will do ok if keeps injury free.

53 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Mikey is travelling to Florida to train with SEVCO at their winter camp..

If true,being part of the travelling squad could be a firm indication that he is integral to future plans down Ibrox way and he won’t be available for another loan.I for one would prefer this situation of will he or won’t he be sorted out as early as possible so that Saints don’t waist the whole transfer window waiting for scraps off the Sevco table.

Anyone else remember the crumbs off the masters table quote from their tannoy guy when we got a late conciliation goal down there more years back than I care to remember,aye they’ve always been twats.

Read somewhere that there first game in the “Florida tournament “ isn’t until the 11th of the month so if we are hanging around for an answer on there return that's going to be a large chunk of time waisted we could be giving consideration to othe prospects.

Like many on here part of me would have him back but another part of me says been there done that let’s try and get a more permenant fix and move on.

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

Best of luck to him. Out injured most of last season & didn't expect him to get a contract this season but he did ok in the games he did play. Unfortunately like Gordon never got a run.

Think he will do ok if keeps injury free.

He signed a 2 year deal in 2016 - I think it's quite telling that he was over training with Shamrock in the summer. If Scobbie had stayed, I'm sure that loan deal mentioned by their manager would've happened then.

Cummins and Gilchrist having clubs to go to most likely mitigated pay offs we had to make which is obviously good news for us. It probably explains why they left so early in the window too - we usually wait until deadline day before cutting anyone loose. I'd still expect to see Craig Thomson depart before the end of the window.

2 minutes ago, ss75990 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42577717

I wonder if this is a potential target for Tommy to look at. He likes looking in the Irish market and the guy has pretty decent goal tally for a midfielder. 

Possibly. But the Irish league is Championship level at best. Unconvinced if any good.. gamble or not..

17 hours ago, Saline Saint said:

Read somewhere that there first game in the “Florida tournament “ isn’t until the 11th of the month so if we are hanging around for an answer on there return that's going to be a large chunk of time waisted we could be giving consideration to othe prospects.

Like many on here part of me would have him back but another part of me says been there done that let’s try and get a more permenant fix and move on.

Sevco unhappy the Brazilian team they're meant to play in Florida sent one of their schoolboy teams:laugh:

21 hours ago, Saline Saint said:

If true,being part of the travelling squad could be a firm indication that he is integral to future plans down Ibrox way and he won’t be available for another loan.I for one would prefer this situation of will he or won’t he be sorted out as early as possible so that Saints don’t waist the whole transfer window waiting for scraps off the Sevco table.

Anyone else remember the crumbs off the masters table quote from their tannoy guy when we got a late conciliation goal down there more years back than I care to remember,aye they’ve always been twats.

I remember that incident well. A 4-1 doing by the cheats. Good to know I'm not the only old timer on here.