Saints v Celtic, Sunday 14th Feb, 12pm

Salguodinmethven.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

1200am is midnight, 1200pm is noon. 

Happy to be of service!

On my birth certificate I have born  "4 January 1956 12 hn"  I was told it was High Noon and later was informed 12mn mid-night But a lot has changed since the 50s

am is before 12 mid-day and pm is after 12 mid-day therefore neither  can be classified as am or pm

Edited by Johnny B

32 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Back to the game will he rest any of the regular back 3 and replace them with Rooney or Booth? Or do we field our strongest team, we did not against Rangers

Should always play your strongest team but this season is like no other.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Sorry, should have qualified, I think St.Mirren will fall like a stone over the next few matches.

FWIW, St.Mirren’s remaining matches:

Celtic  (Lost) 0 points

Aberdeen

Hamilton

Livingston

Motherwell

Ross County

Rangers 

Hamilton

6 matches in 17 days. They don’t have the depth of quality for that. 

On 2/8/2021 at 3:58 PM, SaintJet said:

That's a tough stretch. 

That’s one game down for St.Mirren and zero points.

They are away to Aberdeen on Saturday. Two days rest.

Jamie McGrath picked up a shoulder injury so he won’t make that match, Obika and Flynn both picked up bookings.

Richard Tait, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Conor McCarthy, Ethan Erhahon all 2 bookings away from a suspension.

We of course need to win our upcoming matches but am I the only one thinking that top six could still be up for grabs? 

46 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

That’s one game down for St.Mirren and zero points.

They are away to Aberdeen on Saturday. Two days rest.

Jamie McGrath picked up a shoulder injury so he won’t make that match, Obika and Flynn both picked up bookings.

Richard Tait, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Conor McCarthy, Ethan Erhahon all 2 bookings away from a suspension.

We of course need to win our upcoming matches but am I the only one thinking that top six could still be up for grabs? 

5 of these 6 are at Paisley. Only game away form home is Saturday v Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, mainstand said:

5 of these 6 are at Paisley. Only game away form home is Saturday v Aberdeen. 

Are you suggesting it’s Fortress Simple Digital Arena? Hardly! Their form is actually better on the road.

Win %
Home: 23%
Away: 43%

To put that in perspective, Saints’ form is something like:

Away: 27%

4 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

1200am is midnight, 1200pm is noon. 

Happy to be of service!

I don’t agree 12.00 (exactly) is either midnight or noon but neither is am/pm.

But let’s have a discussion on the technicalities of how time works instead of a very important match.

It all depends “which” Celtic turns up,  this season so far we have been a wee bit unlucky against them  but they do seem to have turned it round in the last couple of games. I think avoiding a big defeat should be the target. Anything better would be a very welcome bonus.

It appears to be almost five years since we last beat Celtic, however, in spite of their positive result, the current Celtic seems to ba a long way from the all-dominating team they have been of late.

As for Saints, while it seems to have been a long time coming, I feel that thing have really started to come together for us in the last few games.

Feeling fairly confident that this could be our best chance in a while to get a result against Celtic, and if the team go out there with similar positivity then I see no reason why not.

Just noticed this is on Sky, can anyone confirm whether we get this on Saints TV with season tickets?

32 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

I don’t agree 12.00 (exactly) is either midnight or noon but neither is am/pm.

But let’s have a discussion on the technicalities of how time works instead of a very important match.

It all depends “which” Celtic turns up,  this season so far we have been a wee bit unlucky against them  but they do seem to have turned it round in the last couple of games. I think avoiding a big defeat should be the target. Anything better would be a very welcome bonus.

I mean, 2359 is the final minute of the day. 
0000 is midnight which is the first 60 seconds of the new day before the clock hits 0001. How can it be anything else? 

what time do you celebrate New Year? 

likewise in the morning, 1159 is the final minute, 1200 is definitely PM. 

You don’t need to agree but it’s a bit like trying to argue that the grass isn’t green and the sky isn’t blue from your end! 

29 minutes ago, Shipa said:

It appears to be almost five years since we last beat Celtic, however, in spite of their positive result, the current Celtic seems to ba a long way from the all-dominating team they have been of late.

As for Saints, while it seems to have been a long time coming, I feel that thing have really started to come together for us in the last few games.

Feeling fairly confident that this could be our best chance in a while to get a result against Celtic, and if the team go out there with similar positivity then I see no reason why not.

Just noticed this is on Sky, can anyone confirm whether we get this on Saints TV with season tickets?

Yes

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Are you suggesting it’s Fortress Simple Digital Arena? Hardly! Their form is actually better on the road.

Win %
Away: 43%

To put that in perspective, Saints’ form is something like:

Away: 27%

No simply making a point that 5 of the 6 are at home. It is also cold. 

1 hour ago, Shipa said:

Key for us will be keeping it tight early in the game and not allowing Cetic to grow in confidence. We need to be at our best chasing them down and again we want to be no worse than level at half time.

I see some of the fringe player a getting a run - maybe MOH starting to keep him interested.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I mean, 2359 is the final minute of the day. 
0000 is midnight which is the first 60 seconds of the new day before the clock hits 0001. How can it be anything else? 

what time do you celebrate New Year? 

likewise in the morning, 1159 is the final minute, 1200 is definitely PM. 

You don’t need to agree but it’s a bit like trying to argue that the grass isn’t green and the sky isn’t blue from your end! 

Doon here in the Borders I’ve hardly seen any green grass or blue sky this year yet due to an abundance of the white (I think) stuff. I am not arguing that 11.59 can be described as am/pm my a point is that the EXACT time of 12.00 is neither am or pm. You should also remember it takes 2 idiots to have an argument.

I was quite optimistic about this game a couple of weeks ago but not now.  No thanks to Lennon, but the Celtic players seem to have relaxed now that the Title is way beyond them and of course the transfer window is closed so moves are off until the Summer and who knows the new manager might be an O'Neill or a Rodgers.  Added to that Celtic's scattergun approach to signings has finally landed a defender who knows that his job is to try and stop the opposition scoring not give them a wee hand!

Still the young lad Welsh has an injury so Duffy might play which gives us the chance of a draw.