Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

No one has said the board are scrambling to get rid of Davidson. People are just expressing their own opinions about what they think should happen. That's what the forum's for.

The point I was making was that you've taken a pop at others on here for apparently trying to present themselves as "financial and football experts", but you're doing exactly the same thing in your own posts.

It’s not being a financial or footballing expert to state facts . Which I’m doing . 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Fee agreed for Alan Forrest but he's rejected the move this month.

Speaking to the West Lothian Courier, Martindale commented: “We accepted a bid yesterday and told Alan to go for it but he chapped my door this morning and told me he didn’t want to go.

“He’s wanting to explore his options in the summer. We got hit in our first year in the Premiership with Liam Kelly, Craig Halkett, Declan Gallagher, and Shaun Byrne all attracting interest and I told myself I wouldn’t let that happen again.

“To avoid that, you have to sell players as an asset but we’ll have to see how it goes and we’ll manage it but there’s obviously scope if something happens, for him to move on.”

Ouch.

5 hours ago, Linky said:

I did see him. Yes, I thought that was his best performance, and I really hope he continues. However, judging him over 6 months, I wouldn't say he's worth paying a fee for, when it's not something we do often.

The development fee would be practically the same,but we get him now

The Forrest one is strange. If we were discussing a pre-contract with his agent, you would have thought there must have been a bit of 'encouragement' to make us agree a transfer fee.

If he had no intention of making up his mind until the summer then I would have expected the agent to say so to us....save a lot of hassle all round.

3 minutes ago, MrBored said:

The Forrest one is strange. If we were discussing a pre-contract with his agent, you would have thought there must have been a bit of 'encouragement' to make us agree a transfer fee.

If he had no intention of making up his mind until the summer then I would have expected the agent to say so to us....save a lot of hassle all round.

Note the source of the story is that tube Martindale. Really would not believe half of what comes out his gob.

26 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Don't be surprised if somone else has came in; won't be surprised if he's away over the next few days.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Fair enough. Obviously doesn't fancy the risk of relegation.

Him & Ridden would have walked over glass to join us in the summer.

He is not a regular starter so I would have thought Livi might be livid at losing out on a fee unless Dundee have gazumped us.

28 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Don't be surprised if somone else has came in; won't be surprised if he's away over the next few days.

I think this seems a sensible suggestion. There must have been some encouragement for Saints to try and agree a fee but the player has a last minute change of heart... 

John Mahon maybe second choice to Deas but still looks a good signing. That apart, it's been a bit of a disaster since the opening few days of the window. 

New structure but some problems clearly remain.