Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

My worry is that if we have a couple of decent results and stay in the league Davidson will be kept on. 

I think it's been apparent for a while that that's what's going to happen regardless of how our results/performances go and regardless of what league we're in.

22 hours ago, Cagey said:

Can we just take a minute to thank Mark McGee for saving us from automatic relegation. Legend.

It says so much about him and his team that we didn’t get automatically relegated with our goal scoring record this season 

56 minutes ago, belfastsaintee said:

Is part of the problem we can’t afford to sack Callum and Callum can’t afford to resign….

That has to be utter nonsense - we can't have broken our budget on his contract.
Fair enough he has wasted hundreds of thousands on signings this season, and that won't happen again, but we have over a million in an interest free loan from the Scottish government which is on top of our rainy day fund of a few million.

Edited by garydavidson

9 minutes ago, GMac said:

Failure in the next 2 games - he has to go.  If not can you imagine the shitfest  next season, but then again imagine the shitfest, if we do survive and he is still in charge.   

Even if he does not fail - we are not playing Manchester City - he should go.  A guy who says he would have settled for a promise of the playoff back in January is no use to us.

2 hours ago, GMac said:

Failure in the next 2 games - he has to go.  If not can you imagine the shitfest  next season, but then again imagine the shitfest, if we do survive and he is still in charge.   

I've backed Callum through thick and thin but I feel it's time for him to go.

I'm keeping away from all the conspiricy theories about manager v head of recruitment etc. blah blah - ( where everyone gets these stories from is a mystery) but I feel some of the tactics we employ just now are picked from EA sports games!

If Callum keeps us up he could go with his head held high and we will never know if he could replicate last years achievments. If he stays and assuming we stayed up - if we had a few bad results early on it would just go downhill from there with fans and players in limbo.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I don't believe for a second that we "can't afford" to sack Davidson. If the board wanted to sack him, they'd sack him.

It's not about not being able to afford it, but it's costs/benefits.

If he was on a shorter, cheaper contract they may have pulled the trigger earlier on. As it is, they'll want to give him every chance to turn it around. It's a gamble. They're thinking: if he can, and we start doing well next season, another club might come in for him and we get a decent payout.

4 minutes ago, Linky said:

It's not about not being able to afford it, but it's costs/benefits.

If he was on a shorter, cheaper contract they may have pulled the trigger earlier on. As it is, they'll want to give him every chance to turn it around. It's a gamble. They're thinking: if he can, and we start doing well next season, another club might come in for him and we get a decent payout.

I think I would like to live in your world.

Should have sacked him after the Kelty game and we wouldn't be in this position. If we had it wouldn't have cost us more than the money he wasted in January. In fact if he hadn't ****ed up the summer transfer window we could have had a run in Europe and a top 6 finish , given how poor all the teams in this league are.

4 hours ago, Linky said:

Unfortunately his contract is long and quite hefty. The agreement was that he would then be applying for jobs in England this season in the hope that the club would get a large payout. This backfired spectacularly.

He can be put on Garden Leave and gets paid his monthly salary till the end of his contract. If he or anyone wants to employee him then his leaving compensation has to be agreed so we dont pay him his full contract out in one payment. 

49 minutes ago, Center Half said:

He can be put on Garden Leave and gets paid his monthly salary till the end of his contract. If he or anyone wants to employee him then his leaving compensation has to be agreed so we dont pay him his full contract out in one payment. 

Or if he is on gardening leave he can help the groundsman:wub: 

21 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think I would like to live in your world.

Should have sacked him after the Kelty game and we wouldn't be in this position. If we had it wouldn't have cost us more than the money he wasted in January. In fact if he hadn't ****ed up the summer transfer window we could have had a run in Europe and a top 6 finish , given how poor all the teams in this league are.

I think you've confused what I think the Chairman thinks to what I think. I think he should've gone before January. It was clear the transfer window would just make things worse.

The Chairman thinks differently.

36 minutes ago, Center Half said:

would be a sensible and productive remedy right enough!  BUT that could be construed as constructed dismissal and would swing back in the employee favour!    

Just show the tribunal our season highlights package.

25 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think you've confused what I think the Chairman thinks to what I think. I think he should've gone before January. It was clear the transfer window would just make things worse.

The Chairman thinks differently.

Sorry I didn't know you had your chairman's hat on :laugh:.