Inverness Caley V St.Johnstone - Friday 20th May

SaintJet

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Why did Davidson give him that contract, a 2 year deal at that, then?

Who bloody knows! But for sure so much just comes down to money.....

Sack the manager, pay the compo and have a dead cert side that might get relegated direct.

Don't sack him, use the money to gamble on players, end up in the play offs.

Soon find out which worked.

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

Based on what he was told, the agents, the level of player he "thought" he was getting, the liquidiity for players in a lockdown.

There's a poster on here who was advising the manager/talent ID recruitment person. I'd look at the failings in the transfer market going back to Kristen "three stands" Robertson, and then the laptop person who came in.

Davidson alone didn't make those decisions, cos if he did, i'm sure he'd have tried to sign messi :)

No signing at a football club is the managers alone. Bair and Vertainen were gambles that sadly we've all seen a few times before. But Bair looks the player, and what's to say it wasn't Dasovic doing the recommending? 

All these opinions can settle after tonights match, because the manager and the backbone of the team are out the door on July 1 when contracts end / start elsewhere.

This is just getting more bizarre. If Davidson hadn’t have been advised so badly we’d have been trying to sign Messi? Btw, the manager has another year on his contract so won’t be gone by July 1 unless he’s sacked.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

May jogs about a bit and doesn't look like he is trying. He jogs back and forward between 2 centre backs , not getting near anyone. He also looks like he is trying to avoid the ball when he is jumping for high balls.

It would be interesting to see his touches per minutes on the park as I don't think it will be many.

C, Apologies but I've altered some bits of your post to reflect what I saw on Friday. :sad:

Edited by Indicator

2 hours ago, Linky said:

This is just getting more bizarre. If Davidson hadn’t have been advised so badly we’d have been trying to sign Messi? Btw, the manager has another year on his contract so won’t be gone by July 1 unless he’s sacked.

I love people who argue a point by going ad hominem

You are only interested in ridicule and have nothing substantive to add.

COYS

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

May runs about a bit and looks like he is trying. He runs back and forward between 2 centre backs , not getting near anyone. He also looks like he is trying to avoid the ball when he is jumping for high balls.

It would be interesting to see his touches per minutes on the park as I don't think it will be many.

Stevie May na na na na

14 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Stevie May na na na na

He was in right place at right time and hit the roof of the net from 2 yards. Just as well he wasn't 5 yards out:P. He put in a great shift though and contributed more than Middleton who didn't look fit.

Have to say the other player getting stick , McPherson had a decent game.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

He was in right place at right time and hit the roof of the net from 2 yards. Just as well he wasn't 5 yards out:P. He put in a great shift though and contributed more than Middleton who didn't look fit.

How did he manage to be ‘in right place at right time’? 
He was nowhere near 2 yards out when the save was made, he reacted quicker than anybody else to cover the ground to get the shot in.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

He was in right place at right time

Surely that's a good thing? It's what we've really, really needed from Stevie May. Up until last night he's been covering every blade of grass on the pitch except for the ones he might actually score from. 

9 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Zander after match not saying he is staying

I'm expecting him to be off. Hope he gets a decent club. He'll probably get a cap for Scotland the day after his Saints contract expires so we can't technically say he got capped while playing for us.

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Nobody quicker than you getting out the way when it's your round.

You got Ed Hodge's book (with autographs) and a programme for nought ye auld moaner.

If that makes me a skinflint, you must be the original scrooge.

Really!

:laugh:

17 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

You got Ed Hodge's book (with autographs) and a programme for nought ye auld moaner.

If that makes me a skinflint, you must be the original scrooge.

Really!

:laugh:

Ha ha, Sorry about that, forgot aw about that restitution will be made, I blame Cammy never left us wae a empty glass.

On 5/23/2022 at 10:32 PM, Cagey said:

Thought CM had a good second half. Looked like a weight was lifted after his goal but first half I thought he was his usual self!