Inverness Caley V St.Johnstone - Friday 20th May

SaintJet

So after a season that started with expectations of us playing regular european group stage football we find ourselves in the last chance saloon. It really is hard to fathom our fall from grace!

In any normal season I would expect us to wash the floor with Cally after the hardships and schedule they have been through to get to this stage. In any "normal" season.

We need to finish this tie up in the highlands - Cally have injuries and suspensions and if we can't get past them over two games we should throw in the towel.

We will have our first choice team back out but again who knows what this is?

I will conclude that should we survive this hellish of all weeks and remain a Premier league team our manager should do the decent thing so we can still hold him in a high regard for the happier times we have enjoyed with him playing and managing us in Perth. 

I expect us to win this handily on Friday.

A spectacular and embarrassing fall from grace to be compounded by defeat in Inverness and a draw at McD. 

Davidson to stay and attempt to win promotion.

Clark, Rooney, Hendry and McCart to leave and our team will be built around Crawford and MacPherson. With Kane the focal point for attack.

Our defence of Cleary, Gordon and Mahon will be unable to play the way the system requires.

Davidson will stick with this system because it's a new division with management that have not faced it regularly.

Our new goalkeeper will have been on the books of Stoke or Millwall.

Fun times for all.

Edited by rik2304

Looking forward to this end of season, we have been tiresome during the season but the last few months shows there is more to us than relegation fodder.

Great support already going, its a cup final again, 1st game is only half time and hope our European adventures can help us with preparing for 2 legs.  

Both teams have decent defences so its what front line will shine.  Really like to win the tie on Friday, I'm going 4-1 Saints.   Inverness to see another red, bunch of kickers!

I reckon ICT will hope to nick a goal and park the bus and hope to be alive going into the second leg.

Hopefully the class of Hendry can shine through if he is given decent service.

Our fans have backed our team all season, if the players and managers show the same passion as the fans then we will stay in the top flight.

In saying that do I see us cruising through the two legs, not a chance in hell, this team doesn’t know how to find the easy route with our tactics.

2 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

I reckon ICT will hope to nick a goal and park the bus and hope to be alive going into the second leg.

Very similar to our likely gameplan then!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this entire tie settled by either one scrappy goal, or two 0-0s followed by someone winning on penalties.

12 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think we might be ok. The way ICT got through won't help their confidence. I could see a 1-0 win and a 0-0 draw.

I think they will be quite confident after coming out on top with t 8 men.

Edited by Cagey

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Very similar to our likely gameplan then!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this entire tie settled by either one scrappy goal, or two 0-0s followed by someone winning on penalties.

I have no reason or evidence for this but I expect the game to be done and dusted in Inverness; I see us winning 0-3.

2 hours ago, slambrother said:

Anyone have any idea of the ticketing arrangements for our home game?  

would fully expect to miss an email sent out at a random time saying tickets are on sale and that season ticket holders won’t have an option to secure their own seat! 

tickets now available for non season ticket holders at a reduced price of £18

22 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Davidson will stick with this system

Even though it has been plain from the first couple of months it did not work with our current squad of players. CD will play 3 at the back no matter what. Sundays meaningless game proved that, Rooney centre back (no he is not) and the cherry on top MOH LEFT wing back (no he is not) He is right footed winger, but CD needed someone to play there rather than change his system. His stubbornness has dragged our team in to the abyss. It will be they same again next season  

1 minute ago, Johnny B said:

Even though it has been plain from the first couple of months it did not work with our current squad of players. CD will play 3 at the back no matter what. Sundays meaningless game proved that, Rooney centre back (no he is not) and the cherry on top MOH LEFT wing back (no he is not) He is right footed winger, but CD needed someone to play there rather than change his system. His stubbornness has dragged our team in to the abyss. It will be they same again next season  

Sunday was different because he was never going to risk the likes of Brown who arguably was our only other cover at left-back.

My poin t is he will not change the system How about

Parish

Rooney Cleary Mahon MCart

MOH Butterfield Crawford Sang

Middleton Ciftci 

That is not risking Brown or Gordon and we do not have to play Rooney at centre back and MOH at left wing back

Edited by Johnny B