Hearts V St.Johnstone - Sunday 28th August

SaintJet

48 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Bit better from saints attacking wise, but now defense looked leaky and Phillips, others gave possession away too easily. Hearts could have had a few more. Refs decisions at times swayed momentum to hearts, which didn't help.

Sadly another loss though and already pressure on for St Mirren game. I struggle with the May, Bair option, I hope we can resolve that as Carey and Murphy continue to grow on me.

Callum D looked a bit fatter than normal, just thought Id mention that also.

Thought that was a typo at first. :lol:

Don't be too hard on the guys, got caught on the break when we were in the ascendancy, seeking a winner.

Bair failed to get his head on the cross at the near post with the ball goìng through to the keeper.

Craig Gordon punted the ball up the left where the 1st Saints player failed to intercept & his Saints namesake made a reckless challenge inside the box leaving Beaton with one of the few decisions he got right today, by pointing to the spot.

The rest as they say is history. 

Looked like a draw was likely today.

Roll on next week as performances are slowly improving. 

C.o.y.s.

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Gordon for Phillips , so who played in midfield.

Personally I would have replaced Halberg with Max but that's too positive I suppose.

McGowan moved forward alongside Crawford. Max would have been a good option to bring on but IMHO needs a solid midfielder alongside him. If Melker had still been on the part that would have been a good option. 

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Yes the Club need to take this up with SPFL as it's happening every week due to officials being biased in favour of the "bigger" clubs

Unfortunately VAR won't fix the problem.

I wonder if there is a touch of canniness about this. Other teams send three or four players to moan at the referee about every decision and the referee then tends to give them the benefit of any doubt every time. We generally have one player on their own moaning about decisions, which referees tend to see as one player being a pain. We're constantly seeing other teams putting collective pressure on officials - we need to start doing this rather than failing to back each other up.

Wasn't at the game but it sounded like Saints had a bit more of a go today and still lacking a striker that can regularly score. Commentators suggested Saints played okay. Still hearing a lot of biased commentary though on the radio with a lot favouritism today towards wanting Hearts to do well, not much different from when we play the old firm. Not once did they mention how important a point or a win would be to Saints, just what a massive win it would be for Hearts.

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

McGowan moved forward alongside Crawford. Max would have been a good option to bring on but IMHO needs a solid midfielder alongside him. If Melker had still been on the part that would have been a good option. 

Max is no shrinking violet . He was never frightened of a tackle and looks like he has bulked up this season.

Let’s pray that Dundee Utd stay as bad as they are now and we might squeak into 11th or the penthouse in 10th.

Im feeling a little positive as we scored two more then normal, but we conceded three more, so if our team is set up for 0/0 then we are in all sorts.

11 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

To put things in perspective, that was Hearts’ second string. We are bad!

You can say that the Hearts first team squad is a fairly good squad yesterday was probably a stronger side than went to Parkhead and just lost 2-0 to Celtic having went down to 9 men. 

8 hours ago, pezza70 said:

Let’s pray that Dundee Utd stay as bad as they are now and we might squeak into 11th or the penthouse in 10th.

Im feeling a little positive as we scored two more then normal, but we conceded three more, so if our team is set up for 0/0 then we are in all sorts.

I have a feeling (provided he is still out of work) Duncan Ferguson will be in there in charge in the not too distant period. 

9 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Wow the defending for those goals was woeful, school boy stuff letting your man wander free in the box!

Yeah , Mitchell and McGowan lost their man at both goals.

Consadine was woefully slow at second goal but Ginnelly is fast and Brown was no help..

All 3 goals were gifts. When a manager's 'philosophy' is wholly based on the defence and they leak goals like that then it's obvious there are problems. It's not like it's a one off as there's been more shaky moments than tight ones so far this season.

Three winnable games coming up then an international break to take us to the end on September. We should be looking at 7-9 points but I doubt too many would be surprised if we ended up with 2. If ever there was a time to make a decision it is being handed on a plate to the currently supportive Chairman.

Edited by Sergei

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

You can say that the Hearts first team squad is a fairly good squad yesterday was probably a stronger side than went to Parkhead and just lost 2-0 to Celtic having went down to 9 men. 

I have a feeling (provided he is still out of work) Duncan Ferguson will be in there in charge in the not too distant period. 

Come on!!! Give it up!!!

Hearts we’re giving full debuts to 19 year olds and were playing with one recognised centre back. Don’t tell me that was anything close to being a decent hearts team. If they fielded that starting 11 every week for a full season they would relegated I reckon. Gordon, Devlin and Boyce might keep them up but other than that.